Giants making some moves!

sageadvice

Long Time Member
San Francisco sent minor league pitcher Tim Alderson to the Pirates for the 31-year-old All-Star Sanchez, the 2006 NL batting champion.

This move for a career .300+ second baseman and earlier in the weeks trade for Garko, a .285+ career hitting first basemen really adds some solid offense in places that during the past few seasons have gone wanting.

Other teams are making big moves as well but with the Giants presently atop the list in the wild card standings, do you think these positive additions will be enough to help them make the play-offs?

Joey

I say......I hope so. Getting Zito and Johnathan Sanchez some run support should make them better pitchers.

We've gained three games on the Dodgers in the last three days.

A tough 4 game series against Philidelphia starting tonight.

Eel

I DO THINK SF HAS IT HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION....THEY ARE MUCH IMPROVED.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING OTHER TEAMS YOU WILL KNOW THAT THE PHILLIES ARE 4 PLAYERS BETTER THAT LAST YEAR....AND NO...I,M NOT COUNTING PEDRO MARTINEZ IN THAT IMPROVMENT.
I HAVE BEEN A AVID BOSOX FAN SINCE 1961.....THE GIANTS HAVE A PHILLIE ROAD BLOCK THEY CANT OVERCOME. THE YANKS WILL FOLD MOST LIKLY AGAIN ....EVEN THOUGH THEY SPENT OVER A BILLION DOLLARS ON 5 PLAYERS. THE PHILLIES ARE THE TEAM TO BEAT FOR ALL THE REST OF BASEBALL....BOTH LEAGUES....THEY ARE THAT MUCH IMPROVED.....YD.

ahhhhh........Philly road block?
3 out of 4 hows that?
now SUNKIST or what ever they're sold out too! been rough there
for SF lately!
You said your a Bosox fan!(looks like they had a few pokes in the boodie, and them gym junkies were to be clean)...must make them yank fan smile!

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

YANKS FANS HAVE THEIR OWN PROBLEMS....THEIR NEW STADIUM IS CALLED ...."THE HOUSE THAN JUICE BUILT". WAY TOO MANY YANKS BUSTED FOR ROIDS....& STILL COUNTING.

GIANT FANS HAVE AN OLD PROBLEM.....THEY CANT GET TO THE BIG DANCE..........YD.

"GIANT FANS HAVE AN OLD PROBLEM.....THEY CANT GET TO THE BIG DANCE..........YD."

Yeah, but it's well known that they're not A-HOLES like RED SOX Fans!!

Joey

spoken like a dodger fan...you sure a bosox fan.. let's see how the Rockies do in Philly and how the dodgers do in next 3 games..

4a769d015db07d24.jpg

beat a DODGER..........

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-09 AT 08:55AM (MST)[p] EASY JOEY.....ITS ONLY BASEBALL. YOUR BEST MOVE JOEY...IS TO GET INTO SOME ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES, YOU WILL PICK UP THINGS ALONG THE WAY LIKE CLASS, GRAMMER, & HUMAN RELATIONS TECHNIQUES,& CONVERSATION TIPS. FORGET HUNTING FOR A WHILE....IMPROVE YOURSELF INTO A QUALITY PERSON.

NO JOEY......BEING A BOSOX FAN DOES NOT MAKE ANYBODY AN A-HOLE..........................................YD.

Whoa there YUKON DALL!! I'm the last person in these pages to be angry or mad. Just saying hello is all. Don't let it get loose on ya. Jeeze, i guy can't do a little kidding? YOU had no trouble kidding me, right?

Maybe YOUR best move Dall is to quit saying Smart Ass remarks to my posts??? Then again i don't really care or give a ship but you're digs are getting old and pressing on my good nature. Also please spare us your Psyche analytical BS. You're as screwed up as the rest of us or you wouldn't have made your last comment!!

Have a good day!

Joey

hoping the next 6 game Giant can pick up 4 games on those blue belly basages!!
way to make a come back Mr Martinez a few months that seems forever!
No one wants to play the Giants right now!

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

EEl And Rackmaster, +1 for the come back kid!!!

Things are looking up. Zito is again doing his second half turn around this year, really starting to throw the ball well. Our infield is again hitting the ball and the current outfield can actually catch the ball. :)

I'm very pleased we are able to hold our own in the National league with anybody, we've proved that. Pitching wins games and nobody doubts that all considered, we have a top staff. With the additions of the new guys, some stick and experience, maybe we won't be such easy pickings for other teams better pitchers.

This is all fairly new to us from these past few years. Winning games against tough pitching... that's the next big step the Giants need to overcome to be a champion as i see it.

Joey

>
4a769d015db07d24.jpg

>
>beat a DODGER..........
>
Ahhhh.. My favorite team is any team that beats the Dodgers..
I live in Dodger country but can't stand em.. And the Dodger fans are even worse.. You ought to see how they conduct themselves when they play the Angels.. Or when they come to SF to play the Giants.

That hurt last night, ouch!!!!!!!!!!

I was impressed with the 2 new guys. I've been in Germany the last 2 weeks and could only read USA Today twice. Picked up the Washington Post on the way back and saw they picked up Sanchez. Sign that guy to a 5 year deal, NOW!!!!!!!!

Califelkslayer, Pretty neat story about Sanchez is how he grew up with club feet or foot, not sure. Anyway, according to the commentators last night, his Mom had to change his cast like every week. They didn't give him much chance of ever being an athlete yet look at him now, not only playing baseball but playing baseball in the "Bigs"... and a past batting title winner.

Seems like a class guy to me, the kind i'd want on my team!!

Eel, 10-5, WTFWT? Hope they got that out of their system!! :)

Joey

Iam so bad..........making love to a gal and watching LA game on the TV at the same time...just glad she has cable!
itwent better than I thought it would until it went extra inning
I took one for Giants!
THATS ONE!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

>Iam so bad..........making love to a
>gal and watching LA game
>on the TV at the
>same time...just glad she has
>cable!
>itwent better than I thought it
>would until it went extra
>inning
>I took one for Giants!

Atta boy Rack.. A true fan if ever there was one..

Requires skill and concentration to manage that task and watch the game.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom