Gila road conditions

I will be in 23 next week around Tuesday, looking at August rainfall gauges alone it has to be a mess right now. Forecast has the faucet turning off around the 2/3rd we will see. Rainfall varies from 3 to 7 inches for August looking at weather station data along 180 from Luna to Silver City. The areas to the south have really been dumped on. Silver City showing 5 inches for Aug.

I’m hearing that off trail it’s a SOB to get around on horseback! I don’t see it really letting up any time soon! Good luck to you with first archery tags! If anyone has been out and has pictures please post them up!

Damn it

33DB79AE-4E1A-4A03-B825-5CC7E0A09A8F.jpeg

Was out in 16A last weekend. To say it's wet is an understatement. That place is soaked beyond saturation. Every bottom has water running through it and the South Fork of Negrito looked like a major river (pic posted).
@BUGLEnmIN, regarding horseback, we went hiking and every step we took our boots sank into the ground, some more than others, even on the hillsides so i am sure it's hell on the horses.
Our original plan was to camp but we had to stay in Reserve. Good thing because the rain was coming down in buckets Friday night.

S Fk Negrito.jpg

Was out in 16A last weekend. To say it's wet is an understatement. That place is soaked beyond saturation. Every bottom has water running through it and the South Fork of Negrito looked like a major river (pic posted).
@BUGLEnmIN, regarding horseback, we went hiking and every step we took our boots sank into the ground, some more than others, even on the hillsides so i am sure it's hell on the horses.
Our original plan was to camp but we had to stay in Reserve. Good thing because the rain was coming down in buckets Friday night.

View attachment 84800
Thank you for the update my friend! My partners got the trail cleared ( our version of it)
This was before the rains that have been hitting since last Thursday and from what I understand it hit OVER DRIVE since then! Last time it was like this was in 2012 and oh boy did we and our stock get our asses handed to us!!!
Thanks for the update and photos ! I’m heading in Tuesday night and HOPEFULLY pulling out Friday morning! I will be sure to take and post pics along with updates!

Last I heard Snow lake was past the road and you couldn't get to Loco trailhead. If you pull anywhere off the main roads your gonna get stuck. trucks are stuck all over Beaverhead area. Choose your route wisely. I was going to go ride and scout next week but I think I will pass for awhile,

Last I heard Snow lake was past the road and you couldn't get to Loco trailhead. If you pull anywhere off the main roads your gonna get stuck. trucks are stuck all over Beaverhead area. Choose your route wisely. I was going to go ride and scout next week but I think I will pass for awhile,
I heard the same thing my friend. I just found out that I splintered my ankle and have a fragment floating around ! Perfect timing right? With second season 3 weeks away! I will keep you posted muleman part of the crew went in today!

I will be in 23 next week around Tuesday, looking at August rainfall gauges alone it has to be a mess right now. Forecast has the faucet turning off around the 2/3rd we will see. Rainfall varies from 3 to 7 inches for August looking at weather station data along 180 from Luna to Silver City. The areas to the south have really been dumped on. Silver City showing 5 inches for Aug.
Where are you finding rainfall totals? I’ve been searching but coming up empty. Thanks

Where are you finding rainfall totals? I’ve been searching but coming up empty. Thanks
Weather underground and click on the individual weather stations. It’s on the wundermap that lets you select layers. Scroll down and you can change the display for that weather station from daily to monthly totals.

Weather underground and click on the individual weather stations. It’s on the wundermap that lets you select layers. Scroll down and you can change the display for that weather station from daily to monthly totals.
Awesome. That’s really helpful. Thank you

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom