Gila Second Season Success

elkfanatic

I've been meaning to post these up for about a week now. I shot my bull in 16E on the morning of the second day of the hunt. He's a nice 6x6 around 280-285. Three out of the other Four members of the group tagged out with my dad and brother being two of them. 4 6x6s in camp. Funny story is I scored all the bulls with a shoelace and thought we had 3 bulls over 300" but when we got back to town (after rebuilding the road for 6 hours) I was reminded that I used the bases which aren't supposed to be scored. But all in all it was a great hunt. The 3 bulls ended up scoring 293 291 289
My bull
888720130912_115507.jpg

2486elk.jpg.jpg

435420130912_115551.jpg

Congrats on a great bull , throw the score out , you hammered a nice 6x with your bow on public land!AWESOME , thanx for sharing it...

>Nice bull, he looks bigger than
>that to me. Congrats!

Maybe that's because I'm a real small guy. I'm only 5'5" on my best days. But either way that's good

Nice work bud! I know exactly how hard ya'll worked for those bulls, we too were up there in 16E for the 2nd hunt. All we ended up with was stuck in the mud!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom