Give me a rough score.

I would guess 190ish lower end. but I love that frame and depending what else you are seeing then you can compare the unit. If he is just a tab above average. Then I would keep looking. I would definitely get a closer look and tabs on him.

Agree with everyone else-that is a giant and a beautiful looking buck. Love those front forks! Hope you kill him and can show us a close-up!

That’s A good one!
Long main beams and deep forks. Just a little narrow on the inside spread but still a very solid buck.
Actually kind of a shame he has that extra point.
Looks to me like he’s about done growing.
I’m guessing he’s about 196 gross and could net 190.

A hunting buddy's Colorado buck. 195 net , 27 inches wide.

gerry-kirby-195-net-b-c-colorado-11-95-jpg.jpg

Here’s a good comparison.

bigmoose posted this pic in the 190 or bigger topic.
This buck pictured above looks to me like he scores higher than the one currently in question in this topic.
That dead buck pictured above looks to have a wider inside spread and better eye guards.
Otherwise they have a very similar looking main frame.

My guess is mid 180’s, however I would put him on the ground, personally, and then snap some pics…. Then quarter, and pack him out. Then I might put a tape on him and see how close….

Great main beams, big forks and an inline? I think he breaks 190 pretty easy. Great buck!

Even with a lot of points used, unless you turn something else up he is probably worth the points, depending on the state as a few seem to be declining faster than others.

Is his G4 split? That is a stud of a buck. Not sure for sure what he'd score but he'd be in my freezer if i could get within range.

Narrow bucks will have shorter beams. Velvet accentuates the mass. Those are the only reason I say he’s in the 80’s. He’s awesome, and I’d personally whack him

I’d say he’s a mid 80s type deer looking at his frame. Velvet always gives them the big factor too. Really nice deer. He has a really similar build to a buck I killed a couple years ago.
View attachment 83008View attachment 83009
Beautiful deer! I was trying to compare the one I videoed and yours, pretty similar but I think the main beams are longer on the living deer from what I see? Yours may have deeper forks in the back.

I agree its a good comp. But the buck in the video seems to have longer mains and it has an inline. Less mass though. So you may be right Cole.

All I know is that it's rare to have a side view that WOWS you and when you do I don't think you should let the front or back view talk you out of, now the other way around is not so true. If I see a wide from the front or back view buck I need alot more info from a side view to talk me into or out of shooting it.

In other words it's rare that inside spread over 26 or 27 inches makes a difference because most really good bucks still don't have main beams longer than that in order to get that spread credit.
That’s a good comparison cole almost look like twins.
Does your buck gross in the mid 180s?

If you pass him up you will alot sleepless night (nightmares) LOL
less then 1% of the hunters would pass him.

I honestly missed the in-line in the first video. But I’d say if you’re not a 200 or bust or he has to “this wide” kinda guy then he’s worth ground checking. Narrow/tall bucks typically always score better anyways. I’m always conservative with scoring deer via pictures but I’d say you have a buck that will gross between 188 and 192 by my math.

That in-line seems to have grown since the last clip ha ha.
He’s a good buck but maybe lacking in the mass department a bit.
Probably depends on what state and which unit he’s in.
Are you a resident?
How many points did it take to draw?

Big bucks look big. That buck passes the "look test" and he looks big. I won't haggle much on score, but I agree with most that he is a first day shooter. I think he will be in the upper 180's to low 190's.

We could always say he might get better next year so you could leave him and send us a pic in a year if nobody else whacks him this fall. Odds of that might be pretty low. :)

Thanks for sharing the video. Fun post.

Are you a resident?
It’s honestly hard with narrow bucks with frames like this. The buck I killed I actually passed on the first time I found him because his frame wasn’t all that impressive. Went back to camp and told dad about it and showed him pictures and he told me I was off in my assessment and told me I was stupid for passing him. Went back and killed him a day later and by god dad was right.

That bucks front end is solid those G4s will boost his score. I'd put him in the 190s if he has eyeguards. That inline will also help his gross score.

Are you a resident?
NR
More than 10 PP.
He’s the best I’ve found so far, but still looking.

Hope you get to measure him up for us Wheeler.
I misjudge bucks in the velvet all the time but he looks like he has normal mass measurements, certainly not skinny but not as fat as that snake.?.

To me his main beams look moderate but not excessively long.

He doesn’t have much for eye guard score.

He has some blading, that helps, he has great forks which really helps. That in-line makes up for the lack of his eye guards.

Try as I might I’ve never killed one that measures that many inches. I’d shot at him immediately but I’ve missed before, so that’s no guarantee for me.

If you forced me to put a number down I’d say 190” but I could easily be off 6”, either way.

He’s a good looker and he’ll look great on your wall!

Get’er done!!

My son in law killed this buck a few years ago. Any guesses on what his typical frame might score?

View attachment 83014
This buck has a main frame of 192. Sometimes looks are deceiving. Like ICM said-this buck passed the wow factor the second I laid eyes on him. I figured 190 before I even noticed the trash. It was hard to keep my excitement level down so my son in law didn't get flustered. It was only his 2nd buck ever; on his 3rd deer hunt. Another fellow had been shown this buck by his guides and turned him down because he thought he was a 180 buck. He didn't believe his guides. He was pretty disappointed when those guys ground checked him!

I think his main frame is closer to 195” than it is 185”. G3 and G4’s are very impressive. Seemed to have more eye guard, at least on drivers side, in second video. Didn’t see much for scoreable cheaters other than in-line, but that’s a 200” gross buck. Already have a few of those? If not….. then I would focus on him if there is much competition.

Good luck getting close with that bow.

As a fellow archery guy (who's never shot a buck over 170 with my bow) the toughest thing for you is going to be having a 181" buck bedded in a perfect spot, where you can get to 40 yards fairly easily and trying to decide if you want to wait and dig this guy up so you can measure him for us :ROFLMAO:

As a fellow archery guy (who's never shot a buck over 170 with my bow) the toughest thing for you is going to be having a 181" buck bedded in a perfect spot, where you can get to 40 yards fairly easily and trying to decide if you want to wait and dig this guy up so you can measure him for us :ROFLMAO:
I’ve got the whole season to hunt, hopefully his pattern stays predictable.

I'm not sure when your season opens or when you plan to hunt, or even what state you are hunting. But if I can come and help you, I will do that. I'm not interested in sneaking into your secret area now or in the future, just willing to help you if you think extra eyes and someone to help give signals will be beneficial.

My schedule is pretty full but I could easily give you 3-5 days between late August and September 12. I have plenty of good equipment.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you would like some help and that schedule works for you.

I'm not sure when your season opens or when you plan to hunt, or even what state you are hunting. But if I can come and help you, I will do that. I'm not interested in sneaking into your secret area now or in the future, just willing to help you if you think extra eyes and someone to help give signals will be beneficial.

My schedule is pretty full but I could easily give you 3-5 days between late August and September 12. I have plenty of good equipment.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you would like some help and that schedule works for you.
Thanks for the gracious offer, I really appreciate it. I have a buddy that’s going to come out and give me a hand, but if something falls thru I’ll give you a shout.
Thanks again!

Wheels you are missing on a great guy (ICMDEER) helping you out.
It like taking the star pitcher out of the game before he throws a pitch. LOL

190??? That buck is pushing the 300” club.

That’s how many inches of eraser it would take to wipe the smile off my face if I killed him.

Goodun!

A little update on this deer. He has disappeared since my scouting trip in early August, started looking last Monday and haven’t seen him or his buddies. This morning I saw the crows working on something right where they had been hanging out and then 2 black bears showed up, it was one of the bucks little buddies that they were eating on.
I’ve been glassing the basin they were in, but I’m guessing they moved out since the ambush. Will keep looking.

I don’t see anything below 189. Could be 8 inches bigger.
I feel if you can judge deer within 10-15” and elk within 15-20 off of a pic. Your doing pretty good.
Seeing them with your own eyes. It’s a different story.

That bucks going to surprise people with those big g4's and long turned up beams and the extra, wouldn't surprise me if he touched 200" gross

i say kill him if he makes you happy.

But I don’t see a 190” buck myself. But a good buck that I would put an arrow or bullet through.

That's a beautiful deer. I'd say 180 frame 190 gross. I'd sure like to find out by putting him on the ground. Thanks for sharing. Always fun this time of year. Usually everyone guesses way low, but doesn't seem to be the case on this buck so you've got a nice one spotted. Hope you find him again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom