Gladiator

Preferred option.

• Total voters

Long Time Member
Has anyone pulled the trigger on a jeep gladiator? At first I didnt know what to think but lately they are growing one me. Seems like a pretty handy and unique small truck. Of course by the time you add some lift and decent tires you could get a regular half ton.

Over $50K for a decent trim is crazy. It seems that I heard something on the news a couple weeks ago that they are giving up to $8K off because the demand has not been what they expected. That's a good discount but with jeep depreciation you could probably get it half off if you buy a used one in a few years. They look pretty cool with a lift and proportionate tires.

The reports and teasers of the 2021 Ford Bronco look intriguing and I'm not a Ford guy at all. The full details hopefully should be out soon.

Lil Red Said:

You Ain't Buyin Her Another 'Used'' Vehicle!:D

I Think She'd Be SPORTIN It in a New 2021 F-150 KING RANCH 4 Door 4X4 3.5 ECO-BOOST with 3:73 GEARS!

I drove my son’s Moab edition Jeep for a couple days in January. Maybe you should let her try that one?

Dear Elk... Back in 2015 I posted the Ford-F150 Turbo I acquired... Then posted picture of body paint BRUSH Scratched on it's side.

Now in 2020 I have come close to 14,000 Miles on my Truck. I must be Blood Kin to Eel :)

1911, listen to Elk. A Ford F-150 ='s a New 2021 F-150 KING RANCH 4 Door 4X4 3.5 ECO-BOOST with 3:73 GEARS!

I Highly DISAGREE with the rear end Gears. Get the Lowest Possible so Gas$$$$$ (to you) per mile/day/week/month ='s near zero.

Jagerdad :) ... { A Family man with sense}
( Triple AAA with a Gun, why do need advice from a Sheriff...?...Yes, Cuz you know Sheriff's are SAFE to Follow ) So is ELK :)

Dear Elk... Back in 2015 I posted the Ford-F150 Turbo I acquired... Then posted picture of body paint BRUSH Scratched on it's side.

Now in 2020 I have come close to 14,000 Miles on my Truck. I must be Blood Kin to Eel :)

1911, listen to Elk. A Ford F-150 ='s a New 2021 F-150 KING RANCH 4 Door 4X4 3.5 ECO-BOOST with 3:73 GEARS!

I Highly DISAGREE with the rear end Gears. Get the Lowest Possible so Gas$$$$$ (to you) per mile/day/week/month ='s near zero.

Not So!

We Have Hills around here!

Even some Mountains!

Them High Gears Ain't gonna let You Do Anything!

The Speed Limiter Still kicks in!

Jagerdad :) ... { A Family man with sense}
( Triple AAA with a Gun, why do need advice from a Sheriff...?...Yes, Cuz you know Sheriff's are SAFE to Follow ) So is ELK :)

Sounds like you're gonna be Stylin!

gremlin.jpg

Looks like AMC is winning

I Feel for the Used Car Salesman when Lil Red Shows up!:D

(I Know,You Ain't doing that again!)

But Lil Red?

Was it B's Fault?:D

Yes, I bought a 2020 Gladiator in July/2019.

I went with it because it is a 1/2 ton NOT a 1/4 ton

I'm very happy

I'm in Roy if ya wanna swing by and check it out 1911 & lil Red

Robb

Pho Sure Chris

This is what mine looked like on delivery morning

Plain Jane kinda.….

Mopar Warranty Legal Lift kit, bed liner spray and Running boards ...

Yeh, I've had plenty of OEM 2020 Gladiator ad on issues but I 'Know a Guy' from 'Bama that does Perfect Work!!

Just Sayin'

Robb

IMG_0841.HEIC.jpg

Yes, I bought a 2020 Gladiator in July/2019.

I went with it because it is a 1/2 ton NOT a 1/4 ton

I'm very happy

I'm in Roy if ya wanna swing by and check it out 1911 & lil Red

Robb
We drove one im in love , if i could find a orange rubicon cersion id be sold !!!

I wanted to downsize and it was time to sell my 2010 F350 V-10 with 98k miles so I sold the toyhauler and the F350 in 3 days and bought the Gladiator on day 4.

I had the F350 shined up when the guy brought me the cashiers check and he got the title and F350.

Robb

Edit--YES he even got the M&M white window decals as I am Brians traveling billboard!

IMG_0840.JPG

Last edited:
I think the Gladiator is cool but the price is insane for those things. I would definitely get the Rubicon if you plan to take it off-road at all because you get front and rear lockers, Better gearing, away bar disconnect and the better tcase. I’ve got a 2016 Rubicon 4 door with 47K miles and I take it wheeling a lot!
57A62B2C-4F83-47DA-BAE7-54543B650A9D.png

EC5868FD-08CA-4B26-8E43-44C6D9EF5470.jpeg

I Don't Care for the Tail Lights on the Gladiator!

Wouldn't Last One Trip Where I Go without knocking both of them off!

But Rigs that Cost that Much don't normally go where I go!

I Know it won't be a Problem with PleaseDear's Rig!

He Takes better care of his Rigs than His Women!:D:D:D

Love the Gladiator. But already have a 2017 Rubicon. How much does a Gladiator cost in comparison to a Rubicon ? Just a ballpark figure. I’m retiring in 3 months so I might need to get myself a present ?

Just looked up a price on the Gladiator Rubicon and asking price was around $50,000. Not too much more than a Wrangler

I've been pretty dang happy with the towing as downsizing from a F350 to a 1/2 ton and engine size ect….

With my RZR2 and 8 x 12 enclosed trlr, I'm right @ 3,300lbs towing wieght and I did just fine fighting the early morning/0600 Wind going up Weber Canyon, over Trappers Loop and up on Monte Cristo then back down the same way. 108 miles round trip and 14.2 mpg towing with the Gladiator

Robb

IMG_3671.jpg

Last edited:
Spose a real cowboy would drive a Gladiator? Asking for a friend. mtmuley
Tell your friend my driveway has a 1 owner 1995 F250, a 2005 Grand Cherokee, a 98 Cherokee, and an 07 Datsun. Hope that helps make him sleep better at night. He sounds a tad presumptuous.

Sorry I missed your question Bess, I'll send ya a PM or text ya with the answer.

I think I have answered all the privately asked questions.

Sorry but I have no clue as to any Lease vs Loan questions as I do my best to stay away from both of those options.

Robb

IMG_4541.jpg

Sorry I missed your question Bess, I'll send ya a PM or text ya with the answer.

I think I have answered all the privately asked questions.

Sorry but I have no clue as to any Lease vs Loan questions as I do my best to stay away from both of those options.

Robb

That's the only way to fly.

I've been getting quite a few questions about my clearance, so I took front and back measurements

Granted the lift kit size and what size Big Rubber a guy is Rolling or gal--- lil' Red.

Front is right @ 11 inches

Robb

IMG_1575.JPG

You Get the GLADIATOR Yet Red?

There's a BRAND DAMN NEW GALDIATOR RUBICON at L & L Motor in Roosevelt!

Tell 1911 to Quit Being such a Tight Ass!

In Fact they Have 3 of them!

But I Think this one due to the Color fits you best:

WEll, I Finally got my Shell/Topper shipped to me from Cali and I have No Problem with my guy in San Diego as he has been Stuck since late February with the dang C-19 Cali shutdown!

He imports from South Africa as No US shell/topper company is making any for the new in 2020 JP Gladiator for at least a year, Toss in the backlog created by C-19----Good Lord!

Sam T Evans on Wall in Hog-den did my install and wiring, 10 year warranty on workmanship for $85 labor

Yes, that's -77's fold out topper leaning against the Big Rubber! ha
IMG_4846.jpg

Robb

Having the Decked System already installed, I wanted the freedom of Not having to crawl into the bed to get/store stuff, that is why I went with the side panels access
IMG_4852.jpg

So just Tinkering with configuration (yeh I cried to _77 & daughter, that I wished 1911 had swung by so 2 of Men could brainstorm!)

Anyhoo, I just grabbed some coolers and the like to fill it up to see how it played out for Space and access ect….
IMG_4854.jpg

150 qt cooler and I can open the lid and put ice then game bags with elk meat or ?? meat just by opening this side panel....

No Sun Heat on any of the coolers because of the No glass/windows.....
IMG_4856.jpg

I did a quickie trip over to Colorado Via Laramie, Wyoming this wknd and it road nice and I even got a few Complements about the look of it!
IMG_4867.jpg

Robb

Toss it in the mail Chris and I'll find a place for it!

Link for the Importer in Cali. Plus a real nice vid using a Tacoma.

Robb

Last edited:
I'll just answer the private questions this way on here as far as gas mileage

Robb
IMG_4801.jpg

Last edited:
WEll, I Finally got my Shell/Topper shipped to me from Cali and I have No Problem with my guy in San Diego as he has been Stuck since late February with the dang C-19 Cali shutdown!

He imports from South Africa as No US shell/topper company is making any for the new in 2020 JP Gladiator for at least a year, Toss in the backlog created by C-19----Good Lord!

Sam T Evans on Wall in Hog-den did my install and wiring, 10 year warranty on workmanship for $85 labor

Yes, that's -77's fold out topper leaning against the Big Rubber! haView attachment 7675

Robb
Ill send ya the pic , Jinger is sexy now !!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom