Global Cooling?

202typical

Long Time Member
Decade has had fewest 90-degree days since 1930

By Tom Skilling, Cicago Tribune
August 13, 2008

August is the wettest and often the muggiest month of the year. Yet, summer heat continues in short supply, continuing a trend that has dominated much of the 21st Century's opening decade. There have been only 162 days 90 degrees or warmer at Midway Airport over the period from 2000 to 2008. That's by far the fewest 90-degree temperatures in the opening nine years of any decade on record here since 1930.

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

I must admit 202 I have missed your propensity to proliferate public partisan piety and your never ending desire to debunk global warming. My hat is off to you my friend! It can honestly be said that 202 redefines holding tight to ones guns.

Now, you know I really don't have a fight in the Global Warming battle, especially since it doesn't explain there are warming temps on our neighboring planets. However, and please by all means correct me if I am wrong. I thought Global Warming was defined by warming oceans regardless of man's effect or not, causing irregular weather patterns. It does not mean that temperatures would simply start increasing worldwide.

Wouldn't erratic weather patterns of more snow, more cold, less snow, less rain, higher highs, or lower lows be evidence of erratic weather patterns? I though last Summers Highs broke records across the nation last year, and Texas received record amounts of rainfall. Again, I could care less either way as to whether it's man-made or not. So I will not be going merrily merrily around the mulberry bush with you on it.

It's just that your post is pointing to a trend of what would be considered a non-historic weather pattern. By the way I miss the Climate PHD tag on your posts almost as much as your TR quotes! You should read up on him sometime he was really a remarkable guy. Did you know he was once the President of the United States? It's true...

FTW, and here I thought maybe it was global cooling, since I started checking my tire pressure and installed an 18 watt dusk to dawn security light on the end of the garage. I was all proud!:(

I think TRs grandson was a president too!:)

Eel

202 Typical, keep it up I really enjoy watching the eco freaks and liberals squirm out. Thanks

Don't worry, if it is proved that man is not a major factor for any global warming, those self procaimed eco liberal freaks will contribute everything to Al Gore saving the planet with his early warning and measures that he took to offset his carbon footprint. I can hear the marbles hitting the floor now from them shaking their heads.

RELH

Forewall I would not call a 9 year trend erratic.

Guys I love to get these warming wimps panties in a twist. Just read o'l foreskins response.

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-08 AT 02:06PM (MST)[p]"Forewall I would not call a 9 year trend erratic."

Decade has had fewest 90-degree days since 1930
By Tom Skilling, Cicago Tribune
August 13, 2008

***August is the wettest and often the muggiest month of the year. Yet, summer heat continues in short supply, continuing a trend that has dominated much of the 21st Century's opening decade. There have been only 162 days 90 degrees or warmer at Midway Airport over the period from 2000 to 2008. That's by far the fewest 90-degree temperatures in the opening nine years of any decade on record here since 1930.***

It would appear to me that the story is about non-historical weather trends. Or is this another poorly thought out cut-n-paster that has only aided you with the same love of Texas-styled intellectual masocism that currently occupies the oval office?

My questions, much like yourself... are simple. So why the deflection? I used many descriptors in my thread, if you want select erratic because it fits your agenda so be it. I believe it would fall under non-historical trends, apparently so does the article's author Tom Skilling?

What is the point of this story by Tom Skilling and why did you post it?

"what is the point of this story by Tom Skilling and why did you post it"?
I think all the marbles have hit the floor!!!

RELH

You are correct RELH, plus I think the panties just twisted a little tighter. LMAO

(PRO July 3, 2008)

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-08 AT 02:11PM (MST)[p]Those are your meds and dentures RELH, not marbles. Now come along they have cherry jello in the cafeteria, remember you like jello.:)

All ribbing aside RELH if we can't agree on the definition of a topic like Global Warming how can it ever be discussed. Perhaps that is the point if you have a partisan agenda, only wish to spout hyperbale, and avoid relavent discussion at all costs.

It's similiar to arguing that "Ready to bake" pizza is not really ready to bake at all. When you place it in the oven the cardboard box catches on fire melting the plastic wrapping making it impossible to eat.

It was dubbed Global Warming because there is more ocean water than land mass on the planet. A warming ocean will have a net effect on the land mass. It never meant that average temperatures on land would increase by 40 degrees in the next 2 weeks.

If this whole issue was spear-headed by Dan Quayle as opposed to Al Gore, I believe 202 would have a completely different spin on this topic.

Like I mentioned before I don't really care about this battle, there really isn't much 1 individual can do about it. I just find it odd after all these years 202 vehemently pokes fun at the theory of Global Warming, when 202 does not even comprehend it's true definition man-made or not.

The counter-point to any Man-made Global Warming Theory supporter is: Why are the surface temps of our neighboring planets rising as well?

The counter-point to Global Warming: None, as long as the median temperature of the oceans rise at a faster pace than previous historical rates theory becomes fact. A warming ocean will have changes in what would be considered normal weather patterns, not just in the form of rising temps. But as is mentioned in the cut-n-paste by Skilling noting lower temps.

So if you don't believe in Global Warming, one would think you would avoid posting articles that mention any changes in historical weather patterns.

Personally I believe all things evolve, including our planet and life will evolve with it or simply no longer exist.

"Personally I believe all things evolve, including our planet and life will evolve with it or simply no longer exist."

I could not agree more with that statement.

The point of the post is to point out the absurdity of the global warmers. They attach everything that is out of what they have determined normal to global warming. For example they will not allow folks to have a nice fire on the beach in Oregon because it causes global warming, yet lightening fires rage out of control. We are looked at as demons because we drive SUV's and our exhaust is causing global warming while volcanoes and other acts of nature do more harm than we could in 100 years of driving cars. They blame the friggin homeless on global warming for crying out loud.
So when ever I see a piece on things being cooler I like to post it just on the off chance I might bring my old pal Tfinal back into the fold.

(PRO July 3, 2008)

"The counter-point to Global Warming: None, as long as the median temperature of the oceans rise at a faster pace than previous historical rates theory becomes fact. A warming ocean will have changes in what would be considered normal weather patterns, not just in the form of rising temps. But as is mentioned in the cut-n-paste by Skilling noting lower temps."

FTW, lets go along with your 'theory' that the ocean is warming at "unprecedented rates". You also acknowledged that our neighboring planets are experiencing the same phenomenon. Could it be that there is something OTHER than man that is causing this "Universal Warming"? You know, something like the SUN!! There is amble EVIDENCE to suggest the earth is closer to the sun than in 1930. We also KNOW the sun does NOT maintain an exact temperature, so why do 'scientists' expect the earth to be immune to the same fluctuation, therefore concluding the only 'logical' conclusion is the oceans warming is man's fault?

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-08 AT 02:54PM (MST)[p]Pro it's always good to hear from you buddy, how have you been? It's been awhile so I hope everything is going well and life is good.

I gotta tell ya Pro it's not my theory that the ocean's are warming. For instance if you read my thread I really don't have any hardcore position on the matter. I gave the definition and if you follow the thread you'll see I only mention what the counter-points are to man-made or non-man made global warming.

Even 202 knows that posting this article actually supports global climate change more than it doesn't. 202 used a tactic known as baiting to see if he could get TF to reply. I used to do the samething to 202 and others to smoke him out and reply to a thread.

I think you need to read my threads a little closer buddy. In any case, glad you are still around and posting.

Pro I will be picking up my 67 SS/RS Camaro today, just dropped a new motor in it. I even stepped down my cam and changed gears from 4:11 to 3: 73's to help save gas. I should get at least 10 mpg going downhill. Just doing my part!

JB ;) Wanna buy a chromed cow chip?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom