Glock 22 Vs. 22c

fisrtcoueswas80inches

Very Active Member
anybody know anything about these pistols? was at a gun show today and was looking at them for when i become a Game and Fish occifer. i was looking at a .40 S&W caliber. whats the word on these pistols? the retail is 465-489 for the 22 and 519 for the 22c
casey

the .40 s&w is a great round. it doesn't have much recoil so you shouldn't need the "C" model. and the compensator makes the muzzle blast unbelievably loud. you also need to consider the with the "C", the gasses escape upwards and it creates one hell of a bright flash if you're shooting at night. if it was me, i'd get the standard 22, but with night sights. you should be able to find one for less than $550. if you've got any more questions, pm me, be glad to help.

I currently carry a Glock 22. It is a great gun and the .40 S&W is a great round, however the recoil in my opinion is substantial and is a more violent snap of a recoil than the .45. The C model is compensated which reduces the recoil quite a bit but it is still there. The C model does shoot flames straight up at night when you shoot which does cause some people problems but it doesn't bother me much.

In my opinion the .45 is much easier to shoot and the recoil is much less punishing. My advice would be to go check out a 21 and a 22 and hold them both and see which one fits your hand better. Manipulate the slide and magazine releases and see which one works best for you. You can probably find a gun shop in your area that will let you shoot the 21/21c 22/22c to see which one you like best and feel and see the differences.

They are all great guns though, haven't found a Glock yet that I haven't liked.

i was at a gun show and looked at a wide varitey of golcks and the one that seemed to fit my hand the best was the 22. i got two different proces from two dealers in az, one was 465 and one was 489. not bad, still gotta check out arizona sprotmans/jensens. what about the sights, is there a big enough difference between the fixed/ adjustable/night sights? are the night sights worth the 50-75 dollars more?
casey

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A GLOCK 22. THEY GIVE GOOD DISCOUNTS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT. I PAID $385.00 FOR MINE. ITS BEEN A GREAT GUN SO FAR.

what about the
>sights, is there a big
>enough difference between the fixed/
>adjustable/night sights? are the night
>sights worth the 50-75 dollars
>more?
>casey

the glock is accurate enough that for a carry gun, you really don't need adjustable sights, and they can hang up if you need to draw quickly. as for night sights, i personally like them. if you never need them, oh well, but that one time you do you'll be glad you have them.

For cosmetic reasons I do not like the glocks. I do not like any of the ugly plastic pistols. But I will be the first to admit that glock makes a very accurate pistol that will stand up to alot of abuse and is very damn reliable. The night sights may be a life saver to anyone in law enforcement or a self defense confrontation during night hours. I have used night sights for the past ten years on my duty guns.

RELH

the glock 22 with trijicon night sights, is the standard weapon that all of us wardens in texas carry. i was not fond of it until after i started shooting it. its very accurate, no recoil, easy to clean, reload and shoot. no need for adjustable sights, IMHO.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom