GMC 1500 lift

Captain_coues

Very Active Member
I'm no fan of lift kits and usually believe that they're fine for 16 year old high school boys as I've never seen the practicality or need to have one because I never drive in too wild of places to require one. I bought a 2016 sierra 1500 and had the dealer install a leveling kit. For the last year my driving style hasn't changed, but I notice I bottom out more than the past. When I need new tires, I'll try the next size up and see if that helps.

Do any of you have a modest lift on these models? If so, did you get a body lift? How tall is the truck? I would like a taller truck, but it still has to fit in a 7' high garage and can't have the tires rubbing on the frame when turning. I've searched for about a year and no site will tell me the overall height with the kits and tires installed. I've measured ones I've seen in my travels, but nothing that's under 7'.
thanks

I have a 15 with a leveling kit and 33s on it. For everywhere I'm taking it its plenty without all the added wear and tear from a lift.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

a body lift does nothing for ground clearance.....and the only thing that gets the axles higher is larger tire radius......

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>Those soft gm front ends can't
>handle a lift of any
>kind. Just speaking from experience
>

F'N Tie Rods are a F'N Joke as well!

She Don't Just Rain She Pours!

That Girl Right There's The Perfect Storm!

90087hankjr.jpg

>Those soft gm front ends can't
>handle a lift of any
>kind. Just speaking from experience
>
They can when done correctly. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom