GMC service and manufacturing

mightyhunter

Very Active Member
About a year ago or so, I inquired of MM whether I should go with another Tundra or go with GM. I screwed up and went with a GMC Sierra. It was a 2017 and had 26,000 miles. This is the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. The local dealership had the vehicle for over two months in the last year. Bills were racked up for almost $1,400.00. The dealership played “whack a mole” in trying to fix the truck. GMC service at the National level was and still is a joke. No response to emails and the telephonic contact only allows you to leave a message. Response times to messages is slow at best? The last response was 15 days after promising to get back to me in 1-2 business days. GMC covered a new ECM under warranty, but has ignored all the remaining expenses. It has become somewhat obvious that the problem was a bad wiring harness involving the throttle sensor. This was installed when the vehicle was manufactured. No replacement harnesses were available so the dealership had to make one at my expense. To the best of my knowledge, this vehicle had at least 4 throttle sensors replaced in an attempt to resolve the problem. These trucks are unreliable at best. Just sayin...mh

I once bought a new 24 valve cummins in 2001.

Fast forward to today. Still drives like new.

Never seen a check engine light on it.

Never left me stranded.

Never been to a shop.

Only changed fluids and a few oil seals from age.

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

Sorry for your bad luck.

I once bought a new 24 valve cummins in 2001.

Fast forward to today. Still drives like new.

Never seen a check engine light on it.

Never left me stranded.

Never been to a shop.

Only changed fluids and a few oil seals from age.

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

Sorry for your bad luck.
How many miles??

I have an 06 Chevy with a Duramax Allison combination. Best truck I’ve ever owned. Bought it used with a little over 40,000 on it. I’m over 350,000 now. Other then regular maintenance , Only repairs have been glow plugs( twice ), and injectors two weeks ago. Still runs like a scald ass alligator.

How many late model 4Runner’s do you see on the road today compared to late model explorers or GM trailblazers, etc.

Should have bought a Ford!
You started all this by asking the wrong question and deciding between two wrong brands!
There, I said it.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom