GMU 12

P

PAElkoholic

Hi All,
Has anybody hunted GMU 12 in here? I'm looking for any info on where would be a good place to hunt in this unit. I'm a DIY hunter, looking for an area that holds alot of elk away from the ATVs. I just need a focal point (mtn peak or terrain feature), I have all the maps and know about terra server and google earth. I use horses so getting to an area is not a problem.
Thanks for any help

The eastern portion of this unit is more for the horse pack type hunt.It is almost considered roadless and does hold a good number of elk.But where there is elk ,there will be elk hunters.Unit 12 is the most heavily hunted unit in the state.Success rates are high,but you will have lots of company.If you have never hunted the unit .you won't believe how many hunters there are in the rifle seasons.Hunters and camps every where.

Thanks Rem 308,
I have seen in here that you have hunted GMUs 4 & 441. Are there alot of elk in those GMUs? Any areas I should look at in those GMUs? Not afraid to get off the beaten path and get up high. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Black mountain area along with angel springs and Slide Mountain ,all these areas are known for good elk hunting in unit 4.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom