GMU 181 Desert Sheep

OldGoat

My 32yo son drew one of the 2 NR tags for 181. He's really excited but currently working out of state in a hospital that has Covid19 patients and doesn't have much free time.
We have the NDOW harvest stats and just waiting for some paper maps to be delivered. I see over 50 guzzlers in that unit, holy smokes are those things all working???
Any tips or advice on the unit would be appreciated. Here in AZ the sheep/deer application deadline is next week. Been hunting here for 40 years and more than willing to offer advice if needed.
Thanks!

Congrats on the tag. The vast majority of those 50 guzzlers are small game units not designed for sheep to use. There are however 10 or 12 big game guzzlers in the various ranges in 181. Should be a great hunt. There are lots of sheep and lots of area.

Thanks for the responses and PM's. I realize there is another 181 thread but didn't think it appropriate to jump on somebody else's thread.
We'll get a scouting trip in early October, cant wait.

Thanks for the responses and PM's. I realize there is another 181 thread but didn't think it appropriate to jump on somebody else's thread.
We'll get a scouting trip in early October, cant wait.
Thanks for being considerate. Congrats on your son's tag. Maybe we'll run into each other out there. Sounds like there's plenty of sheep to look over.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom