GMU 23 FAWTD Sep archery

Trad Bow 1979

Got this tag on a fourth choice. Any opinions on the low harvest rate for this hunt? Is it due to Couse deer being in such isolated pockets making them hard to locate? Or is it that the population is so low that encounters are just rare? So far I’m thinking of scouting the northern end of the unit, hopefully that’s where they hang out lol.

Got this tag on a fourth choice. Any opinions on the low harvest rate for this hunt? Is it due to Couse deer being in such isolated pockets making them hard to locate? Or is it that the population is so low that encounters are just rare? So far I’m thinking of scouting the northern end of the unit, hopefully that’s where they hang out lol.
It’s a combination of things. The population is not good, the country is HUGE, and the game and fish sacrificed this unit just for people to have the chance to hunt. I’ve seen some very respectable coues here just not often, you’re not going to want to hunt the north end that’s for sure. There’s a reason you drew it on a fourth choice, but it beats the hell out of sitting on the couch. Good luck

Yea I never have high expectations for a 4th choice hunt, I would’ve preferred to draw a hunt in 24 but I guess I just gotta drive a little further. I Appreciate the info not scout the north end, I’ll start looking at different areas for a scouting trip.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom