gmu 27

257nut

I was trying to get some info about this unit but most if not everybody is hunting coues .
I have a mule deer tag. my interest is north of hwy 9 in the pelocillo,s. can these mtns be reached by going from Arizona side are coues and mule deer in the same area

I'm not going to have any specific spots to share with you but will tell you that you can find mule deer anywhere in the unit. In general the coues will stay at higher elevations but the mule deer can be up high or down on the desert floor. The low desert country doesn't have high concentrations of muleys and you may not see many there but if you walk around in the low desert you will see at least a few deer tracks. I doubt you will see many deer on your hunt but I do think the NM G&F does a reasonable job of not giving out too many tags for the unit. Unlike many places in the west there are a few older bucks in this unit. If you put in the work, you do have a chance of finding a 5+ year old buck.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom