GMU 35 - 3rd

Trophy_Taker

My Dad was able to get this tag from the reissue list. We spent several days in September scouting and trying to figure access. The tag includes 36, 361, and 45. I'd imagine the deer pushed out of 45 with the big snow storm. Is 361 worth a look or should we focus on 35 and 36? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. He's 67 so my days of hunting with Dad are sadly nearing the end.

Pray for deep snow to drive them down and kick in the rut! You can find bucks just about anywhere depending upon snow depth. Don't forget that all those units are OTC for elk. Keep in mind there will be orange on just about every hillside and running rampant up and down every 2 track road.

More roads in 35,36. 361 has a lot of private I’ve heard . 3rd season looks like it’s going to be warm so the big bucks could still be high.

I will be hunting close to you and am hoping for some crazy storm to come through. Good luck and be sure to let us know how your hunt goes.

DE851C9F-9316-473D-BDD8-135A16E22B61.jpeg

Also ill check the page, hopefully i can get you pointed on some deer before tomorrow or very least friday

Thanks Boop. We have spent time in 35, 36, and 361. The two mature bucks we've seen were on private property. Most does seem to have a small buck or none at all with them.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom