Gmu 52/521/411 and 79

Bookhead

Very Active Member
Can anyone with knowledge of these areas send me a message im studying these units rite now for 2020. will trade info

I hunted 52/521/411 about 7 years ago with 3 buddies, we hunted above Hotchkiss in a burned area. I killed a 26 inch buck, two other buddies killed a 30 an a 28. Other guy shot a meat buck. Seen quite a few deer in six days.

ozzy49938, hunted that unit quite a few years back. There is a old burn north of Paonia we hunted. Get back in off the road in that burned area, we killed a 28 an a 30 inch buck in it. The area north of the burn was good hunting to. We used 4 wheelers to get back in area.

ozzy49938, hunted that unit quite a few years back. There is a old burn north of Paonia we hunted. Get back in off the road in that burned area, we killed a 28 an a 30 inch buck in it. The area north of the burn was good hunting to. We used 4 wheelers to get back in area.
You will be hard pressed to find those bucks like that now. You basically posted my deer hunting spot for the last 15 years. Also if you hunt that area watch your gps. Lots of private, good luck but don’t expect it to be what has been described.

Why do people get so specific on a general forum? One of the many reasons that social media and internet has had a huge impact on hunting.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom