GMU 66 Deer

Hiker of the Woods

Anyone putting in for and expecting to draw the GMU 66 archery deer tag this year? I'm thinking about burning my 8 NR deer points this year with all the season date changes that started last year.

You are probably smart to burn your pts while there are mature bucks available. I have a feeling that top bucks in Colo are going to take a nose-dive in the next few years. I have a pile of deer pts that I'm ready to burn ASAP as well!

I would expect bucks to be spread out all over 66 and other adjoining units during archery season. They obviously head to lower ground and are a little more concentrated during the rifle seasons once it snows and the rut kicks in. I wish I knew more about 66 that I could share with you.

A few guys that don't have enough pts to draw rifle tags are going to pick up on what's going to happen to the quality and quantity of mature bucks in Colo. My guess is that even archery and muzzy tags may get tougher to draw in 2021?

Most NR drew 66 archery deer tags with 7 points last year so hopefully with 8 points I should be good. Not looking for any locations in 66 as scouting is my favorite part of hunting. Just curious if others from MM will be in the unit come archery season that I might bump into or stop by their camp.

Good luck with whichever hunt you end up putting in for Jims.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom