GMU 81

R

RobC

Anyone have any up to date info on how the elk are fairing in 81? Hunted near LaJara a few years ago and am kinda hoping to get back out this year but have read that the elk numbers are way down in that area. Any other areas one could recommend that has a good number of cows? Will be archery hunting for cows 1st week of September if all works out.

Thanks,

Rob

We have been hunting 81 near LA Jara for the passed 9 years in 1st rifle. Last year was the worst we have ever seen. We hunted the entire season and did not see 1 bull. In fact we saw only 3 cows all season. All of the road closiers that the forest service had put up have been ran over and knocked down by atv's and they have been driving everywhere. The have been alot of local poaching going on and we also found evidence of that also as we found a few carcases left to rot. We chose to not go back anymore and will look for a better spot. It was very sad to see the decline of a decent area. I guess some people just dont care. All the other hunters who we spoke to last year said that it was also the worst they had ever seen. I would not waist my time there any longer

I was in the same area and saw 1-bull and about 10-15 cows. The logging company screwed things up more than anything. There will be no shortage of people at the REdLake Trail head.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom