Goats in 57&58

Buckbrush

Anyone hunt in this country this past season? Its always been on my radar for antelope, Just wondering if the tag increases the last couple years hurt the quality? Any recent reports? THANKS

Hunted 58 this year with my dad. We elected to skip the opening day rush and hunting the very end of September into October. Had the whole place to ourselves and saw tons of goats. As usual we had to wade through hundreds of dinks but dad killed a beautiful 82 incher. Wind and rain was hellacious though. I drew a 57 tag but turned it back because I was already loaded up on tags in September and October. Going to be back next year when I can put the time into it.

Coloradoboy

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-19 AT 08:12PM (MST)[p]Congrats to your Dad! I am in the same boat trying to decide between 57 and 58 or any other unit with max points. If anyone has any advice, PMs are welcome. Spent time in 52/53/51/43/56 this Fall and wasn't overly impressed.

How do you turn a tag back in in Wyoming?

"How do you turn a tag back in in Wyoming?"

I was wondering the same thing?
Having too many tags in other states doesn't sound like it fits under the "reserved for good cause" policy. Did they change something this year?

lol...ooops....he meant to say he fell deathly ill

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I guess it would be relative. But I would say the quality in 57 has slid more than in 58. I have been archery hunting deer in 57 for over a decade. All that time I have been watching for a monster lope having the points to draw. They are there, but I feel there are more in 58. Also the 58 type 2 is getting a good chunk of lopes that were bigger. So yes I feel that 57 has definitely slid. I feel 58 has stayed a little stronger. However in either unit it will be about looking at hundreds of lope a day trying to find the one.

I apologize I worded it wrong by saying ?I turned the tag in? , I did not have the tag in hand and then turn the tag back in. I withdrew my application before the deadline and paid the fee in order to save my points. My draw odds were damn near 100 percent so essentially if I would if stayed put I would of drawn the tag.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll see what happens this winter, I'm dying to get rid of these points. Coloradoboy: 82" goat? Thats Awesome!

Some years 58 is good. Other years it's not. 57 almost always is good! I had 58 in 2015(or '16). Hunted the crap out of it and ended up eating my tag. Had an elk tag in there the year before(2014) and found 4 or 5 booners, but there were none to be found( at least by me!) when I drew the tag a year later. Antelope hunting is like that, it seems. Maybe I was looking right when I should have been looking left! Lol. You will find a target-rich environment in both units; that's for sure! 2 buddies killed 80+ goats this season...one in each unit..

The deadline to withdraw your applications from a Wyoming draw is June 1 of the application year. It looks like Colorado Boy made a post on 6/9 (in a separate thread) about how he was hoping to draw 58 for his dad and 57 for himself. Why would you post that you were hoping to draw a tag 8 days after the deadline to withdraw, if you already withdrew?

Rich

>The deadline to withdraw your applications
>from a Wyoming draw is
>June 1 of the application
>year. It looks like
>Colorado Boy made a post
>on 6/9 (in a separate
>thread) about how he was
>hoping to draw 58 for
>his dad and 57 for
>himself. Why would you
>post that you were hoping
>to draw a tag 8
>days after the deadline to
>withdraw, if you already withdrew?
>
>
>Rich

A lot like the WY landowner tag he was gifted a few years back.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom