Going Sheep Hunting

m1fan

Very Active Member
Drew Zone 3, the Clark/Kingstons. To say I am shocked is an understatement. I usually apply for everything under the sun in multiple states but this year I had to curtail my hunting with my daughter going off to college and son entering the military. So I figured I would stick to the dream sheet that is the California big game hunting experience. Never thought I would pull a sheep tag during my remaining time in CA or anywhere for that matter.

I would like to hear from anyone who has hunted this area so I can start to comprehend what to expect. Is the mandatory DFG sheep hunting orientation class for all the folks statewide that drew?

Hopefully the other hunter who drew this tag is a MM member!

Way Cool m1fan!! Congrats on pulling that tag!

I hope that you can keep us posted of your preparations and hunt.

Joey

I probably didn't ask the question properly given the lack of sleep last night...

Does DFG hold one class in one location for all tag holders at the same time? Good thing I have a bunch of vacation time saved up.

Congratulations on drawing this special tag. Remember to enjoy every part of the experience from receiving your successful notification to the pack off the mountain with YOUR ram horns on your back. Life is about the memories you make along the way.
Good Luck!
www.outfitters4desertbighorn.com

Congrats on the lucky draw! I had that hunt in 2008. Too bad they are once in a lifetime, unless you can afford the auction tags. Sheep fever will bite you and you'll want to go every year! When it hit me how special of an opportunity it is I made the call to Terry Anderson. What a great decision. Had a fanatastic hunt and killed a nice old ram. Am away for father's day and always have problem posting pics but will try if you want to see the country and sheep. The orientation is mandatory and there was only one for all the non Whites hunters as that hunt is months ealier. You will receive your tag after the orientation. They give you lots of good info and it's a fun time, except probably for the outfitters that go thru it every year. nugentfan

nugentfan,
If you have problems with posting pictures send them to my by email and I will post for you...just click on the "double envelope" next to my name here at MM.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Nuge, Kilo, i went surfing the archives and pulled up a Pic of Nugentfans Ram. Nice one NFan!! Someday...

9422nugentfan_sheep.jpg

Joey

Awesome! No matter how yuou decide to hunt it, looking forward to hearing the story and seeing the pictures...

And dude, feel your pain on paying for the college, two for me starting this fall...Glad you drew probabally the most desirable tag that you can do somewhat on the cheap since it is sort of close for you:)

Thanks Joey! I'm in Fallon visiting my dad this weekend, the Father's Day deal. Actually going to a black powder cannon shoot for the rest of the day. Should be a blast literally! Have a great weekend, Gene

Thanks Brian! Am out of town for the weekend but will try to figure the picture thing out when I return and if not I'll gladly take your help, nugentfan

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-11 AT 10:43PM (MST)[p]congrats on the tag, i drew the tag last year and had the time of my life, killed a nice ram on day 9. my wife pam and i did the hunt together, they said last year that they were thinking of having to classes, because quite a number of last year hunters were from northern ca, they were talking of having it at bass pro in manteca, have not heard in the news letter if they have decided or not. my story and pics are on page 3 about half way down, are you going diy or with a guide, let me know if i can be of any help, jon

Mike you do draw some awesome tags, Good Luck any thing you need just ask. Hope you kill a monster.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Tim is my good friends father, Dry creek outfitters is by far #1 for big horn sheep. Good luck and congratulations on your tag.

Have you been scouting yet.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

No, not yet. Been way too busy with work and traveling for my son's basic training graduation. Don't have consecutive days off until the 11th.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom