Going to try So Texas again

Trix4me

Very Active Member
Last year I had to cancel my So Texas Nilgai hunt. It’s on again, headed out a week from today. Hopefully one will be cooperative. May take a javelina too..

Good luck. Will be nice weather down here by then. Nilgai is some great tasting game. Enjoy!

Going to be nice ?

21730824-F0A0-4C49-84A2-298BC8221722.jpeg

030A99DE-C404-451B-B4D3-40D42F2E70C9.jpeg

Wow, Mission, Texas, is my hometown! Also the home of the Grapefruit and legendary Dallas Cowboys football coach, Tom Landry!!! You're a long way from civilization if you're in Mission, at least when I was growing up back in the day... Be sure and eat eat at Anita's Mexican Food Restaurant in Edinburg off of Monte Christo Road. Damn good food and great people!!! Ask for the Paul Special at breakfast. It's also legendary!!! Best of luck chasing' nilgai. They're big and tough and require big medicine!!!

Made it back today, didn’t see a Nilgai. Javelinas Whitetail deer and turkeys. Enjoyed the trip and plan to give it another try. Songdog I saw your post after finishing breakfast not far from Anitas. Next time. I asked about your home town and apparently the Rio Grande Valley has around 2 million people

Sorry you didn't get a nilgai. I think that the freeze a couple of weeks ago really messed them up. Hope you do make it back though.

Trix4me Hope you make it back to south TX some day and get to hunt nilgai again. They are just a lot of fun to hunt. I live just north of Harlingen TX and have been guiding nilgai hunters for 13 years and it is a hunt that hunters just keep coming back every year to do. There eye sight is unreal !!!!! As Tristate said the cold weather did kill some of the older bulls, but there are still good numbers.

Got it done yesterday evening ?. Good thing rain off and on today. Actually saw 5 before this one stayed around long enough to get a shot. It was peeking out from behind some bushes/mesquite trees. I had to shoot straight on. The bullet (300 PRC) entered top of his brisket and wound up in the spine above his front shoulder. Dropped like a rock.

9A121EC2-7595-458D-8654-595EEB3B4C97.jpeg

Those tenderloins sure do grill up really good. Well are you going to come back to south TX and hunt nilgai again? They are a great spring time hunt. Congratulations again on a nice looking bull

We’ll definitely do that again. It’s my grandson’s turn next. I may go after a WT in the fall

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom