Gonna miss the hunting here but........

vichris

......I've seen enough. I'll admit it, NM has some of the best hunting opportunities in the country. I've been pretty darn successful on my hunts over the years and have killed my fair share of Trophy animals. But it just doesn't make up for the quality of life here any more. Its time to move on.

So, what are your 1-2 year plans? Have you given SERIOUS consideration to leaving NM? If not, why not?

I have been a lifelong resident native of NM. Almost all of my elder relatives are dead and buried here in NM. I have really enjoyed the outdoors activities, hunting, fishing, hiking, site seeing, history, & photography here in NM over the past 60+ years. I also had a good career here and have retired comfortably. It hasn't been all bad by any means. But a new chapter has been written in the history of NM, and this is an EVIL chapter. I hate to admit this myself, but NM is a LOST CAUSE. I don't say that lightly. I had planned on living out my life here and passing on and being buried next to my parents. That's not going to happen now, We are moving out of this state in the next couple of months. I'm not going to say exactly where we are going but I'll divulge this, we are moving to the Heartland.

I studied and researched this extensively. Here's a list of places you should consider. I do not recommend many of the SW states mostly because there are huge water issues that do not bode well for these states, as well as political issues in the SW. The 2 SW states I do recommend are TX and UT. I'll also recommend MT, ID, SD, ND, WY, OK, KS, NE, MO, IA, TN, NC, GA, FL, AL, AK, AR, OH, WV, IN, KY, & LA. If you have relatives in any of these states ask them to help you. I would also caution you to stay out of the population centers of any state, of those listed above TN, FL, TX, MO, OK, GA, AR, OH, LA, IN, & KY in particular. There are a good number of rural properties in all of these states. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. We found a good number of properties we really liked and made offers on, during our search. I spent a good part of last summer searching and have relatives in the area that viewed properties for us. It really paid off and we now own a beautiful acreage in the country.

Give some serious consideration to this post. Its come to this, the ONLY vote that counts for us conservatives/Christians in NM, is when you vote with your wallet & your feet. Good luck all.

PS: Did I say I'm going to miss the hunting?

Hey Chris

I’m with you. I bought a property in Florida this week and will start a home build immediately and move by the end of the year. NM is a train wreck and I’ve had enough. The food, weather, hunting, etc here is great but the crime and politics is just too bad and on a downward spiral.

I own a successful small business here and have worked for two decades to make it what it is. I’m walking away from that and will start over knowing it won’t be easy. NM will lose out on my tax money going forward because of their failed policies.

I have three young sons that I don’t want growing up in this NM gangster culture. In their new home it is safe to let them have more freedom and just be kids.

To all the people that say “this is a problem in the entire country.” You are WRONG!! We traveled to 22 states last year to decide where to move. All states have issues (because all people are sinners), but this state is uniquely terrible in many ways. Many states I visited (most on Chris’s list) have a very different life being lived. NM has too many single issues voters to ever change. They will vote for their free stuff no matter what. As MLG and our “representatives” spend their session making things even more backwards, Florida is doing the opposite. I will miss the weather, the chile, the hunting, and many good friends. The peace and safety I will raise my boys in (and the fishing) will more than make up for it.

We believe God has called our family to make a change and we are doing it. I pray that anybody on here that feels the same listens to Him and obeys.

God speed Chris.

Hey Chris

I’m with you. I bought a property in Florida this week and will start a home build immediately and move by the end of the year. NM is a train wreck and I’ve had enough. The food, weather, hunting, etc here is great but the crime and politics is just too bad and on a downward spiral.

I own a successful small business here and have worked for two decades to make it what it is. I’m walking away from that and will start over knowing it won’t be easy. NM will lose out on my tax money going forward because of their failed policies.

I have three young sons that I don’t want growing up in this NM gangster culture. In their new home it is safe to let them have more freedom and just be kids.

To all the people that say “this is a problem in the entire country.” You are WRONG!! We traveled to 22 states last year to decide where to move. All states have issues (because all people are sinners), but this state is uniquely terrible in many ways. Many states I visited (most on Chris’s list) have a very different life being lived. NM has too many single issues voters to ever change. They will vote for their free stuff no matter what. As MLG and our “representatives” spend their session making things even more backwards, Florida is doing the opposite. I will miss the weather, the chile, the hunting, and many good friends. The peace and safety I will raise my boys in (and the fishing) will more than make up for it.

We believe God has called our family to make a change and we are doing it. I pray that anybody on here that feels the same listens to Him and obeys.

God speed Chris.
Can you elaborate more on why you chose florida over NM? What do you specifically hate most about NM? I ask because sadly one day I'll have to leave AK and Florida and NM were both on our list. Until we went to FL a few weeks back and I quickly crossed it off.

Stay and vote/fight for what is right. Everyone wants to leave for another state, but the same crap is happening everywhere. People have been to tolerate for to long and this crap was/is the outcome.

WRONG. The same crap is NOT happening everywhere. unless everywhere is NY, CA, OR, WA, IL, MN, NM, CO,.... and a few other states. You can see the push back in places like MT, WY, ID, OK, FL, AR, and several other states.

Can you elaborate more on why you chose florida over NM? What do you specifically hate most about NM? I ask because sadly one day I'll have to leave AK and Florida and NM were both on our list. Until we went to FL a few weeks back and I quickly crossed it off.

In one word. FREEDOM. Or maybe more specifically freedom vs fear. Anecdotally, here's just one story of many.

I was out in the area we are moving to, late last October. We had just closed on our new home. I spent the day cleaning and organizing around our new home (out in the country) and then headed over to my sisters house because that's where I was staying. It got dark as I was driving and as I turned on to the side street that takes me my relatives street, I was suddenly bombarded with large groups of people walking on the sidewalks on both sides of the street. I slowed way down and tried to get a look at these people. Then It dawned on me that it was Halloween. I turned on to my sister street and there were again large groups of kids and adults out trick or treating. There were several neighbors that had their firepits burning in their drive way and a few that had grills out also cooking up hotdogs and burgers for the trick or treaters. Everyone was out celebrating, having fun, enjoying LIFE. I watched as group after group came to my sisters house to load up on treats. I saw my 14 year old niece having a blast with her friends. And I thought to myself that she was lucky to be growing up where she is. BTW this is just a typical middle class neighborhood, nothing to fancy but nice and for the most part well kept.

I called home (here in ABQ) later and talked to my wife who told me we had ONE kid and his mother come by our house. ONE! My grown son said they had TWO kids.

Now as I watched the kids at my sisters house we laughed at a few of them that would put their half eaten hotdog in their mouth to hold it while they used both hands to hold open their goody bag. I thought to myself, these kids have no fear. And why should they? They are growing up in a place where people are decent, good, dare I say TRUSTWORTHY. No one would think of putting razor blades in kids food. I want to live THERE. And NOT here anymore.

LIK2HNT: please go have a look at other states!! What is happening in NM and other very blue states is not happening everywhere else. Some states have a very different culture where police are respected and wokeness does not dominate.

SS. I should have clarified we are heading to the FL panhandle. It doesn’t have the terrible weather, humidity, bugs, and major metro areas like much of Florida. My brother and sister in law will be coming too and he has a job opportunity in that area (which was a major factor in FL. I really like NW AR)

-NM had some of the absolute worst Covid lockdowns and restrictions. This shut down many businesses and we had comparable or worse health outcomes. I refused to wear a mask and will not mask my kids. I am unwilling to pretend they work. Our “leadership” could bring this back at any time. This also forced out much of our healthcare people. In NM expect to wait all day at urgent care and schedule dr appointments 3-6 months out. In Fl we have walked in and out of urgent care in 30 minutes and scheduled appointments for the same week. I actually drove to 5 different urgent cares in one day this year with signs that said they didn’t have enough staff to see anybody that day! NM has terrible healthcare (and will get much worse if we sign the new law this session against out-patient care).

NM hates our police. I have several friends that are/were in the business. They are trying to make it to retirement without incident and therefore doing the absolute minimum necessary. Our system is against them and for the criminal. One cop I know was offered better pay, signing bonus, and shorter retirement to move to Florida so he did. In NM our police are offered more “race training” and a chance to arrest the same person twice in one day! I stopped and talked to cops in other states where they feel supported and appreciated. Cops in NM feel undervalued and unable to do their jobs.

NM is trying to be the abortion destination state. Florida is working on a law that makes child rape punishable by the death penalty. NM crime is high and our streets in albuquerque are literally covered in crap, trash, and tent camps. NM is working on lgbt school laws that keep parents in the dark, Florida is fighting the woke mob.

The list is endless. Stay far away from NM (except during hunting season!). This state will continue to decline. I sell homes for a living and most of the last few years have sold primarily to people coming from far blue states and cities bringing their failed politics. I have been here almost all of my life but enough is enough.

Feel free to call to discuss.

Cory

Here's an excellent explanation of the REAL problem in NM. Just way to many STUPID people. Ignorance abounds.......

Stay and vote/fight for what is right. Everyone wants to leave for another state, but the same crap is happening everywhere. People have been to tolerate for to long and this crap was/is the outcome.

I second that it's not happening everywhere else. UT is going down this path, all the warning signs are there if you know how to identify them.

coryb and vichris - I'm right there with you. Every legislative session pushes me closer and closer to an exit and this one is probably going to be the back-breaking straw. My wife is a math teacher and HB 7 would make her "go along" with gender reassignment therapy should a student approach her on it. If she doesn't, we could be looking at a $5,000 fine plus legal costs.

NM's political majority right now applauds its destructive behavior. It embraces everything targeted to destroy the traditional family unit. That alone is what is causing the many problems this state faces. The large population centers contain a large following of destructive liberalism that have the attitude "I want mine and I want it now".

I was offered a job in Blackfoot, ID last spring but there was no way we could do it logistically because of the housing market there. I am in process right now of buying/starting a business and people I've talked to for investment purposes fully understand my reasons to not get to entrenched in NM for it. I looked into NC for a remote option to start, but again, logistically it just isn't feasible.

Like you, I will greatly miss the hunting opportunities offered (when you can draw a tag ;) ). Wherever we find ourselves though, it will be an adjustment for sure on outdoors stuff. One of my requirements is a good lake nearby with black bass and crappie fishing.

I will be starting the process of getting our house "sell-ready" in the next few weeks. What eventually falls out from this legislative session will decide how quickly we jump ship...

I second that it's not happening everywhere else. UT is going down this path, all the warning signs are there if you know how to identify them.
I’ve been beating that drum for the last two years. Y’all think I’m being sarcastic…… I’m not. Utah’s neighbors often mention how bad it is in Utah. Guys like SS! and a bunch of other MM members bring it up on a regular bases. Listen carefully to them. DO NOT MOVE HERE.

We all have our reasons for our different opinions on people and places. Regardless of your reasons…… Utah is not where you want to move to.

roadrunner, everything I’ve heard about NC sounds great, hope that works out great for your family. Same for you Coryb, in Florida.

vichris, I’m hope you love your new home. I would ask, in all humility, please remove Utah from list of two States to relocate.

Family first…….. hunting’s down the line for the wise ones.

LIK2HNT: please go have a look at other states!! What is happening in NM and other very blue states is not happening everywhere else. Some states have a very different culture where police are respected and wokeness does not dominate.

SS. I should have clarified we are heading to the FL panhandle. It doesn’t have the terrible weather, humidity, bugs, and major metro areas like much of Florida. My brother and sister in law will be coming too and he has a job opportunity in that area (which was a major factor in FL. I really like NW AR)

-NM had some of the absolute worst Covid lockdowns and restrictions. This shut down many businesses and we had comparable or worse health outcomes. I refused to wear a mask and will not mask my kids. I am unwilling to pretend they work. Our “leadership” could bring this back at any time. This also forced out much of our healthcare people. In NM expect to wait all day at urgent care and schedule dr appointments 3-6 months out. In Fl we have walked in and out of urgent care in 30 minutes and scheduled appointments for the same week. I actually drove to 5 different urgent cares in one day this year with signs that said they didn’t have enough staff to see anybody that day! NM has terrible healthcare (and will get much worse if we sign the new law this session against out-patient care).

NM hates our police. I have several friends that are/were in the business. They are trying to make it to retirement without incident and therefore doing the absolute minimum necessary. Our system is against them and for the criminal. One cop I know was offered better pay, signing bonus, and shorter retirement to move to Florida so he did. In NM our police are offered more “race training” and a chance to arrest the same person twice in one day! I stopped and talked to cops in other states where they feel supported and appreciated. Cops in NM feel undervalued and unable to do their jobs.

NM is trying to be the abortion destination state. Florida is working on a law that makes child rape punishable by the death penalty. NM crime is high and our streets in albuquerque are literally covered in crap, trash, and tent camps. NM is working on lgbt school laws that keep parents in the dark, Florida is fighting the woke mob.

The list is endless. Stay far away from NM (except during hunting season!). This state will continue to decline. I sell homes for a living and most of the last few years have sold primarily to people coming from far blue states and cities bringing their failed politics. I have been here almost all of my life but enough is enough.

Feel free to call to discuss.

Cory
Thanks! Good Luck in Florida! We are planning on checking out the panhandle next time down.

I cant disagree with many of the well thought out posts in this thread, only thing I would add is that there are some good areas of NM in the rural areas. More so in the south. Will the cancer in the population centers spread here? Yes to a point. Its only going to get worse here in NM and probably in all states. Do what's best for you and your family. We have seen our best days in this country.

Glad to hear that some of you guys are able to leave your states and find peace and good ran states across the great land of the free. I live in IL and I am also looking to relocate in a few years. My parents are in their mid 70s and I need to stay and help them for now. I hunt the western states when I draw and WY and MT are my 2 states I would love to relocate to somewhere. We are Christians as well and just cannot take the political corruption that is plaguing our country. The disrespect for authority and greedy politicians is making the Bible line up with the end times on a fast track. A lot of people will sure be begging for forgiveness someday. The Bible says it’ll be too late when that happens. Just puts me in mind of the Ark and how Noah and his family worked hard and listened to God for years. The day the door closed and the rain came a lot of eyes were opened but it was to late.

God Blessings to all.

Shane

Moe,

Of course they were worse then! Christians (like me) in America are free to worship when, where, and how we want with virtually no risk of persecution. Please don’t mistake this thread for us claiming victim status!!

I thank God for the many blessings he provides, including being born in this great, free country. I’m praying for the strength to do his work wherever I am! Politics are important, but nothing compared to knowing and serving the one true God.

I think the politics were a twitch worse for Christians living in 1st century Rome.

Don't confuse politics with persecution. They are two completely different things.

Nobody is saying they are being persecuted. The politics, however, are causing lifestyles to be changed against ones will...

For example, SB 77 would make it a requirement to have an electric car charger installed in a home you are building for yourself whether you want it or not. Is this trivial? Maybe. But it has nothing to do with a standardized building code for safety and everything to do with removing your ability to choose and advancing the personal bias of a group of people.

How many times is someone expected to say "meh" to anything they don't necessarily agree with?

Last edited:
Idaho or Texas for us! We’ve been contemplating this situation in depth since MLG was “ SE-LECTED” For her first term! I’m going to miss the mountains and the hunting but this state is lost politically forever! !
It’s a crying shame too! This state has a bunch to offer! The Santa Fe ring needs to be removed ! Since they can not be voted out and will not be forcefully removed , it’s time to go!
WE CAN NOT LEGISLATE EVIL

Jesus said, "Turn the other cheek". Looking for greener grass is one thing, but it ain't gonna fix this Lost and Dying world we live in. Just saying. I may move to Florida so I can get the heck outta the snow, and fish in my shorts in Feb.

Jesus said, "Turn the other cheek". Looking for greener grass is one thing, but it ain't gonna fix this Lost and Dying world we live in. Just saying. I may move to Florida so I can get the heck outta the snow, and fish in my shorts in Feb.
You’re right ! Nothing will fix this state and others like it!
When our legislature is working as hard as they can to pass bills making it illegal to address students in public school by their god given gender,
a law to make it illegal to inform parents if their children are
“identifying” as something different then their god given identity
CRT in public schools
Curriculum teaching k-2nd grade about sexuality through very detailed illustrations
Taking all guns away with the capability of holding more than nine rounds

It’s time to go. I’m speaking for myself and my family.

This isn’t what Jesus meant by turn the other cheek

Jesus said, "Turn the other cheek".

It doesn't mean to stay in a situation that causes you to have to turn the other cheek all the time, otherwise people would stay in abusive relationships all the time instead of jumping out.

And it doesn't surprise me that Bluehair hit the 'laugh' button on my post above. Typical and predictable - no morals and a complete freakshow...

Capture.PNG

It doesn't mean to stay in a situation that causes you to have to turn the other cheek all the time, otherwise people would stay in abusive relationships all the time instead of jumping out.

And it doesn't surprise me that Bluehair hit the 'laugh' button on my post above. Typical and predictable - no morals and a complete freakshow...

View attachment 104608
He does like to raise AS S hairs!

Ive talked with Buglenm at length about this in many conversations . My family will be moving as well . My daughter is a JR in HS and once she graduates we are leaving also.

I will miss my hunting but this state is about as bad as it comes , Im tired of the politics , the people , and the nonsense . Its a cespol and I wouldnt recomend raising kids here

Ive talked with Buglenm at length about this in many conversations . My family will be moving as well . My daughter is a JR in HS and once she graduates we are leaving also.

I will miss my hunting but this state is about as bad as it comes , Im tired of the politics , the people , and the nonsense . Its a cespol and I wouldnt recomend raising kids here
? on point!

We'll only have one more in HS after May, but that won't keep us from moving forward.

Well cost of living is outrageous. Assuming you are from a rural area like I am. The cost of say a 3500 sq ft house with 3 acres here is bout 260k. The same in idaho is approximately 800k to 1mil. I understand this would be different if you are from the Rio grande corridor. If you aren’t Mormon which I sure as **** ain’t. And if you are of any color as my wife is you are treated very poorly. Also the pay there in comparison to similar jobs is significantly less than here for such a higher cost of living. There is such an influx of people from the states west of idaho ie california, Washington and Oregon it is driving the housing market insanely up. They are buying houses site unseen and offering more than the asking price which is already too high. Not just me talking ****, I lived there for over a year (in a camper because I couldn’t find reasonable housing) I lived it. Definitely idaho is not worth much at all. Hunting is hard up there but fishing is great. schooling is better. Maybe I should have picked a different state idk but the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. There is draw backs to every state I guess it is just pick your evils. That being said and I am a republican and pro second amendment. Don’t let anybody get that confused.

Well cost of living is outrageous. Assuming you are from a rural area like I am. The cost of say a 3500 sq ft house with 3 acres here is bout 260k. The same in idaho is approximately 800k to 1mil. I understand this would be different if you are from the Rio grande corridor. If you aren’t Mormon which I sure as **** ain’t. And if you are of any color as my wife is you are treated very poorly. Also the pay there in comparison to similar jobs is significantly less than here for such a higher cost of living. There is such an influx of people from the states west of idaho ie california, Washington and Oregon it is driving the housing market insanely up. They are buying houses site unseen and offering more than the asking price which is already too high. Not just me talking ****, I lived there for over a year (in a camper because I couldn’t find reasonable housing) I lived it. Definitely idaho is not worth much at all. Hunting is hard up there but fishing is great. schooling is better. Maybe I should have picked a different state idk but the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. There is draw backs to every state I guess it is just pick your evils. That being said and I am a republican and pro second amendment. Don’t let anybody get that confused.

Except ID doesn't force its "religion" on you the way NM does...

That being said stupid political and religion posts are why I left this place many years ago. Can’t say **** because everybody knows more and you are always wrong. Can’t make a post without somebody trying to correct something or try to enforce why you are wrong about something. People want to talk **** about the state and say so many things but when people offer information on any type of media such as this site you are treated the wrong way. Doesn’t matter where you live same thing happens everywhere. But each person is entitled to their own opinion which is a God given right in the USA. And I support that. But everybody always thinks they are right and the other person is wrong. Which is not the way to think. I’m not advocating for **** but people need to listen twice as much as they talk right. On this website people talk 15 times as much as they listen.

That being said stupid political and religion posts are why I left this place many years ago. Can’t say **** because everybody knows more and you are always wrong. Can’t make a post without somebody trying to correct something or try to enforce why you are wrong about something. People want to talk **** about the state and say so many things but when people offer information on any type of media such as this site you are treated the wrong way. Doesn’t matter where you live same thing happens everywhere. But each person is entitled to their own opinion which is a God given right in the USA. And I support that. But everybody always thinks they are right and the other person is wrong. Which is not the way to think. I’m not advocating for **** but people need to listen twice as much as they talk right. On this website people talk 15 times as much as they listen.

Ok you know it all. Have at it

Are you sure it was ID or was it really you? In one post you rail on the area and "Mormons" and in another you say people aren't tolerant.

Which is it? FYI. I lived in northern UT for 3 years, 30 miles from the ID border, so...

I am a very tolerant person. I can get along just fine. Never had issues anywhere. No it isn’t me, it is a mindset of people set in their ways. It is a problem with jobs and pay. You want to talk about religion but leave other parts out. What I posted had a bunch of parts which you ignored. And I don’t give a **** where you lived unless you lived exactly where I lived. And ya I lived in Rigby which is right next to rexburg where all the stupid Mormon ***** are centered. If you have a problem with me talking **** about Mormons **** off cuz I don’t care.

Last edited:
Are you sure it was ID or was it really you? In one post you rail on the area and "Mormons" and in another you say people aren't tolerant.

Which is it? FYI. I lived in northern UT for 3 years, 30 miles from the ID border, so...
And ya I say people aren’t tolerant no matter where you go. And doesn’t matter where you come from or what lifestyle you live or religion you are or what race you are. They were two different posts. Yet I have never had issues in New Mexico where I was born and raised. So u want to say it’s me. No it isn’t. It is a problem with mentalities no matter where you are. Especially if you are an outsider or not the right religion or the right color. Sometimes it gets blown out of proportion. But is an issue everywhere. I’m sure you never experienced this because you are perfect. But other people have. So get over yourself and accept other peoples experiences instead of thinking you know everything.

I agree. It’s hard to run away from the mountains and forest here. You would miss it.
I understand totally ! For many years I hunted Antelope on a purchased land owner tag, had super hunts & a lot of fun. Then the good ole boys & rich asses started restricting the permits & $$$ costs went totally to hell ! So I said to hell with that crap - I quit hunting NM forever ! I felt like I was being hijacked & I won’t stand for it ever. Pirates everywhere. Won’t take that crap !
Very unhappy guy from Colorado ! ????

Don't confuse politics with persecution. They are two completely different things.

Nobody is saying they are being persecuted. The politics, however, are causing lifestyles to be changed against ones will...

For example, SB 77 would make it a requirement to have an electric car charger installed in a home you are building for yourself whether you want it or not. Is this trivial? Maybe. But it has nothing to do with a standardized building code for safety and everything to do with removing your ability to choose and advancing the personal bias of a group of people.

How many times is someone expected to say "meh" to anything they don't necessarily agree with?
And yet you say not to confuse two things in this post but you lumped all things into one assumption from the posts I made. Makes sense.

I understand totally ! For many years I hunted Antelope on a purchased land owner tag, had super hunts & a lot of fun. Then the good ole boys & rich asses started restricting the permits & $$$ costs went totally to hell ! So I said to hell with that crap - I quit hunting NM forever ! I felt like I was being hijacked & I won’t stand for it ever. Pirates everywhere. Won’t take that crap !
Very unhappy guy from Colorado ! ????
I get that. I only hunt in New Mexico right now. So I could get that it would be hard to hunt in other states including New Mexico as non residents especially with the drawing odds and the increase in rates that is coming.

And ya I say people aren’t tolerant no matter where you go. And doesn’t matter where you come from or what lifestyle you live or religion you are or what race you are. They were two different posts. Yet I have never had issues in New Mexico where I was born and raised. So u want to say it’s me. No it isn’t. It is a problem with mentalities no matter where you are. Especially if you are an outsider or not the right religion or the right color. Sometimes it gets blown out of proportion. But is an issue everywhere. I’m sure you never experienced this because you are perfect. But other people have. So get over yourself and accept other peoples experiences instead of thinking you know everything.

So, I don't necessarily share your viewpoint
and that makes me no different than someone who rejects an "outsider" and that somehow makes me perfect?

You do realize you're rejecting people as well, right?

This post says it all:

I am a very tolerant person. I can get along just fine. Never had issues anywhere. No it isn’t me, it is a mindset of people set in their ways. It is a problem with jobs and pay. You want to talk about religion but leave other parts out. What I posted had a bunch of parts which you ignored. And I don’t give a **** where you lived unless you lived exactly where I lived. And ya I lived in Rigby which is right next to rexburg where all the stupid Mormon ***** are centered. If you have a problem with me talking **** about Mormons **** off cuz I don’t care.

Wow is all I can say and I'm sorry you had a bad experience. What you do with it is your choice.

Good luck.

And yet you say not to confuse two things in this post but you lumped all things into one assumption from the posts I made. Makes sense.

Politics and persecution isn't the same as politics and religion. One is where one hates you for the other and the other influences one another.

You're clearly hating on a religion.

So, I don't necessarily share your viewpoint
and that makes me no different than someone who rejects an "outsider" and that somehow makes me perfect?

You do realize you're rejecting people as well, right?

This post says it all:

Wow is all I can say and I'm sorry you had a bad experience. What you do with it is your choice.

Good luck.
Ya and what you do is your choice. Just offering my insight and get somebody that says it’s me

Politics and persecution isn't the same as politics and religion. One is where one hates you for the other and the other influences one another.

No I am clearly hating people that think they are better than one person for whatever reason they choose

And yes I reject people who think they are clearly better than another and also treat people different because of their religion, race, upbringing in, origin or you name it. Because the **** ain’t right no matter where u go

You can continue to complain until you are blue in the face and I won’t care or see what you see. Same as you won’t with me. Funny thing bout social media is you can do what you want. Until you lived my life you have no purpose in telling me my opinions

The Governor has turned Albuquerque into a &@$# hole full of violent, murders, homeless people every where, murders at an all time high, auto theft capital of America, cops turned into wussies and the enemy because they don’t dare do their job fighting against people who would kill them in a heartbeat. If NM keeps going the liberal, woke way it is going they can stick the hunting up there @$$ I’m gone !!

All I gotta say is I said my point. I answered roadrunner’s questions and he didn’t like it. I said what I needed to. Same as any other deal on here. So he can have at it since he knows better than everyone else and doesn’t take anybody else’s opinions in to account. Laters. Oh btw for people that paid attention back in the day my old username was tomvern85.

View attachment 104608
Just because he is not religious doesn’t mean he has no morals. Typical christian judging there. No surprise with you.

All I gotta say is I said my point. I answered roadrunner’s questions and he didn’t like it. I said what I needed to. Same as any other deal on here. So he can have at it since he knows better than everyone else and doesn’t take anybody else’s opinions in to account. Laters.

I fully understand what you've experienced and I cannot say I know what you've experienced. I can say I have experienced something similar, and sometimes on a daily basis by people who are supposed to be your friend and from people you know are supposed to be better than what they profess to be.

I agree, the grass isn't always greener on the other side and that sometimes you should just water the side you're on.

I fully understand what you've experienced and I cannot say I know what you've experienced. I can say I have experienced something similar, and sometimes on a daily basis by people who are supposed to be your friend and from people you know are supposed to be better than what they profess to be.

I agree, the grass isn't always greener on the other side and that sometimes you should just water the side you're on.
Thank you and I appreciate your opinion also. Best of luck with everything you aspire for.

The Governor has turned Albuquerque into a &@$# hole full of violent, murders, homeless people every where, murders at an all time high, auto theft capital of America, cops turned into wussies and the enemy because they don’t dare do their job fighting against people who would kill them in a heartbeat. If NM keeps going the liberal, woke way it is going they can stick the hunting up there @$$ I’m gone !!
Roughcounty you hit the nail on the head my friend!
The state we all love is lost for good!
The “ S-ELECTIONS” will continue and it’ll be New York soon ?

Roughcounty you hit the nail on the head my friend!
The state we all love is lost for good!
The “ S-ELECTIONS” will continue and it’ll be New York soon ?

The past political climate in the state has always had a balance, usually not controlled by just one party and if it was, more of an even balance where a few votes one way or another on legislation kept things in balance

View attachment 104608
Doesn't surprise me that roadrunner hath classified someone a "freakshow" for disagreeing with him......also predictable. How dare he dissent.

Just because he is not religious doesn’t mean he has no morals. Typical christian judging there. No surprise with you.
And yet he’s one of my favorite posters.

I hope he becomes a motivational speaker or maybe a preacher in his new career.

And I don’t believe I’ve ever opined on religion here. Unless of course you think trump is the savior ;)

Regardless, I will continue to enjoy his messages of hope and inspiration.

Last edited:
Ahh, a student of his I see coming to his rescue...

?
Quite sure he didn’t need a rescue. Just wanted to highlight how someone who tries to cling to the moral high ground got caught playing in the mud.
You must’ve really got your delicate feelings hurt to use such a nasty word like “freakshow”. Gotta admit, hadn’t heard that word since junior high…..was usually what the popular 14 year old girls called the goth kids.

Quite sure he didn’t need a rescue. Just wanted to highlight how someone who tries to cling to the moral high ground got caught playing in the mud.
You must’ve really got your delicate feelings hurt to use such a nasty word like “freakshow”. Gotta admit, hadn’t heard that word since junior high…..was usually what the popular 14 year old girls called the goth kids.

But came to the rescue nevertheless.

Better to try and cling to the moral high ground than to not have any morals at all. At least then you have a goal to reach for. Teacher? Yes, no?

Goth kids came way after my time so I really can't relate, but carry on. But I will say, I do remember from Jr High how 14 year old girls used to giggle. I tip my hat to Bluehair on that, he's a pro...

Last edited:
The problem is everyone wants to cry about how bad **** is here but no one gets out to vote. Many republicans didn’t vote In the governor election simply because they didn’t like roncetti. So basically just have wujan the office. We could have at least got her out. Chaves county for one has over 60k residents and mostly republicans but yet only 12k got out and voted. The same can be said to most other counties especially republicans. Everyone you talk to says they vote but the numbers prove otherwise…..

But came to the rescue nevertheless.

Better to try and cling to the moral high ground than to not have any morals at all. At least then you have a goal to reach for. Teacher? Yes, no?

Goth kids came way after my time so I really can't relate, but carry on. But I will say, I do remember from Jr High how 14 year old girls used to giggle. I tip my hat to Bluehair on that, he's a pro...
Says the guy who’s gunna move because the building code requires a plug :ROFLMAO: Wyoming or Afghanistan prolly still has the freedom you’re looking for.:rolleyes:

But hey, you’re old enough to remember the slippery slope arguments we all made when they required indoor plumbing and electrical inspections. And who can forget the GFI riots, so who can blame you :ROFLMAO:

Rather than tuck tail and run, you should fight those dark forces - build a house and challenge the constitutionality of the plug. That’s what a true patriot would do.(y)

The dark forces have clearly whipped you into a petulant frenzy. I love it :)

The problem is everyone wants to cry about how bad **** is here but no one gets out to vote. Many republicans didn’t vote In the governor election simply because they didn’t like roncetti. So basically just have wujan the office. We could have at least got her out. Chaves county for one has over 60k residents and mostly republicans but yet only 12k got out and voted. The same can be said to most other counties especially republicans. Everyone you talk to says they vote but the numbers prove otherwise…..
Man , if you believe that only 12k republicans actually went and voted you have your head in the sand.The numbers are altered plain and simple! We have THE MOST CORRUPT SOS, and governor ! It’s time for EVERYONE to wake up and realize the S-ELECTIONS aren’t swinging left because people aren’t getting out and voting.
I worked the polls and precincts the last two elections, I saw the turn outs with my own eyes.
2020 & 2022 had record numbers at the polls and the voter registrations showed record numbers of republican registration. Not to mention county commission meetings so packed people were standing in the room hallway and parking lots. Republicans are engaging at the local level like never before!

They’re called S-ELECTIONS for a reason. Manipulating outcomes of elections is why we’re in this mess! It’s never going to change here unless these people are removed physically ! Which is never, and you can’t use their rigged system to vote them out!
What can we do except leave?

I want to be clear I’m not trying to argue with you or get your ass hairs up brother . Just share information.
I’ve seen your posts here before and enjoy them.

Last edited:
Man , if you believe that only 12k republicans actually went and voted you have your head in the sand.The numbers are altered plain and simple! We have THE MOST CORRUPT SOS, and governor ! It’s time for EVERYONE to wake up and realize the S-ELECTIONS aren’t swinging left because people aren’t getting out and voting.
I worked the polls and precincts the last two elections, I saw the turn outs with my own eyes.
2020 & 2022 had record numbers at the polls and the other registrations showed record numbers of republican registration. Not to mention county commission meetings so packed people were standing in the room hallway and parking lots. Republicans are engaging at the local level like never before!

They’re called S-ELECTIONS for a reason. Manipulating outcomes of elections is why we’re in this mess! It’s never going to change here unless these people are removed physically ! Which is never, and you can’t use their rigged system to vote them out!
What can we do except leave?

I want to be clear I’m not trying to argue with you or get your ass hairs up brother . Just share information.
I’ve seen your posts here before and enjoy them.
Then where were they at in Chaves county? I never seen any record number of voters. I saw record number of people not voting because they didn’t approve of roncetti lol. So they chose with worse of the 2 evils and then go out and cry about it. You can believe what you want but the people in this part of the state just didn’t vote plain and simple.

Says the guy who’s gunna move because the building code requires a plug :ROFLMAO: Wyoming or Afghanistan prolly still has the freedom you’re looking for.:rolleyes:

But hey, you’re old enough to remember the slippery slope arguments we all made when they required indoor plumbing and electrical inspections. And who can forget the GFI riots, so who can blame you :ROFLMAO:

Rather than tuck tail and run, you should fight those dark forces - build a house and challenge the constitutionality of the plug. That’s what a true patriot would do.(y)

@Bluehair wait till he finds out it’s now a requirement of the IBC and has been adopted by the NEC. Likely whatever state he moves to and if he builds a new house it’s going to be a requirement. ???

Hit the nail on the head!

D1C81731-7C2E-4BD9-B04C-D639FA758C72.jpeg

Then where were they at in Chaves county? I never seen any record number of voters. I saw record number of people not voting because they didn’t approve of roncetti lol. So they chose with worse of the 2 evils and then go out and cry about it. You can believe what you want but the people in this part of the state just didn’t vote plain and simple.
I’ll look at Chaves county, like I said I’m not here to argue. I’m referring to republicans in NM as a whole. I’m not going to blow smoke and tell you something that isn’t true, so let me look into your county specifically.

Too many people put personal feelings for someone into their vote instead of what they will do for us and the state/country. I am a leader of my family and just I. General. A leader has to tell someone what is wrong and right for the greater good of the community, family and masses not what they want to hear. At times it can be one in the same other it may not be. If more people could understand this we could definitely make more changes on a broader spectrum!

However, I absolutely believe true numbers of voting and the actual outcome of that would only be at the approval of manipulation of certain parties. One party tells your your opinion so it appears they are all on the same level but there is no option. The other may not agree but offers freedoms and opportunity but with a practical end goal and result for improvement. One group wants to hand things out and one wants people to work for it. Too many soft unmotivated and complacent people now and catering to that is the best way to get votes unfortunately.

I travel all over for work and it never fails that when I say where I from people go oh man it’s terrible there. You don’t know how it is until you go elsewhere and look from the outside in. Realize, wow! I was recently in SD it was like going back in time 20 years absolutely incredible! I haven’t had to ware a mask in any Hopsital in Texas for months we can’t even go into a clinic here. Despite the numbers being more than tolerable.

The state is not bad it’s a fair amount of people and the pilitical and crime direction which is one in the same as far as I am concerned.

Too many people put personal feelings for someone into their vote instead of what they will do for us and the state/country. I am a leader of my family and just I. General. A leader has to tell someone what is wrong and right for the greater good of the community, family and masses not what they want to hear. At times it can be one in the same other it may not be. If more people could understand this we could definitely make more changes on a broader spectrum!

However, I absolutely believe true numbers of voting and the actual outcome of that would only be at the approval of manipulation of certain parties. One party tells your your opinion so it appears they are all on the same level but there is no option. The other may not agree but offers freedoms and opportunity but with a practical end goal and result for improvement. One group wants to hand things out and one wants people to work for it. Too many soft unmotivated and complacent people now and catering to that is the best way to get votes unfortunately.

I travel all over for work and it never fails that when I say where I from people go oh man it’s terrible there. You don’t know how it is until you go elsewhere and look from the outside in. Realize, wow! I was recently in SD it was like going back in time 20 years absolutely incredible! I haven’t had to ware a mask in any Hopsital in Texas for months we can’t even go into a clinic here. Despite the numbers being more than tolerable.

The state is not bad it’s a fair amount of people and the pilitical and crime direction which is one in the same as far as I am concerned.
South Dakota is my first choice to move to! Kristi Noem has never skipped a beat ! My wife unfortunately doesn’t want to live so far from the family , in my situation I’ll take west Texas or Oklahoma as a solid compromise.
You’re absolutely right though Ocho, I get that same response every free state I visit!

I think you saw it for what it was. Ronchetti got the RINO label and didn't motivate part the the Republican party.

Then of course, the fraud flag got thrown when MLG won the election.....Sorry, I mean the fraud flag was already down, just didn't have to pick it up.

Great system we got going here.....Call fraud when you lose, when you win it's all good.

Last edited:
I’ll look at Chaves county, like I said I’m not here to argue. I’m referring to republicans in NM as a whole. I’m not going to blow smoke and tell you something that isn’t true, so let me look into your county specifically.
I dont disagree that they manipulate the numbers. Chaves county is always red and was red for the last election but still lots of people didn’t get out and vote. Mainly because of who our options were. “ roncetti couldn’t even get the weather right” is probably the most common response. I understand mark wasn’t the greatest choice but he was still a better choice than what’s in there now. Living in Southeast NM we don’t feel the effects of a lot of these screwed up laws and lock downs. Feels like we are a little more west Texas than New Mexico. Maybe that’s a reason people don’t feel so pressured to have to vote.

At this point the establishment will seat those they chose in the roundhouse, elections are pure theater anymore in NM and several other states. The SOS threatened county commissioners who were hesitant to certify fraudulent elections with felony charges if they did not certify. Torrance county held there ground as long as they could but at the end of the day these people have families too.
South east New Mexico is basically west Texas . If I’d stay in NM that would be where I’d move to.
The tyrant up north made a comment a while back I’m not sure if you heard
“ TEXAS CAN HAVE SOUTH EAST NM”
That comment solidifies the notion that your part of the state is standing up for what’s right and will not tolerate being bullied by the governor and her goons.

I dont disagree that they manipulate the numbers. Chaves county is always red and was red for the last election but still lots of people didn’t get out and vote. Mainly because of who our options were. “ roncetti couldn’t even get the weather right” is probably the most common response. I understand mark wasn’t the greatest choice but he was still a better choice than what’s in there now. Living in Southeast NM we don’t feel the effects of a lot of these screwed up laws and lock downs. Feels like we are a little more west Texas than New Mexico. Maybe that’s a reason people don’t feel so pressured to have to vote.

Last edited:
^^^ I'm sure that redrawing the voting district boundaries was purely by accident and had nothing to do with political clout being advantageous to one party.
Right…… I’m sure my friends! I’m glad you can see through the bull ******* brother !
When the committee who certifies the election at the stats level is the SOS and MLG that says it all!

Regardless of the reasons why people want to relocate, and they are varied, it’s a shame folks believe they “need” to, because of culture and/or political conflicts.

I can understand moving for a better economic opportunity or for a different natural environment, but it seems like a national tragedy that people feel the need to leave what they love environmentally or economically because of local or State culture or political ideology. It just doesn’t seem to bod well for our country in the long run.

This current talk about blue and red divorce………

It seems like we we’ve been here before, for very similar reasons. Not like slavery in the same since as it was prior to 1865, but the current conflict between the working class and the elite and non-tax contributing class seem to be as decisive as the issue of slavery was prior to 1860. The Civil War was not just over slavery. The following cut and pasted piece summarizes it quite succinctly for me.

“The Civil War grew out of longstanding tensions and disagreements about American life and politics. For more than 80 years, people in the Northern and Southern states had been debating the issues that ultimately led to war: economic policies and practices, cultural values, the extent and reach of the Federal government, and, most importantly, the role of slavery within American society.

Against the backdrop of these larger issues, individual soldiers had their own reasons for fighting. Their motivations often included a complex mix of personal, social, economic and political values that didn't necessarily match the aims expressed by their respective governments.”

https://www.nps.gov/civilwar/causes.htm.

I want to believe we can resolve these issues without another attempt at divorce………

Regardless of the reasons why people want to relocate, and they are varied, it’s a shame folks believe they “need” to, because of culture and/or political conflicts.

I can understand moving for a better economic opportunity or for a different natural environment, but it seems like a national tragedy that people feel the need to leave what they love environmentally or economically because of local or State culture or political ideology. It just doesn’t seem to bod well for our country in the long run.

It seems like we we’ve been here before, for very similar reasons. Not like slavery in the same since as it was prior to 1865, but the current conflict between the working class and the elite and non-tax contributing class seem to be as decisive as the issue of slavery was prior to 1860. The Civil War was not just over slavery. The following cut and pasted piece summarizes it quite succinctly for me.

“The Civil War grew out of longstanding tensions and disagreements about American life and politics. For more than 80 years, people in the Northern and Southern states had been debating the issues that ultimately led to war: economic policies and practices, cultural values, the extent and reach of the Federal government, and, most importantly, the role of slavery within American society.

Against the backdrop of these larger issues, individual soldiers had their own reasons for fighting. Their motivations often included a complex mix of personal, social, economic and political values that didn't necessarily match the aims expressed by their respective governments.”

I want to believe we can resolve these issues without another attempt at divorce………
Well stated Lumpy.

I hope so as well. HB 7 passed the senate judiciary today 6 - 3. This bill will be devastating to say the least in regard to the traditional role's parents play in the development of their own kiddos. The American Association of Doctors and Scientists issued a statement on the very topic of gender reassignment "therapy" and the negative impacts it will have on any that do it.

Last edited:

I would hope the same thing sir… unfortunately it’s not in the cards. We’ll put either way!
It’s not just NM , there is a max exodus from blue to red states across the country .

I hope so as well. HB 7 passed the senate judiciary today 6 - 3. This bill will be devastating to say the least. The American Association of Doctors and Scientists issued a statement on the very topic of gender reassignment "therapy" and the negative impacts it  will have on any that do it.
You got a link to that statement? Not for or against anything, just hate fake news and nearest I can tell the “American Association of Doctors and Scientists” doesn’t exist. So I’m just curious how they can issue a statement?

I’m not going to entertain that, my eyes are open.
There is so much coming out debunking the stolen election bs (Trumps phone call to Raffensperger appears to be particularly damning). The Dominion lawsuit has highlighted that even the anchors at Fox didn’t believe what they were spewing.
Let’s just continue to watch how this plays out. In the meantime, I’ll try really, really hard to hold on to my sliver of common sense.

If you have children in school you should seriously think about them ! New Mexico is at the bottom of the education list, bottom of the health care list. When I had a truck stolen in ABQ the police didn’t even come out to investigate it. I saw a news show on tv about a year and a half ago where a liberal Cruces politician was telling some reporter that there was no problem on the southern border. That’s like telling the officer, no sir, I haven’t been drinking, then blow a 3.0

You got a link to that statement? Not for or against anything, just hate fake news and nearest I can tell the “American Association of Doctors and Scientists” doesn’t exist. So I’m just curious how they can issue a statement?

See my edited post above. I cannot find the write up source where I read this, so, it has been stricken through. To my own embarrassment, I botched the organization that issued the statement, that's what I get from going off memory. It was some variation of it though. Wish I could find the news article...

:oops:

I also could not locate the esteemed AADS with a quick Google search.

Edit: Apologies Roadrunner I hadn’t seen your correction before posting.

See my edited post above. I cannot find the write up source where I read this, so, it has been stricken through. To my own embarrassment, I botched the organization that issued the statement, that's what I get from going off memory. It was some variation of it though. Wish I could find the news article...

:oops:
????????

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom