Gonna miss the hunting here but........

Hit a little close to home Iowan?
Yes. Feel free to call me any names you feel are necessary to express your superiority. Rather me than some insecure child that could take their life. Someone mentioned that there are worse things than suicide - not sure parents of children that have committed suicide would agree with that one. - I cannot imagine anything worse.

Give me your best shot - faggot, defect, freak, queer, etc.

I will never understand that hate, but I will push back against it.

Hitler did not start by attacking Jews, he first went after the mentally ill, followed by Romas, Jehovah Witnesses, and the LQTBQ+ community - no one stood up to him which cleared the way to the holocaust. Maybe if the sheep had not allowed the earlier slaughters the later could have been prevented. Hitler also authorized medical experiments to 'fix' gender identity issues.

WRONG. The same crap is NOT happening everywhere. unless everywhere is NY, CA, OR, WA, IL, MN, NM, CO,.... and a few other states. You can see the push back in places like MT, WY, ID, OK, FL, AR, and several other states.
Be careful what you wish for man. MT is a nightmare with a conservative Republican governor trying to privatize our hunting and sell off our public land to the highest bidders.

Yes. Feel free to call me any names you feel are necessary to express your superiority. Rather me than some insecure child that could take their life. Someone mentioned that there are worse things than suicide - not sure parents of children that have committed suicide would agree with that one. - I cannot imagine anything worse.

Give me your best shot - faggot, defect, freak, queer, etc.

I will never understand that hate, but I will push back against it.

Hitler did not start by attacking Jews, he first went after the mentally ill, followed by Romas, Jehovah Witnesses, and the LQTBQ+ community - no one stood up to him which cleared the way to the holocaust. Maybe if the sheep had not allowed the earlier slaughters the later could have been prevented. Hitler also authorized medical experiments to 'fix' gender identity issues.
Are you a professional victim??? Nobody said anything even close to that to you? Standard misdirection to gain sympathy.

WRONG. The same crap is NOT happening everywhere. unless everywhere is NY, CA, OR, WA, IL, MN, NM, CO,.... and a few other states. You can see the push back in places like MT, WY, ID, OK, FL, AR, and several other states.
Yuuuup. I had to live in liberal Illinois for 13 years due to my job. But when I was given a leash by my company in 2019 I bailed immediately to neighboring conservative Indiana. Home prices had been so high in the collar counties I just rented and saved to pay cash for my IN home. Helluva system when that makes the most financial sense, due to ridiculous property taxes alone. I have friends that pay $8k, 10k, 12k, 15k, $18 & $20k/year in taxes on their homes. In IN we pay $1,200, and even that is capped by state law. Last year we got a check for $600 due to state budget surplus. There are no homeless encampments nor even one tent in our rural town. No politician bloated state employee pensions here like in IL.

When it came time to buy, I researched my 5 state work area and found Eastern Iowa & North central Indiana had the lowest cost of livings relative to income in the US. That was my parameter for landing spots. It's been 4 years now with no regrets. One of the few negatives here is the public land deer hunting sucks. However, I was lucky enough to buy the last LL sold by IL back in August 2006. So I get IL resident hunting privileges for life. Huge savings. Lol.

Yuuuup. I had to live in liberal Illinois for 13 years due to my job. But when I was given a leash by my company in 2019 I bailed immediately to neighboring conservative Indiana. Home prices had been so high in the collar counties I just rented and saved to pay cash for my IN home. Helluva system when that makes the most financial sense, due to ridiculous property taxes alone. I have friends that pay $8k, 10k, 12k, 15k, $18 & $20k/year in taxes on their homes. In IN we pay $1,200, and even that is capped by state law. Last year we got a check for $600 due to state budget surplus. There are no homeless encampments nor even one tent in our rural town. No politician bloated state employee pensions here like in IL.

When it came time to buy, I researched my 5 state work area and found Eastern Iowa & North central Indiana had the lowest cost of livings relative to income in the US. That was my parameter for landing spots. It's been 4 years now with no regrets. One of the few negatives here is the public land deer hunting sucks. However, I was lucky enough to buy the last LL sold by IL back in August 2006. So I get IL resident hunting privileges for life. Huge savings. Lol.

My sister-in-law lives in Iowa and talks about how it would be tough to leave because of the low cost of living.

Yeah, but there's a lot of problems with living in Iowa, the first one being, you have to live in Iowa.

How's the elk hunting there?
Lol it’s only got the best public land whitetail hunting in the world, by far. That’s not even debatable. And residents get two buck tags. The rural towns are especially quaint & clean. Iowa City area is as nice as any city in the US. I worked & hunted the entire state for decades, and it was tops on my list but chose NW Indiana due to grandkids.

Lol it’s only got the best public land whitetail hunting in the world, by far. That’s not even debatable. And residents get two buck tags. The rural towns are especially quaint & clean. Iowa City area is as nice as any city in the US. I worked & hunted the entire state for decades, and it was tops on my list but chose NW Indiana due to grandkids.
Good for you...I enjoy hunting whitetails, shot piles of them in MT and WY but don't like it enough to leave the mountains and live in Iowa. Plus I prefer to hunt whitetails in the coniferous forests in Montana. Not that there's anything wrong with shooting them in cornfields, small woodlots, etc. I like huge expanses of public land and the ability to hike different country day after day from daylight to dark. Watching the same patch of corn field or woodlot day after day is like watching paint dry for me. Fun for a few days, but I'd not like that to be my primary hunting for the year.

BTW, how was that elk hunting there again? How about sheep and pronghorn? Lots of opportunity for those? Mule deer?

Really...LOL!

Oh, and you know how much I pay in State Income Taxes that you seem to worry about non-stop?

That would be ZERO.

Good for you...I enjoy hunting whitetails, shot piles of them in MT and WY but don't like it enough to leave the mountains and live in Iowa. Plus I prefer to hunt whitetails in the coniferous forests in Montana. Not that there's anything wrong with shooting them in cornfields, small woodlots, etc. I like huge expanses of public land and the ability to hike different country day after day from daylight to dark. Watching the same patch of corn field or woodlot day after day is like watching paint dry for me. Fun for a few days, but I'd not like that to be my primary hunting for the year.

BTW, how was that elk hunting there again? How about sheep and pronghorn? Lots of opportunity for those? Mule deer?

Really...LOL!

Oh, and you know how much I pay in State Income Taxes that you seem to worry about non-stop?

That would be ZERO.
There are several Western states I like and could move to. Just don’t have any reason to. I have a semi-retirement 70% work from home job covering five Midwest states. Get all my scouting, hunting & fishing trip travel expenses reimbursed due to that. Take my data entry with me when I hunt out West, so I can hunt 6 weeks+ if I want. Met my boss in Denver three times in 16 years. And I probably have more family out West than you do ?. Heck I sort of do live in Colorado part time now with my son or niece while driving to & from my Western hunts. My WY elk hunt this year will be only 2 hours from my son’s house. I include many late season AZ/NM hunts on my apps because if I draw any of those I’d just fly into Denver, use their homes for a pit stop, get a rental truck, hunt, then vacation in AZ for a winter break. I know I’m lucky due to my job and huge time flexibility. But I’ll stay here for now to be with the grandkids and reside in arguably the most conservative drama-free state in the country. Sad watching CO slide down the liberal way. Not sure about New Mexico but have my suspicions based on some posts I’ve read and their mega-outfitter welfare program.

Actually I never even mentioned state income taxes. I said property taxes. But to that you can add real estate prices. As mentioned, I live in the lowest cost of living area in the US. Given all my relatives out West, I kinda feel like I got the best of both worlds, for me personally. Nothing against the folks out there.

Last edited:
There are several Western states I like and could move to. Just don’t have any reason to. I have a semi-retirement 70% work from home job covering five Midwest states. Get all my scouting, hunting & fishing trip travel expenses reimbursed due to that. Take my data entry with me when I hunt out West, so I can hunt 6 weeks+ if I want. Met my boss in Denver three times in 16 years. And I probably have more family out West than you do ?. Heck I sort of do live in Colorado part time now with my son or niece while driving to & from my Western hunts. My WY elk hunt this year will be only 2 hours from my son’s house. I include many late season AZ/NM hunts on my apps because if I draw any of those I’d just fly into Denver, use their homes for a pit stop, get a rental truck, hunt, then vacation in AZ for a winter break. I know I’m lucky due to my job and huge time flexibility. But I’ll stay here for now to be with the grandkids and reside in arguably the most conservative drama-free state in the country. Sad watching CO slide down the liberal way. Not sure about New Mexico but have my suspicions based on some posts I’ve read and their mega-outfitter welfare program.

Actually I never even mentioned state income taxes. I said property taxes. But to that you can add real estate prices. As mentioned, I live in the lowest cost of living area in the US. Given all my relatives out West, I kinda feel like I got the best of both worlds, for me personally. Nothing against the folks out there.
I hear you on the remote work deal, I've not had an office in 20+ years other than my office in the house. Spend 100+ days a year in the woods as well. My work locations are at least 3 miles from where I last worked. Have minimum 6-8 weeks vacation without tapping into 240 hours max carryover. My family and friends all live in the west for the most part.

Pretty similar situations, I just have cheaper tags, less travel, and better scenery...oh, and 3 elk tags a year, pronghorn, both mule deer and wtails, black bear, wolf, and lion. All together probably cost less than a NR Iowa deer tag.

Yeah, but there's a lot of problems with living in Iowa, the first one being, you have to live in Iowa.

No elk in Iowa………. that’s a deliberately unspoken benefit…. right!

Elk are best enjoyed in a Zoo pasture!

Imagine that……. no elk and the best public land whitetail hunting?

See what I mean about best kept secrets…….. that should be kept secrets.

Some folks just can’t hep they selves!

Question: Have you ever hunted deer in Iowa.

Answer: No, but I’m going to.

I hear you on the remote work deal, I've not had an office in 20+ years other than my office in the house. Spend 100+ days a year in the woods as well. My work locations are at least 3 miles from where I last worked. Have minimum 6-8 weeks vacation without tapping into 240 hours max carryover. My family and friends all live in the west for the most part.

Pretty similar situations, I just have cheaper tags, less travel, and better scenery...oh, and 3 elk tags a year, pronghorn, both mule deer and wtails, black bear, wolf, and lion. All together probably cost less than a NR Iowa deer tag.
It’s just a personal choice and different for everyone. I don’t hunt bear, wolf or lion. Don’t really care for mule deer nor pronghorn meat. Just prefer elk & wt, but with us being empty nesters, only want one deer or elk/year. Even in my current setup I could draw 5 trophy caliber hunts this year, but don’t want to. Just want one tag, chose WY elk. Next year will burn Utah points for Pauns deer. So for me hunting is no where near that big a priority. I have all I need as it is. I do like a turkey or two, and a pile of spring run walleye fillets. But I live 15 minutes from the best turkey property in the Midwest, and 2 hour drive to the Maumee River walleye capitol, where I make several trips/year when conditions are prime. So for what I enjoy, my setup works well. While enjoying a stronghold conservative Republican government. ?

Last edited:
Imagine that……. no elk and the best public land whitetail hunting?

See what I mean about best kept secrets…….. that should be kept secrets.

Some folks just can’t hep they selves!

Question: Have you ever hunted deer in Iowa.

Answer: No, but I’m going to.
As if it’s some time honored secret? There’s only 10k YouTube videos alone floating around about it. I respect their ultra conservative old school clout so much, I am a member of the Iowa Bowhunter’s Assoc, despite I don’t live there. You too are welcome to hunt Iowa after you are done waiting in line for 7 years. ?

Last edited:
As if it’s some time honored secret? There’s only 10k YouTube videos alone floating around about it. I respect their ultra conservative old school clout so much, I am a member of the Iowa Bowhunter’s Assoc, despite I don’t live there. You are welcome to hunt there after you are done waiting in line for 7 years. ?
Easy, there….. Great One. Nobody believes you annyway and they dang sure better not believe me.

Easy, there….. Great One. Nobody believes you annyway and they dang sure better not believe me.
I think Garth has a few more followers than me. Including Iowa for at least a decade.

CD935C55-2043-48D1-9FF4-4172FAA9225A.jpeg

Last edited:
Someone mentioned that there are worse things than suicide - not sure parents of children that have committed suicide would agree with that one. - I cannot imagine anything worse.

I'm the one who mentioned something worse than suicide.

Did you read the link and watch the videos I provided you in that link? DID YOU? Please open the link and read the information provided and watch the videos. THEN get back to me. You might be able to "imagine something worse" than suicide after seeing what's on the link

It's about the most famous "Trans" person on the planet. Jazz Jennings. I don't think I have more sympathy for ANYONE, than Jazz Jennings. This kids mother has made a circus of this poor kids life. This kids mother has sold his life to be exposed and displayed by the TLC TV network.

This kids mother is a MONSTER. She thinks she's "Kind" and well intentioned. But she has exploited Jazz's life for the $$.

Pay attention to the part where Jazz has to "dialate" his poorly manufactured "lady" parts for two hours a day or the wound will close up and kill him.

This is truly heart-wrenching,........

Last edited:

Dude.......... SHHHHHHHHHHHH...............

The Elk hunting in Iowa is TERRIBLE. Almost as bad in Nebraska.

But it's sure is fantastic here in NM. Colorado has great elk hunting also.

I'm the one who mentioned something worse than suicide.

Did you read the link and watch the videos I provided you in that link? DID YOU? Please open the link and read the information provided and watch the videos. THEN get back to me. You might be able to "imagine something worse" than suicide after seeing what's on the link

It's about the most famous "Trans" person on the planet. Jazz Jennings. I don't think I have more sympathy for ANYONE, than Jazz Jennings. This kids mother has made a circus of this poor kids life. This kids mother has sold his life to be exposed and displayed by the TLC TV network.

This kids mother is a MONSTER. She thinks she's "Kind" and well intentioned. But she has exploited Jazz's life for the $$.

Pay attention to the part where Jazz has to "dialate" his poorly manufactured "lady" parts for two hours a day or the wound will close up and kill him.

This is truly heart-wrenching,........

Really pathetic situation. So glad to live in a bright red state. Just hope this baby killing holdup gets by the state Supreme Court. My dentist’s son is the attorney general and he has done all he can so far.

Hadn’t paid much attention to swing states in recent years but I can now see the OP’s pain. Can say I was definitely not impressed by the fruit loops I met in Colorado last year. But all 8 family members I got there are in Fort Collins. Seen a lot in Taos area of NM. Probably solid blue town. But the Midwest isn’t the only red landing spot. I was pretty impressed by the folks I met in Wyoming on recent hunts. I can tolerate some of it, but when they ask me to pay for it, like in Illinois, seeeeeya!

E83BD5EE-F931-4833-B7A3-03A97B7B731F.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s just a personal choice and different for everyone.

Just want one tag, chose WY elk.

So for me hunting is no where near that big a priority. I have all I need as it is. I do like a turkey or two, and a pile of spring run walleye fillets. So for what I enjoy, my setup works well. While enjoying a stronghold conservative Republican government. ?

This is really what it all boils down to. Priorities.

Like I said from the start I'm going to miss the hunting. But there's far more to life than hunting.

And especially since I've killed a pile of bull elk, a bear or two, a few Oryx, and a Barbary sheep. As I look back on it, I've had a rich and satisfying hunting career. Probably one that most or at least some, would envy.

I want to live in a culture/community where goodness, decency, and trust are the order of the day. There was a time here in New Mexico when these virtues were at least somewhat common place. Not anymore. The Democrats/leftist have seen to that

This is really what it all boils down to. Priorities.

Like I said from the start I'm going to miss the hunting. But there's far more to life than hunting.

And especially since I've killed a pile of bull elk, a bear or two, a few Oryx, and a Barbary sheep. As I look back on it, I've had a rich and satisfying hunting career. Probably one that most or at least some, would envy.

I want to live in a culture/community where goodness, decency, and trust are the order of the day. There was a time here in New Mexico when these virtues were at least somewhat common place. Not anymore. The Democrats/leftist have seen to that
It’s not like you can’t drive back West each fall for a hunt anyway. I’ve been doing that for 26 years just fine. A guy can only hunt a month or two out of the whole year anyway. I typically devote a month to elk hunting, then 6 weeks local whitetail. All I need.

I’m in Florida today for meetings to get my home build started. Took my three sons to the park last night and let them run barefooted for hours. No concern of them stepping on needles or piles of crap left by homeless. It’s a different world (and going to be 75 all week).

I live rural in NM and moving into the busyness seems overwhelming, not all of the changes will be for the better. Life change is difficult but I’m very excited to raise these boys somewhere that lacks gangsters and crazies that are so prevalent in Abq.

God speed Vichris.

I’m in Florida today for meetings to get my home build started. Took my three sons to the park last night and let them run barefooted for hours. No concern of them stepping on needles or piles of crap left by homeless. It’s a different world (and going to be 75 all week).

I live rural in NM and moving into the busyness seems overwhelming, not all of the changes will be for the better. Life change is difficult but I’m very excited to raise these boys somewhere that lacks gangsters and crazies that are so prevalent in Abq.

God speed Vichris.
Thank you Cory and God speed to you also.

We are going in the exact opposite direction. We are moving from city living to rural country living. I've got an acreage, with a wooded lot & a small private lake that's a three minute walk from my back door. Deer, turkey, quail, waterfowl and pheasants abound. One neighbor but several others not to far away. Our ATV will be our main transportation in the immediate area. Thank you Lord.

Last edited:
Thank you Cory and God speed to you also.

We are going in the exact opposite direction. We are moving from city living to rural country living. I've got an acreage, with a wooded lot & a small private lake that's a three minute walk from my back door. Deer, turkey, quail, waterfowl and pheasants abound. One neighbor but several others not to far away. Our ATV will be our main transportation in the immediate area. Thank you Lord.

I can honestly say that I'm "jealous"!

Swing back by on this state forum once you get settled and give us an update!

......I've seen enough. I'll admit it, NM has some of the best hunting opportunities in the country. I've been pretty darn successful on my hunts over the years and have killed my fair share of Trophy animals. But it just doesn't make up for the quality of life here any more. Its time to move on.

So, what are your 1-2 year plans? Have you given SERIOUS consideration to leaving NM? If not, why not?

I have been a lifelong resident native of NM. Almost all of my elder relatives are dead and buried here in NM. I have really enjoyed the outdoors activities, hunting, fishing, hiking, site seeing, history, & photography here in NM over the past 60+ years. I also had a good career here and have retired comfortably. It hasn't been all bad by any means. But a new chapter has been written in the history of NM, and this is an EVIL chapter. I hate to admit this myself, but NM is a LOST CAUSE. I don't say that lightly. I had planned on living out my life here and passing on and being buried next to my parents. That's not going to happen now, We are moving out of this state in the next couple of months. I'm not going to say exactly where we are going but I'll divulge this, we are moving to the Heartland.

I studied and researched this extensively. Here's a list of places you should consider. I do not recommend many of the SW states mostly because there are huge water issues that do not bode well for these states, as well as political issues in the SW. The 2 SW states I do recommend are TX and UT. I'll also recommend MT, ID, SD, ND, WY, OK, KS, NE, MO, IA, TN, NC, GA, FL, AL, AK, AR, OH, WV, IN, KY, & LA. If you have relatives in any of these states ask them to help you. I would also caution you to stay out of the population centers of any state, of those listed above TN, FL, TX, MO, OK, GA, AR, OH, LA, IN, & KY in particular. There are a good number of rural properties in all of these states. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. We found a good number of properties we really liked and made offers on, during our search. I spent a good part of last summer searching and have relatives in the area that viewed properties for us. It really paid off and we now own a beautiful acreage in the country.

Give some serious consideration to this post. Its come to this, the ONLY vote that counts for us conservatives/Christians in NM, is when you vote with your wallet & your feet. Good luck all.

PS: Did I say I'm going to miss the hunting?
You aren’t the only one for sure. New Mexico just keeps getting worse. The politics and crime are outrageous. Might as well be “Mexico”. I think I’ll draw the line when the hunting goes down hill with everything else. As for now I’m working every day with the intent to move north to a better state. I’m thinking Utah, Montana, Idaho.

You aren’t the only one for sure. New Mexico just keeps getting worse. The politics and crime are outrageous. Might as well be “Mexico”. I think I’ll draw the line when the hunting goes down hill with everything else. As for now I’m working every day with the intent to move north to a better state. I’m thinking Utah, Montana, Idaho.
I would suggest Idaho or Montana. Utah….. probably….. not so much Utah

I only share the actual things that folks who know what it’s like here.

This one showed up last night. Apparent the Utah Legislature had known about it before some of us did.

Hopefully all you residents are gone by next year, I want to improve my draw odds! LOL

Yeah, good luck with that...

The ID housing market is double what it is in NM. For a $240k house in NM you pay close to $500k in ID.

We'd be there right now if it weren't for that.

Yeah, good luck with that...

The ID housing market is double what it is in NM. For a $240k house in NM you pay close to $500k in ID.

We'd be there right now if it weren't for that.
Thats the exact same mentality of all the people from back east and west coast. Retire in NM where it’s affordable. They don’t leave that liberal mentality behind though. NM is the next California.

Hopefully all you residents are gone by next year, I want to improve my draw odds! LOL

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

If you're a non Resident It's not going to help you at all.

I'm so done with this sh!thole neither me or my wife put in for any hunts so I guess that will increase residents odds, THIS YEAR. Have at it,......If you can get drawn. I'll be buying OTC tags from here on.

And believe me, I'm saying my own "Well Bye's"........... NM is my home state but you can have it.

I would much rather live in a rural area in a blue state than a urban area in a red state.
Living in a urban area you will have all the same day to day problems that leftist policies create. You will only get to sit there and watch it get worse. Last I checked parents on a whole are not doing a better job of raising their children. They still allow TV, cell phones, corrupted government schools, pop culture raise their kids. Its only going to get worse.

I would much rather live in a rural area in a blue state than a urban area in a red state.

Who says I'm gonna live in an urban area? And I said that from the very start. Quote,..... "I would also caution you to stay out of the population centers of any state", REMEMBER? I'll also point out that a population center like Casper WY is far cry from say Santa Fe NM. I could give you many more examples.

BTW we had the opportunity to move to a rural area of NM and decided against it. I owned a beautiful high mountain cabin in a very rural area of NM. We still had to deal with the Covid stupidity every time we went to the local rural community for gas, groceries, etc. There is far to much blue overreach in NM already.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Who says I'm gonna live in an urban area? And I said that from the very start. Quote,..... "I would also caution you to stay out of the population centers of any state", REMEMBER? I'll also point out that a population center like Casper WY is far cry from say Santa Fe NM. I could give you many more examples.

BTW we had the opportunity to move to a rural area of NM and decided against it. I owned a beautiful high mountain cabin in a very rural area of NM. We still had to deal with the Covid stupidity every time we went to the local rural community for gas, groceries, etc. There is far to much blue overreach in NM already.

I believe he was simply making a statement, not disagreeing.

Living in a urban area you will have all the same day to day problems that leftist policies create. You will only get to sit there and watch it get worse. Last I checked parents on a whole are not doing a better job of raising their children. They still allow TV, cell phones, corrupted government schools, pop culture raise their kids. Its only going to get worse.

Except that blue laws stretch all the way into rural areas as well.

Just wait and see what happens when a 14 yr old boy decides it's time to use the girls locker room in gym class in a rural high school of 241 kids grades 9 - 12. HB 7, now "law", allows that...

Living in an urban area you will have all the same day to day problems that leftist policies create. You will only get to sit there and watch it get worse. Last I checked parents on a whole are not doing a better job of raising their children. They still allow TV, cell phones, corrupted government schools, pop culture raise their kids. It’s only going to get worse.
I understand the logic Paul, but the rules are made by the cities’ citizens and those rules still apply to the county folk, regardless if it’s red or blue. It’s not just the rules, but as you stated, it’s the culture that bleeds out into the rural area as well. The less the Red culture bleeds out, the longer it takes to influence the blue culture and vise versa.

The 1920s in America weren’t called the Roaring Twenties because people were leaning to the right….. politically. Then came the 30s, which brought panic and poverty followed by more panic and two great wars, one in Europe the other in Asia, wherein the whole world was on fire.

I guess you could say, it was a political/cultural reset.

While you’re right, what we’re currently facing is “only going to get worse”, relocating “can” increase your chances of living a “happier life” where your saddle fits a different culture better.

Don’t forget, please, there is a line of hope, written into our Declaration of Independence that mentions the “pursuit of happiness”.

Thankfully, in America we can choose to stay or choose to pursuit something different.

There is no guarantee these gentleman that choose to pursue a different location, with a different culture, will success in finding happiness or how long it will last but, more power to them, if that what they choose. 47 years ago, I made the choose to leave Canada. I moved once, and it worked for me. I’m much happier in America than I was in Canada and every day that it’s get worse here, it still getting worse in Canada.

Relocating doesn’t work for everyone, especially if you haul the problems you have, with your current culture, to a new culture, but if, when you relocate, you take off your mukluks and put on their cowboy boots…… and leave them on, you might find what your looking for.

I dont disagree with any of that. Im not saying a truly rural area in a blue state is the same as a red state if everything else remains equal. NM does have some things going for it some places dont have. certainly not trying to talk you into it. Sounds like you did the right thing for you. Certainly not trying to argue

Except that blue laws stretch all the way into rural areas as well.

Just wait and see what happens when a 14 yr old boy decides it's time to use the girls locker room in gym class in a rural high school of 241 kids grades 9 - 12. HB 7, now "law", allows that...
At this point if I had kids that were of school age there is no way they would go to government schools. Any smart parents at this point would make any sacrifice necessary to not send their kids to government school.

We are nation in decline and have been for the last 2 generations. Secularism, crushing debt, aging population, lost faith in our institutions, too many useless wars, printing of currency I could go on. We are heading towards a Chinese like 1 party authoritarian government. I can see it coming. With unrestricted mail in voting, corruption of media, and government agencies Republicans will not win another Presidential election in my lifetime. Eventually the Supreme Court will be in the Left's hands ...game over. Will NOT matter who the candidate is. Hope I am wrong but I think not.

At this point if I had kids that were of school age there is no way they would go to government schools. Any smart parents at this point would make any sacrifice necessary to not send their kids to government school.

...a government school in a liberal blue state.

WY, ID, and SD to name a few won't have a HB 7 anytime soon.

We are nation in decline and have been for the last 2 generations. Secularism, crushing debt, aging population, lost faith in our institutions, too many useless wars, printing of currency I could go on. We are heading towards a Chinese like 1 party authoritarian government. I can see it coming. With unrestricted mail in voting, corruption of media, and government agencies Republicans will not win another Presidential election in my lifetime. Eventually the Supreme Court will be in the Left's hands ...game over. Will NOT matter who the candidate is. Hope I am wrong but I think not.
You nailed it. Its gonna get a lot worse before it ever gets better and that isn't happening in our lifetimes.

Pablo! Well versed my friend! I have to pay for my daughter to go to school in a school that teaches TRUTH!
I’m not complaining so don’t let this come across as a gripe ! I’d rather sacrifice my free time to make sure her tuition is paid and she is learning truth and values! Not to mention the school is locked down like a fortress! It’s a sacrifice that I’m more than willing to make! The day I can’t afford it , she’s in home school!
I’d like to add truth and values start at home, this school is Aligned with our belief system ?

I understand the logic Paul, but the rules are made by the cities’ citizens and those rules still apply to the county folk, regardless if it’s red or blue. It’s not just the rules, but as you stated, it’s the culture that bleeds out into the rural area as well. The less the Red culture bleeds out, the longer it takes to influence the blue culture and vise versa.

The 1920s in America weren’t called the Roaring Twenties because people were leaning to the right….. politically. Then came the 30s, which brought panic and poverty followed by more panic and two great wars, one in Europe the other in Asia, wherein the whole world was on fire.

I guess you could say, it was a political/cultural reset.

While you’re right, what we’re currently facing is “only going to get worse”, relocating “can” increase your chances of living a “happier life” where your saddle fits a different culture better.

Don’t forget, please, there is a line of hope, written into our Declaration of Independence that mentions the “pursuit of happiness”.

Thankfully, in America we can choose to stay or choose to pursuit something different.

There is no guarantee these gentleman that choose to pursue a different location, with a different culture, will success in finding happiness or how long it will last but, more power to them, if that what they choose. 47 years ago, I made the choose to leave Canada. I moved once, and it worked for me. I’m much happier in America than I was in Canada and every day that it’s get worse here, it still getting worse in Canada.

Relocating doesn’t work for everyone, especially if you haul the problems you have, with your current culture, to a new culture, but if, when you relocate, you take off your mukluks and put on their cowboy boots…… and leave them on, you might find what your looking for.

Damn Lumpy,..... Thank you. What a profound and thoughtful post. I sincerely mean that.

I got nothing to add.

That's their goal, but hardly what the endgame will be.

Pablo! Well versed my friend! I have to pay for my daughter to go to school in a school that teaches TRUTH!
I’m not complaining so don’t let this come across as a gripe ! I’d rather sacrifice my free time to make sure her tuition is paid and she is learning truth and values! Not to mention the school is locked down like a fortress! It’s a sacrifice that I’m more than willing to make! The day I can’t afford it , she’s in home school!
I’d like to add truth and values start at home, this school is Aligned with our belief system ?
worth every penny

I'm an old man now but I put 5 kids through private schools in the 1980's and 90's. No complaints but that was at a time when I didn't really have the $$. We made it work and my kids have all done well. AND they all have their heads screwed on RIGHT. Fast forward to today and states like IA AZ, UT, and a few others are passing school choice laws. You can send your kids to private Christian schools and the state pays for it with NO interference. There a re a good number of states moving in the RIGHT direction.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...wa-becoming-the-florida-of-the-north-n1680223

it’s in montana. there’s rainbow hairs running around and kids pooping in litter box’s at schools.

Isn't it nice when you go out in the outdoors and there's NOT trash thrown everywhere? I swear NM has some very trashy people living here
I’ll never forget some of the trash heaps I saw hunting BLM near Taos.

There’s some annoyances up here too- chubby flat brimmed bubbas on side by sides all over the place. But not a lot of litter at least!

the only thing I miss are the food and weather.

Ya I'll definitely miss the food. But even that comes with it own set of issues these days. I have a few places I frequent that still have great food but the atmosphere has gone to sh!t. Recently I went in and placed my order then went to find a table where I could watch my vehicle for the obvious reasons. But every table was dirty because the business can't hire enough people to keep the place clean. So I wiped off the table while they got my order done. I went up to grab my order and as I came back I noticed there were no longer salt and pepper shakers at each table. Can't put out S & P shakers cause the Rif-Raf will steal them. So I had to go to the condiments and gabs some little paper packets of S & P. SMH!

Just tired of hearing the constant sound of sirens coming from three or four directions. Followed by the sound of either helicopters or airplanes circling the crime scene

I can't help but think about how our quality of life here has gone to hell.

Some say this is a political post. Its really not. Its a quality of life thread.

T-minus 22 days and counting. I just hope we make it out of here alive.

Ya I'll definitely miss the food. But even that comes with it own set of issues these days. I have a few places I frequent that still have great food but the atmosphere has gone to sh!t. Recently I went in and placed my order then went to find a table where I could watch my vehicle for the obvious reasons. But every table was dirty because the business can't hire enough people to keep the place clean. So I wiped off the table while they got my order done. I went up to grab my order and as I came back I noticed there were no longer salt and pepper shakers at each table. Can't put out S & P shakers cause the Rif-Raf will steal them. So I had to go to the condiments and gabs some little paper packets of S & P. SMH!

Just tired of hearing the constant sound of sirens coming from three or four directions. Followed by the sound of either helicopters or airplanes circling the crime scene

I can't help but think about how our quality of life here has gone to hell.

Some say this is a political post. Its really not. Its a quality of life thread.

T-minus 22 days and counting. I just hope we make it out of here alive.
I sent you a pm

I’ve spent my career protecting the people of this state and have hunted it from top to bottom, have met good people in every town I’ve visited. To all you NM bashers, that are tucking the old tail between your legs and running I bid you farewell “Adios” NM. NM is better off without you! The rest of us will stay and fight the good fight!

I’ve spent my career protecting the people of this state and have hunted it from top to bottom, have met good people in every town I’ve visited. To all you NM bashers, that are tucking the old tail between your legs and running I bid you farewell “Adios” NM. NM is better off without you! The rest of us will stay and fight the good fight!

Are you extending that same "adios" to the people that have already left because MLG caused them to lose their job or business with her mismanaged approach of the "pandemic"?

You guys are like a broken record! ? it’s MLG, it’s the Pandemic, it’s Trump, It’s Biden, it’s whoever’s fault but yours. Have some state pride and do something to make this place better.

You guys are like a broken record! ? it’s MLG, it’s the Pandemic, it’s Trump, It’s Biden, it’s whoever’s fault but yours. Have some state pride and do something to make this place better.

And you sound like someone who's been institutionalized and brainwashed to follow orders and never chase what you want.

"Making" a state "better" is no different than looking elsewhere. Change is change. Since you're good and retired, most of this crap doesn't phase you in the least.

I'll bet you think it's Patriotic to pay taxes too. Someone that moves to a state with no income tax is smart, not a quiter. Someone who moves to a state that shares their same moral convictions thinks for themselves and is not a good little drone.

Have a nice day ?

Not retired, not brainwashed just mature enough to know crying or running does nothing to fix the problems we are facing. Good luck? You won’t be missed

If not retired, why'd you quit protecting the people of NM?

Seems like you're crying an awful lot about people's decisions. Get over yourself.

Still proudly serving and protecting. Will continue to do so after as I retire as well. Born and raised New Mexican and will do everything in my power to make my state better. We are blessed to call NM home.

I wouldn't leave yet either if I were building my retirement pension with the state. Some of us aren't, so pretty free to do whatever we decide...

I wasn't born a New Mexican but was raised here. Doesn't mean I have to continue to stay if I don't want to.

It's also a good thing millions of people that came before us didn't just sit on their laurels and put up with a monarchial rule and fought on their own turf for reform but instead MOVED for a better life somewhere else.

I feel more blessed to call the USA home and that we have the God given right to pursue happiness wherever that may be...

I’m a born and raised New Mexican …. This place is a dumpster!
Thanks to the politics and the ignorant people who do see the problem with our politicians

Still proudly serving and protecting. Will continue to do so after as I retire as well. Born and raised New Mexican and will do everything in my power to make my state better. We are blessed to call NM home.
This sounds a LOT like the politician entitled state workers we left Illinois from four years ago. ? We were completely done supporting a corrupt system funding the pensions of others. Who in private industry gets million dollar pensions? It’s unsustainable 1950’s lore. They get 80% of their full salaries plus medical benefits in retirement. Insane. That’s why everyone here is leaving the big blue monster.

47A8C060-EF41-4712-A29A-F429DA41AC53.jpeg

Who in the private sector puts their life on the line for complete strangers, who in the private sector do you call when grandma is having a heart attack or when someone is trying to harm your loved ones??? Sure is nice having police and firefighters around when you need them……Not to mention those who have made the armed forces their career. Pretty nice having them around as well

Armed forces is federal not state. We have great services in Indiana. It’s not a problem here at all. Most the bloated state employee pensions we are talking about are teachers and others. Unions protect even the most horrible teachers there, making them impossible to get rid of. I know, many teachers in my family, including my wife.

Who in the private sector puts their life on the line for complete strangers,

You'd be surprised, actually.

who in the private sector do you call when grandma is having a heart attack

Most of the time family members around the same timeframe you call 911.

or when someone is trying to harm your loved ones???

There are a lot of people quite capable of protecting loved ones when someone is trying to harm them. The law won't allow them though...

Sure is nice having police and firefighters around when you need them……

Absolutely!! It's nice to have plumbers and electricians/lineman around when you need them as well.

Not to mention those who have made the armed forces their career. Pretty nice having them around as well

I'm glad they made that choice. Just like I'm glad others made the choice to throw slips and come off bottom when they TD an oil/gas well. Just like I'm glad for the ones that chose to drive across the country supporting the supply chain.

there’s federal police, and firefighters as well. All draw pensions
Not the bloated ones blue states like Illinois feature.

BTW - My work is exclusively for the federal government yet I get zero pension. Was hired as a contract worker only last 16 years. Why should I pay for other’s bloated 80% + benefit retirements when I get none? Please explain.

Last edited:
Ok buddy, it’s pretty obvious you don’t support your police, fire or armed forces, but don’t worry we will still be there for you when you need us! Happy Hunting

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"- Marcus Aurelius

Ok buddy, it’s pretty obvious you don’t support your police, fire or armed forces, but don’t worry we will still be there for you when you need us! Happy Hunting

If you're not enough without people hyping up your career choice, you'll never be enough if they did.

You came on here ragging in people's choice to move and their reasons for it and now your getting butt hurt because people aren't congratulaing you on career choice...

Fire and police and military are probably (likely I'm missing someone)the only ones who should be drawing any kind of pension after 20-25 years of service. A body can only do so much as it enters the late 40's and 50's. But they are just a fraction of the pensioners. Why in the world should a teacher be able to quit at the age of 48 and collect 80% of their salary. And definitely not a pencil pusher in Santa Fe.

during the "deadly Covid" when teachers and state workers (still working at home) were at home because they were too important to catch covid. Non- pensioned people were working checkouts at walmart and mcdonalds getting far more exposure than any of those pensioned folks would at work if they had gone.

Fire and police and military are probably (likely I'm missing someone)the only ones who should be drawing any kind of pension after 20-25 years of service. A body can only do so much as it enters the late 40's and 50's.

I almost have to laugh. Every retired law enforcement I know are just as nimble at 45 and 50 as they were at 30, and a lot of them are doing a second career to pad their retirement.

I work with one that is a retired sheriff deputy. In his mid 40's, yeah there was only so much his body could do. He was about 125 lbs overweight at retirement, but certainly didn't start that way ?

Born and raised here with over 100+ years of family generations. My wife and I are also making the move elsewhere to get out of this state. There is no hope for it, it is a lost cause.

We've done our parts trying to make a difference and sadly that effort goes nowhere when you are the minority political group.

We want to start our family in the next year or so and we do not want to raise our kids here in NM. We will miss a lot of it... but we are sick and tired of constantly being exposed to all the rift-raft, crime, litter, homelessness, lack of healthcare, etc.

Tired of the mentality, "it is like this everywhere", when it in fact it is NOT like this everywhere.

It is sad reading this. It is even more sad to see the condition NM is in. I was in Albuquerque for a few days last week. I knew it was bad from past experience but after seeing it for a few days it was even worse than I expected. Crime is on a completely different level in NM than states that boarder it like Arizona, Utah and Texas. I have never seen so many security officers and police at hotels, restaurants and shopping centers. While at a park I even witnessed multiple cop cars and a helicopter stop a suspect.

I feel bad for all the good people in NM that have to suffer because of stupid voters and politicians. I don't blame anyone for leaving. The COVID pandemic just amplified the stupid policies that politicians have pushed in NM. 505 hunter couldn't have explained the sad mentality better, "It is like this everywhere", when in fact it is NOT like that everywhere. Even hanging out in Los Angelas California a month ago wasn't as bad as Albuquerque. That is a low bar to be below. It is only going to get worse with more good people leaving.

It is sad reading this. It is even more sad to see the condition NM is in. I was in Albuquerque for a few days last week. I knew it was bad from past experience but after seeing it for a few days it was even worse than I expected. Crime is on a completely different level in NM than states that boarder it like Arizona, Utah and Texas. I have never seen so many security officers and police at hotels, restaurants and shopping centers. While at a park I even witnessed multiple cop cars and a helicopter stop a suspect.

I feel bad for all the good people in NM that have to suffer because of stupid voters and politicians. I don't blame anyone for leaving. The COVID pandemic just amplified the stupid policies that politicians have pushed in NM. 505 hunter couldn't have explained the sad mentality better, "It is like this everywhere", when in fact it is NOT like that everywhere. Even hanging out in Los Angelas California a month ago wasn't as bad as Albuquerque. That is a low bar to be below. It is only going to get worse with more good people leaving.
OMG, I was shocked when you mentioned LA. I had to go there in 2021 to escort my wife to her China flight screening. Never again! Could not believe the encampments and mentally ill sleeping in the bushes, one in middle of airport sidewalk. We were at a grocery store when the employees had to confront a thief. Stolen goods returned by criminal sliding them across floor at my feet. There was an axe murder in a tent on Venice Beach that was in one of my photos the day before! Many, many other freak encounters which made getting accosted by a Scientology recruiter an afterthought. All in just 6 days. Never again.

OMG, I was shocked when you mentioned LA. I had to go there in 2021 to escort my wife to her China flight screening. Never again! Could not believe the encampments and mentally ill sleeping in the bushes, one in middle of airport sidewalk. We were at a grocery store when the employees had to confront a thief. Stolen goods returned by criminal sliding them across floor at my feet. There was an axe murder in a tent on Venice Beach that was in one of my photos the day before! Many, many other freak encounters which made getting accosted by a Scientology recruiter an afterthought. All in just 6 days. Never again.
LA was pathetic but I felt even less safe in Albuquerque. I actually feel about as safe traveling in Juarez Mexico as I do in Albuquerque. San Francisco is also a dump now. It is really sad to see what liberal policies have done to a number of cities that used to be nice places to visit. In LA I saw a guy actively shoplifting and putting stuff in his backpack. Store employees didn't seem to care. I guess shoplifting isn't even worth calling the police about in some of these states. I live only a few miles from the NM boarder and spend a fair amount of time hunting and fishing in NM. Fortunately the rest of the state isn't as bad a Albuquerque but the smaller cities and rural areas of NM still have to deal with the consequences of politicians elected from the larger cities.

LA was pathetic but I felt even less safe in Albuquerque. I actually feel about as safe traveling in Juarez Mexico as I do in Albuquerque. San Francisco is also a dump now. It is really sad to see what liberal policies have done to a number of cities that used to be nice places to visit. In LA I saw a guy actively shoplifting and putting stuff in his backpack. Store employees didn't seem to care. I guess shoplifting isn't even worth calling the police about in some of these states. I live only a few miles from the NM boarder and spend a fair amount of time hunting and fishing in NM. Fortunately the rest of the state isn't as bad a Albuquerque but the smaller cities and rural areas of NM still have to deal with the consequences of politicians elected from the larger cities.
Ya just saw a YouTube video that Whole Foods just closed their flagship store in SF due to theft. One time in Taos I had a store owner behaving very paranoid and accusing me I was a thief. Was super weird I never experienced before nor after.

Liberal policies are emotion based and nit based on logic and accountability.

"You do you" is their mantra...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom