Gonna try again. Semi

nocwalker

Ok. Just got settled at 4:04 pm est. ok. I’m pissed now. I do these semi’s and I don’t even see any, determination setting in. Deer have been through here 5 of 7 nights. The 2 night they didn’t come through, iii was here. I can only hunt mon, Thur and Saturday on this prop. Jesus, they know what day of the week it is

we got 6” of fresh snow yesterday. So we’ll give it a try

I’ve got the heavy, down filled one piece on today. It’s a balmy 31 degrees and bright and sunny. Winds are from the SW at 3 mph. Prefect day to turn some snow red

It’s 4:59. Still nothing. Been watching the o the west. The deer have been crossing the road around 5 pm

45EAD292-87CC-4236-9F15-7CFC8485B0A6.jpeg

The sun is setting. The quality time is now

I’m out and home. Nuttin. I’ll bet they show up at 5pm tomorrow. I’ll send pictures if they do

I’m usually pretty lucky blank. Winter can be fickle.
gator. Yup. Similar

I can sit in a stand for hours BUT fishing not very long.
Up in SD they are having some minus degree weather not a good time to sit and wait.

Thanks for posting these semi- live hunts. I hunted Whitetail this year in Iowa and fell in love with it.

Do you think it is just bad luck they are not showing on the days you sit or do you think they are smelling, hearing or seeing you?

I tend to believe they know something is up.

Good question elkantlers. Remember this is suburbia lots of things could interfere with the hunt. I was expecting by photos and by tracks that the deer are coming across the road, twice around 5pm there were people walking on the road. The second thing is I park out there, I don’t have much choice where to park, this program dictates the parking spot.

I think they have been hanging out across the road is a long narrow, thick strip bordered by creek bottom and a housing development. Anything can happen in suburbia, a dog could have bumped em the other way, traffic, walkers etc

I’ll keep at it until the 20th when the season ends. I’ve shot 7 off the property and 5 of those came out of the stand I was in

wind was good from the west was expecting deer from the west

2FFC8E64-5E1C-48CC-AE14-ACA9ECA50ED1.jpeg

Well , like I said , suburbia. This is what showed up today in the afternoon. This knucklehead spent 1 hr near my stand. I have no idea who he is or why he was there. This is Twp property and is open to all but this was a little weird.

Thanks for posting these semi- live hunts. I hunted Whitetail this year in Iowa and fell in love with it.

Do you think it is just bad luck they are not showing on the days you sit or do you think they are smelling, hearing or seeing you?

I tend to believe they know something is up.
These deer called his boss and figured out which days he has to work and which days he can hunt! :D

EA, I'll hopefully be hunting zone 4 in Iowa this fall. Going into the draw with 4 NR points.

NOC, suburban deer are used to cars, runners, barking dogs, and the smell of people. They'll come around soon. And when they do, post some tailgate pics!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom