Good Budget For A First Bow

Wolf2202

I have a very limited knowledge of archery hunting, but I am looking at getting my first bow. I don't need anything super nice, just something that will do the job and won't break after a couple years. What is a good budget to find a bow(and all the accessories) with these needs? Additionally, what should I do to find stuff in this price range? If you have any recommendations those would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The sad thing is that even your budget friendly bows are still more expensive than your entry level rifles and muzzleloaders. A brand new entry level bare bow is between 4-600$ then tack on sights, quiver stabilizer, release, arrows and broad heads and that’s another $600. May be worthwhile to find a lightly used bow with all the goodies.

You can kill a buck or bull with a recurve. It’s not as easy as sneaking around with a a compound or have the capacity. You can find out if it is worth your investment. Plus you will learn a lot, have fun, and become a better hunter. MANY animals have been taken that way for a long time. Look at a used recurve with a few hunting arrows. If you get 1or 2 shots you’re doing great.
Then you will know if bow hunting is for you.

Go down to your pro shop let them help you figure out your draw length, poundage you are comfortable to pull etc. Shoot as many of their bows that you can, find one you like. Then go buy it off Ebay or Archerytalk classifieds for half the price. A 5 year old top end bow is as good as the latest and greatest especially if you don't have anything to compare it to. You can find decent package deals for around $400-$500 to get you started.

I have a very limited knowledge of archery hunting, but I am looking at getting my first bow. I don't need anything super nice, just something that will do the job and won't break after a couple years. What is a good budget to find a bow(and all the accessories) with these needs? Additionally, what should I do to find stuff in this price range? If you have any recommendations those would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Elite Ember rt at $500 includes everything but the arrows
Diamond Edge 320 under $400 complete
I prefer Hyott
Anyways good luck and go test shoot a elite Ember

Go down to your pro shop let them help you figure out your draw length, poundage you are comfortable to pull etc. Shoot as many of their bows that you can, find one you like. Then go buy it off Ebay or Archerytalk classifieds for half the price. A 5 year old top end bow is as good as the latest and greatest especially if you don't have anything to compare it to. You can find decent package deals for around $400-$500 to get you started.
WOW, you are a archery shops dream

Check for used bows 2-4 years old and should be able to get a bare bow for $400-600 or fully kitted bow for $600-800. Add arrows and a release and a $1,000 budget should be doable. Definitely go to an archery shop or find someone that is knowledgeable to teach you some basic fundamentals/form and figure out your draw length. Shoot some friends or just bows at a shop. Yes you can buy used not from a bow shop but you want to know what you're doing when buying a used bow and then setting it up. Let us know how your journey is going!

I’m getting my son into archery; picked him up a year old elite bow that has module-less draw length adjustment since I don’t know the exact DL he’ll want. Taking him to the archery shop for peep height, draw length, and tuning and will pay them for their time. My other son shoots an older elite, they’re good shooting bows with poor resale so deals are available on practically new bows. That said with a nice sight and rest and still no quiver I’m in for $800 already- pretty expensive.
Other bows have similar features but the main point is get one you can easily adjust DL to make sure it fits. I would avoid buying entry level stuff since you’re going to want to upgrade if you stick with it, and nobody will want to buy it from you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom