Good day backpack

PSEbackcountry

Looking for a good day backpack that has a bow/rifle carrier and hopefully haul a quarter or two and stay the night if I need too. Thanks

I bought a Mystery Ranch Pintler a few months back that I have enjoyed so far. It should be about the right size/setup as you're looking for.

If you want the best I'd look at Kifaru or Stone Glacier. In my eyes, new materials used in modern packs are so light that it is well worth it to buy a full sized 6,000 cu in pack that works great for day hunts. It's possible to cinch down small loads super small and tight for day use. If you happen to harvest a critter the comfortable frame is capable of 100 lb loads your first trip out!

I've found that a large pack designed for hefty loads is way more comfortable hauling around 20 to 40 lb loads while hunting each day than a smaller pack designed exclusively for 20 to 30ish lb loads. Shoulder straps, padded belt, load lifters, sternum strap, etc are much more robust, padded, and designed for hefty loads on larger packs. The frame on these packs are super light/comfortable and will save your shoulders, legs, and back.

KIfaru offers lots of bag and accessory options that you can customize a pack for your particular style of hunting and gear. There are plenty of options for attaching a bow, spotting scope, tripod, etc to a large volume Kifaru or SG packs.

Last edited:
If you want the best I'd look at Kifaru or Stone Glacier. In my eyes, new materials used in modern packs are so light that it is well worth it to buy a full sized 6,000 cu in pack that works great for day hunts. It's possible to cinch down small loads super small and tight for day use. If you happen to harvest a critter the comfortable frame is capable of 100 lb loads your first trip out!

I've found that a large pack designed for hefty loads is way more comfortable hauling around 20 to 40 lb loads while hunting each day than a smaller pack designed exclusively for 20 to 30ish lb loads. Shoulder straps, padded belt, load lifters, sternum strap, etc are much more robust, padded, and designed for hefty loads on larger packs. The frame on these packs are super light/comfortable and will save your shoulders, legs, and back.

KIfaru offers lots of bag and accessory options that you can customize a pack for your particular style of hunting and gear. There are plenty of options for attaching a bow, spotting scope, tripod, etc to a large volume Kifaru or SG packs.

thanks everyone!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom