Good Fry Night - Wet or Dry

Blank

Long Time Member
Wife and MIL wanted Panko fried chicken thighs, pounded out thin, and some leftover veggies. I thought since it was calm, it would be a perfect night for deep fried redfish filets, and taters. Salads for both were cucumbers and tomato, in red vine vinegar. Good meal!!

E2BE1EB2-A7B2-44FD-89A9-063CF9C9C73D_1_201_a.jpeg

F91009B2-8581-474C-A438-243F2A1AD68A_1_201_a.jpeg

2F33017E-AC98-4E09-999D-967A44AE4B23_1_201_a.jpeg

Wife and MIL wanted Panko fried chicken thighs, pounded out thin, and some leftover veggies. I thought since it was calm, it would be a perfect night for deep fried redfish filets, and taters. Salads for both were cucumbers and tomato, in red vine vinegar. Good meal!!

View attachment 36901

View attachment 36902

View attachment 36903
Looks good Chef Blank where did you get the redfish fillets? I have never tried that fish. I hear it is good I'm mostly stuck with Rockfish Ling Cod Salmon and Halibut Every once in while my son and I go for some Striped bass which is very good if you take out ALL of the dark meat out of your fillet.

Every year the wife and I go back down to visit friends in Texas. Always bring back a bunch of redfish, flounder, and sea trout filets and throats. Love any kind of white meat fish, not really a fan of salmon or trout unless they are fresh that day, or brined and smoked really well.

I grew up on the North East Coast, so ate tons of crab, lobster, striped bass, bluefish, cod and pollock.

I will be going to FL in a few weeks, hope to bring back some reddish and trout fillets! And I know they get no love as table fare but the largemouth bass that I hope to catch out of some impoundment reservoirs are very good. No muddy taste when there is a current/river flow through the body of water. This one was quite tasty

20181004_155119.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom