Good Luck in the Draw

Twoducks

Calif closed last nite and I am in for M3 and a B zone as my 2nd tag
Antelope in Lassen Late period 2 and Elk Northeastern
Max points on deer and elk
Hope to hit a tag or two but who knows
Best of luck Come on Fall

I already have three tags for this fall but a sheep or elk tag here in CA wouldn't hurt my feelings. I'll probably never draw another elk tag here as I drew NE archery in 2016 but that doesn't stop me from having my name in the hat.

I applied for points only for deer and antelope with two under max for deer and max for antelope. I have max for sheep also but even with max points the draw odds are extremely tough.

I already have three tags for this fall but a sheep or elk tag here in CA wouldn't hurt my feelings. I'll probably never draw another elk tag here as I drew NE archery in 2016 but that doesn't stop me from having my name in the hat.

I applied for points only for deer and antelope with two under max for deer and max for antelope. I have max for sheep also but even with max points the draw odds are extremely tough.
I seriously considered putting in for that Elk Hunt this year but the dates conflicted with a trip I am planning to Wyoming. With max points the odds are really good, I’ll look at it real close next year.

Im all in plus I bought some sheep raffle tickets but I know what I will be getting in a couple weeks a d zone second choice deer tag so won’t matter much....probably won’t even check my results when they come out.

Glad I swung for the fence and put in NE Elk rifle, cause we got our CO archery elk tags and I doubt I'd have time for both! I would make the time if I got drawn though, ;) Things are falling into place for the season...

Glad I swung for the fence and put in NE Elk rifle, cause we got our CO archery elk tags and I doubt I'd have time for both! I would make the time if I got drawn though, ;) Things are falling into place for the season...
I feel like any elk tag in California is like swinging for the fences

I feel like any elk tag in California is like swinging for the fences
The NE Archery Elk tag is about 1/4 with max points but their success is 40% for only 10 tags in what should be a 60-80% success unit. They cut the season short for archers, and give the rifle guys the last two weeks of september. So easy to draw hard to get a good bowhunt in.

Cheers,
Ed

I should add that the 3 point unit we got drawn for in CO is about 30% success for archery... go figure how CA manages its game???

Though the quality potential is higher in CA but with the points it takes to get a tag you could have hunted four times in CO with the same amount of points.

———————————————

How was your NE elk archery hunt. Did you see any monsters?

Did NE archery live up to the horrific draw odds? Congrats on the tag back in 16'. It's what I've been applying for, me and another 1k archers.

Calif closed last nite and I am in for M3 and a B zone as my 2nd tag
Antelope in Lassen Late period 2 and Elk Northeastern
Max points on deer and elk
Hope to hit a tag or two but who knows
Best of luck Come on Fall
Best of luck to you in the draw Dan, remember to holler at me if you pull the M3...
Mike

first year I can apply for the junior hunts for my son. fingers crossed on those. D17 for me. hunt deer while I scout for my sheep tag :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom