Good luck on CC hits

Widi

Good luck to all on CC hits. Those who are lucky enough to draw are going to have an amazing year. Still a lot of moisture!! Good luck!!

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-19
>AT 09:59?PM (MST)

>
>What time will they start posting
>

Cards should start getting hit around 8am

Headed to AZ for my first time this year! Looks like our group drew 32 early December Coues. At least I hope its that haha. Really excited. 3 of us have never hunted Coues, and one of us will be his first time hunting ever! Can't wait to get out there!

My brother and I will also be hunting AZ for the first time ever this year-just had my credit card hit for our Coues deer tags in unit 36B (likely 3rd season but maybe 4th if we got lucky). So excited!!

Would love any input from those familiar with that unit or just general tips on hunting Coues deer.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-19 AT 03:01PM (MST)[p]Heading to the Kaibab for a rifle hunt!
$300.00 AZGFD charge
Can?t wait

When do results come out I got hit.

37205hornkiller.jpg

>Heading to the Kaibab for a
>rifle hunt!
>$300.00 AZGFD charge
>Can?t wait

Why is the charge $300 should it $315. I have a charge but I don't understand why it's $300

>>Heading to the Kaibab for a
>>rifle hunt!
>>$300.00 AZGFD charge
>>Can?t wait
>
>
>Why is the charge $300 should
>it $315. I have a
>charge but I don't understand
>why it's $300

You paid $15 to apply...

>>>Heading to the Kaibab for a
>>>rifle hunt!
>>>$300.00 AZGFD charge
>>>Can?t wait
>>
>>
>>Why is the charge $300 should
>>it $315. I have a
>>charge but I don't understand
>>why it's $300
>
>
>You paid $15 to apply...

Thanks for the quick response

Are all of you residents? I was really expecting to draw but no hits yet. Starting to get nervous........

>Are all of you residents? I
>was really expecting to draw
>but no hits yet.
>Starting to get nervous........

Non res hit at 8am this morning

The disappointing part is and when I went back today to double check what tag I should?ve drawn I realized I put the wrong code in. I guess I'll figure out how to use the point guard system

>Which unit. I had 21 and
>also did late Kiabab. No
>charges yet.

My two deer choices were 12B west and 12A East, late hunts with 19 points

I did b first choice and a west second. Figured I would be guaranteed to draw a west if I didn't get b first. Shocked!!

I have heard of one guy getting hit for a sheep charge. So I would guess they are also done. No luck for me! A lot of point building this year haha

Quick question for you guys versed in the Arizona tag game. I put my son in for a youth deer tag. I have a charge for $25 on my account. The tag is $40. Does the $15 app fee go towards the tag if drawn? Thanks.

Jim

I'm assuming your son is a non-resident. You already paid the $15 when you applied for your son. That was the application fee. The $25 you were just charged is the actual tag fee. Congratulations to your son.

Applications fees for non-residents are $15 and $13 for residents.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-19 AT 05:33PM (MST)[p]>I'm assuming your son is a
>non-resident. You already paid
>the $15 when you applied
>for your son. That
>was the application fee.
>The $25 you were just
>charged is the actual tag
>fee. Congratulations to your
>son.
>
>Applications fees for non-residents are $15
>and $13 for residents.

Thanks and yes, we are NR's. If he drew, it's the youth 16A muzzy deer hunt. I know it's an extremely difficult hunt to be successful on but, it gives us a reason to hunt in late November. In the regs, a youth only NR deer tag is $40. So I am assuming that the $15 app fee is put towards the tag cost if drawn but, I can't find that in writing.

Jim

edit: Looks like he drew a youth javelina hunt in the same unit during the same season. I found another $15 charge on another debit card from this morning.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-19 AT 06:14PM (MST)[p]Oh yeah!
13b first choice
13b archery second
12b west late 3rd
what hunt will it be? :)

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-19
>AT 06:14?PM (MST)

>
>Oh yeah!
>13b first choice
>13b archery second
>12b west late 3rd
>what hunt will it be? :)
>

It will be your first or second choice. They don't even look at third choice unless there is leftover tags which there wouldn't be for that hunt.
Congrats on the great tag !

Probably wont be in the portal til the end of the week. There should be more charges coming for rejected cards. Not many and little hope, but a few left.

300 to AZ; now is it late 29 Coues or Late 32 Coues......9 points going into the draw (10 for the draw?) hoping 29 but will take either

I think it may be another point, with no CC hit but with the website saying Pending...

The small thread of hope still exists. :^)

I wish they would get'er done!

Any more c/c hits?
Anyone know any NR that drew the early 12AW with 11 or less points?
Friend had 11 points going into the draw.
Last year it took 9 points to get a tag. Can not believe point creep went up 3 points. Did points in other states figuring this was a sure thing.
Thanks
Bill

>Any more c/c hits?
>Anyone know any NR that drew
>the early 12AW with 11
>or less points?
>Friend had 11 points going into
>the draw.
>Last year it took 9 points
>to get a tag. Can
>not believe point creep went
>up 3 points. Did points
>in other states figuring this
>was a sure thing.
>Thanks
>Bill

From what I'm seeing it seems like everyone that had points stacked up tried to cash them in this year cause they think it is gonna be the year for horn growth. I made my 3rd - 5th choices easy to draw white tail units that usually have leftover tags and I still didn't draw.

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-02-19
>AT 09:00?PM (MST)

>
>Good luck 264 Mag! Hope you
>got it
Same to you 340 Wby !

I had 13 points for 3A-3C and no luck. 50% chance last year with 10 points. I wonder if the cc hits are really done ??? That's a big point creep, not really a creep , its a jump !!!
Anyone draw it with less than 13 point ?

Like already mentioned, people sitting on sidelines with lots of points applied this year due to favorable moisture this past fall and winter. As a result we are seeing tremendous point creep. The next couple years will be the real test. Are the guys with lots of points but didn't draw going to panic and start applying every year or will they go back to buying points only and wait for a favorable year to apply? Guess we will have to wait and see.

I also see a lot of NR's putting in for the unit 12 hunts and other quality hunts like 3a-c and late December mule deer hunts. Most are not willing to wait 30+ years or the extremely slim odds for a unit 13 hunt.

This should also tell G&F that they need to increase the amount of units they manage for quality/older age animals. The last time I hunted a late October hunt unit managed for opportunity was about 7 years ago. This was a unit I hunted 15-16 times over the previous 25 years and knew the area well. I saw a total of four does and one spike in six days of hard hunting/glassing.

Good luck to everyone who drew a hunt this year.

Drew the 32 Late Coues tag. Looking forward to this hunt! hunting the last 5 days of December 27-31.

Just following up on the hunt. Had a great time! Bought a lion tag and ended up seeing three of them (female w/two kittens) well within range but didn't because she had kittens. Didn't buy a bear tag and saw a real nice one, a friend had a tag and got it though Squared 6.4.

It snowed on us, rained on us and was just plain cold at times. however we still ended up seeing a few and in the end I bagged a what I would consider a good buck. All in all a great hunt, new experience and well worth the 10 year wait for a late tag.

IMG_5327.JPEG

IMG_5371.JPEG

IMG_5409.JPG

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom