Good luck today nimrods!

DW

Long Time Member
I hope to be first in line, this week and every week until I have the tags I want! Get on the horn Brutus!??

Every year I get here at 4:30am, I never see another person before 7am.. like right now whoever gets here next is 2nd in line ...

I got through at 9:00:03. It is a seconds game I think. All the best tags were gone then though.

The online and phone system is lame as all get out.. I learned a few years ago the best and only way, is to be 1st in line at any license vender (Walmart, Big R, etc) ... my friend at another location was 1st in line at a location and when the doors opened, employees were already on the computers trying to get their tags and probably cost him his... so its not full proof... but I have gone in early the last 4 years and I am 3 for 4 on these tags... just trying to help ya'll for future efforts

yes...within 3 minutes all choices I tried were gone. Wasn't alot of tags anyway so wasn't very hopeful. OTC it is.....

My son was able to grab a tag. Him being a youth delayed it a little bit because there was a second page that you had to enter his hunters education info. It was about the 9th tag we had listed in our order we tried.

What was strange with the leftover draw was that he didnt draw an elk tag in the 2nd draw with his first choice that had 2 available tags in this leftover draw.

What was strange with the leftover draw was that he didnt draw an elk tag in the 2nd draw with his first choice that had 2 available tags in this leftover draw.

It isn't strange. Those 2 tags were turned back in after the secondary draw. There were 9 cow tags in my unit for the secondary draw, all went to youth, and there were 2 available today. Got lucky and pulled one of them. Now to work on pronghorn tags......

Worked great this morning. I scored unit 4 archery antelope for one buddy and another scored unit 3. I had already drawn unit 3 pronghorn and my deer and elk so could take it all in stride today..

I hope to be first in line, this week and every week until I have the tags I want! Get on the horn Brutus!??
I didn’t have to call. They invited me to come down and they hooked me up..??

2169710B-15AF-4623-AC37-9F1D9E8665DC.jpeg

Last edited:
For me it’s all about Mule Deer I have no desire to hunt Bulls and never Cows or Antelope or Bears or mountain lions or Whitetails or anything but Mule deer so the draw doesn’t mean a s... to me unless it’s Muleys but hey must be just me but this site is Monster Muleys correct?

For me it’s all about Mule Deer I have no desire to hunt Bulls and never Cows or Antelope or Bears or mountain lions or Whitetails or anything but Mule deer so the draw doesn’t mean a s... to me unless it’s Muleys but hey must be just me but this site is Monster Muleys correct?

Well we got rid of the political forum, let's get rid of everything but muley talk. That should stick a fork in flounders site!

I’m just saying I don’t give 2 sh..s about a cow Elk or a Doe Deer and really an Antelope or a Bear or a Mountain Lion or anything else for me just doesn’t do it and again this is Monster Muleys right???So again if it ain’t a Mule Deer it ain’t big game period!!!!!!!Just me I guess. Hopefully everyone enjoys their hunting year and to each his own I guess.Good Luck.

How many got kicked out of the system as soon as they tried to proceed at 9:00? I only know 3 people including myself that all got kick off as soon as you tried to proceed. I only got kicked to the home page but was able to reenter CID, and go from there but my buddies got totally logged off? I was lucky and got an archery elk tag still despite the system snafu but as usual the system seems to never work without significant glitches.

I’m just saying I don’t give 2 sh..s about a cow Elk or a Doe Deer and really an Antelope or a Bear or a Mountain Lion or anything else for me just doesn’t do it and again this is Monster Muleys right???So again if it ain’t a Mule Deer it ain’t big game period!!!!!!!Just me I guess. Hopefully everyone enjoys their hunting year and to each his own I guess.Good Luck.
Lol I enjoy mule deer too bud.

How many got kicked out of the system as soon as they tried to proceed at 9:00? I only know 3 people including myself that all got kick off as soon as you tried to proceed. I only got kicked to the home page but was able to reenter CID, and go from there but my buddies got totally logged off? I was lucky and got an archery elk tag still despite the system snafu but as usual the system seems to never work without significant glitches.
Got kicked off exactly as you described. Even waited a second or two after 9.
Go back to the random every 5 mins system. At least you had a chance then.

We had 3 of us trying online. All waiting to PC turn 9:00 on residency page and got to the blocks to fill in code immediately but the 4 codes we were after all were sold. I can only assume those were sold maybe in person or on phone a hair before 9:00.

I will say the 1 guy logged in at 800 and went right into a queu (never got the residency page) where he waited in a virtual line and by 804 was let in but by 815 it kicked him out.

Off to OTC

I can only assume those were sold maybe in person or on phone a hair before 9:00.

As someone first in line, in person, I was watching the vendors computer screen clock of the cpw site. He proceeded at exactly 9am and got one of 2 available tags for me. I don't think anyone is allowed to proceed prior to the site clock ticking 9am.

As someone first in line, in person, I was watching the vendors computer screen clock of the cpw site. He proceeded at exactly 9am and got one of 2 available tags for me. I don't think anyone is allowed to proceed prior to the site clock ticking 9am.
What information of yours still needed to be entered at 9:00 AM?

Same thing happened to me exactly as u described. I was unsuccessful in getting my tag though

What information of yours still needed to be entered at 9:00 AM?

He had all my personal info typed in the boxes. At 9am he hit proceed, went to tag applying for, entered hunt code, hit apply, done. The vendor process is different than the individual process, and I think their route is much shorter and more direct. The 3rd guy in line used his phone and pulled his third deer choice as the second guy in line was getting his 2nd tag.

I won I bet with my friend that you was going to ask me that question. ? There was five of those tags available and I got one. Be happy for me. ? I’m happy for you. ?

C'mon, my question lessened your license cost. You should be thanking me?!?!?

The online and phone system is lame as all get out.. I learned a few years ago the best and only way, is to be 1st in line at any license vender (Walmart, Big R, etc) ... my friend at another location was 1st in line at a location and when the doors opened, employees were already on the computers trying to get their tags and probably cost him his... so its not full proof... but I have gone in early the last 4 years and I am 3 for 4 on these tags... just trying to help ya'll for future efforts
So did you score a tag this week?

Did he go to a store that didn't open until 9?

Did he go to a store that didn't open until 9?
Yup... store opened doors at 8:55 to let them in and upload info, but sadly... employees were already in place ahead of them... even tho he was there at 5am and the other guy camped overnight.. employees came in at 7am amd basically jumped in front..

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom