Good old Kali

eelgrass

Long Time Member
How are you going to run a generator when the power goes out? Plug it in?

Washington Examiner

California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws​

Asher Notheis
Sun, October 10, 2021, 10:46 AM

61219f21b8b8c4d2fb7106de3b3b9e22

California took another step toward its goal of ridding the state of all gas-powered engines thanks to a new bill signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom on Saturday.
The new law will ban the sale of all off-road, gas-powered engines, including generators, lawn equipment, pressure washers, chainsaws, weed trimmers, and even golf carts. Under the new law, these machines must be zero-emissions, meaning they will have to be either battery-powered or plug-in, according to the Los Angeles Times.

while i understand the thought… it’s incredibly short sided. we can’t even do our laundry at night with our rolling black outs !! some serious infrastructure needs to be addressed. perhaps the cart before the horse does work…

I would laugh, but it’s my experience that as goes California, so go the rest of us.

Hard to believe it’s where hot rod culture originated.:(

How Bigga Battery Will it Take to Equal My Stihl 066 MAGNUM?
I’m seriously considering an elec hedge trimmer (big). The Stihl guy likes it and says you get 500 cycles from it. And he has stunk of gas and oil for 30 years.

But I have a hard time adjusting.:confused:

I’m seriously considering an elec hedge trimmer (big). The Stihl guy likes it and says you get 500 cycles from it. And he has stunk of gas and oil for 30 years.

But I have a hard time adjusting.:confused:
I've owned an electric hedge trimmer for years. Same with a chain saw.

BUT... they need to be plugged into a long extension to work. :rolleyes:

Our new home has a very large thick lawn. I made the mistake of buying a battery lawnmower that the lawn would kill the engine or bog it down. I lost money on selling that crappy lawn mower that was only used 3 times.
Bought a Honda gas powered lawn mower and it mows great. Will not be giving it up to bent wrist Newsom any time soon.
Our liberal politicians are the biggest dumb F##KS alive. This new law just shut down the logging-timber business in ca. No gas chainsaws to cut down trees. No gas generators in the woods to power electric chainsaws. The price of lumber is going to go up even higher then what it is now.

RELH

Last edited:
They keep mandating bans on gas powered anything and switching to electric everything. The idiots that passed this law are the same ones that mandated the mandatory high rates of renewable energy use in our state causing the power shutting off on a regular basis. Where is the large increase in electric generation coming from to plug all of these battery chargers in. I think our state could be run by 5th graders better than Newsom and the morons in the legislature.

These jokers must have a lot of stock in battery operated equipment. This climate change/ global warming is one of the most STUPID and hypocritical things ever. Stop using coal and fossil fuels in the USA, yet sell 15% more coal to China. That way they can burn it n their country. ??

Biden owns 10% of the largest battery plant in China, would you be surprised if that stock was up 300% since he took office

The dumb flucks in power in many of these places are literally clueless. I recently watched some dumb ***** mayor in Detroit or some lefty Michigan city bragging on their newly installed charging stations at this apartment complex. A reporter asked where the energy came from & she said I'm not sure but it's electric, you just plug it in and wah-la... ain't it great! The reporter then asked the energy commissioner where it came from.... he said it came coal fired plant - LMFAO

I’m a slippery sloper, but even I never thought I would hear “you can have my lawnmower when you pry it from my cold, dead hands”.
Slippery slope? we're already on an olympic bobsled ride to hell at warp speed with no brakes.

The dumb flucks in power in many of these places are literally clueless. I recently watched some dumb ***** mayor in Detroit or some lefty Michigan city bragging on their newly installed charging stations at this apartment complex. A reporter asked where the energy came from & she said I'm not sure but it's electric, you just plug it in and wah-la... ain't it great! The reporter then asked the energy commissioner where it came from.... he said it came coal fired plant - LMFAO

Throw NM in there as well.

Time to upgrade and see who will enforce this new regulation. My daughter will be running our gas-powered wood splitter when I take her out of school because of the vaccine mandate.

If you read the article, which I'm sure every one did before giving their two cents, this doesn't go into effect until at least Jan 2024, and only prohibits the sale of these products, not the use.

"The new rule will be implemented by January 2024, or as soon as regulators determine is "feasible," whichever date is later."

While I agree this legislation is bulls***, I imagine it will be a long time coming before they ban the USE of those products. Similar to the motor vehicle sales ban that should be taking effect in 2035, and according to this article points to reasons as to why that isn't even a reasonable timeline.

Long story short, you're gonna get to keep your gas powered motors for longer than you think.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom