good place to get cheap 300 Wby mag casings?

nahshon

Hey!
I have been hunting with a 30.06 before and now switched up to a 300 Weatherby Magnum but boy oh boy the ammo is wicked expensive! I want to reload my own ammo and trying to get prices as low as I can. I found once fired casings for $1.30 per casing including shipping.

I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere that would sell them cheaper or if anyone has any they want to sell. I am located in California.

also wondering about your favorite reloading setup on that round. I am thinking 180 grain bullet. what do you guys use for powder and how much, primers and brand of bullet for a good accurate load?

Thank you!

I wouldn’t buy once fired brass for a magnum caliber like the 300WBY. You could run into case head expansion problems and how can you verify it’s fired once.
I would spend the .30 extra each and buy new Weatherby brand cases for peace of mind.
I’d load IMR7828 with a 175LRX Barnes and Federal 215M primer for CA legal ammo.

Try to use Weatherby brand brass. It’s more expensive but it’s the best. It’s just the way it is. I had to use my 300 WBY on a hunt because of a scope problem in my main rifle but I didn’t have any ammo and wasn’t in a place where I could reload. I went to Sportsman’s and bought two boxes of 180 grn Weatherby ammo. I went straight to the local range to dial it in before the evening hunt and shot the two best groups of my life and it was factory ammo. Lately I come close but It’s a toss up as to weather I should reload or not for it.

hey everyone!
Thanks for all the great tips!! Sorry I haven't been on to reply lately, I thought I would get notifications to my email when someone replied haha. I just got a notification to a PM. you guys are awesome! I really appreciate your replies!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom