Good second season in a throw away unit......

just_a_hunter

I'm not going to say what unit these came out of, but it usually isn't a good unit. This year was fruitful though....

The bull on the right is mine. I used my ol' Crumpler Ruger 7 mag and 160 gr. A-Frames.

The bull on the left is my buddies. He used my Ruger .338 and 225 grain Accubonds.

I took my buck with a Contender in the .357 Herrett shooting 200 grain Hornady FTX. 80 yard textbook neck shot.

It was a great time...

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

Thanks,

Todd

That's a good shot with the contender and the hide . . . Sometimes "throw away" units produce. Problem is, usually not every year!

Very nice, as I have mentioned, the quantity of game this year being taken is down on average but the quality has been up, even local meat shops are saying the same.

btw, did your dog retrieve the game for ya? lol...

dutch
http://fourcornerslife.blogspot.com

>Very nice, as I have mentioned,
>the quantity of game this
>year being taken is down
>on average but the quality
>has been up, even local
>meat shops are saying the
>same.
>
>btw, did your dog retrieve the
>game for ya? lol...
>
>dutch
>http://fourcornerslife.blogspot.com

Dutch,

Believe it or not, he does.. That's Gauge the (bow hunting) Gun Dog Sr. He is quite the expert blood tracker with a few recoveries under his belt. He hunts with me on heal, even bow hunting. He is truely a great dog.

2008hunting044.jpg

2008hunting038.jpg

UtahArchery012.jpg

UtahArchery010.jpg

UtahArchery011.jpg

UtahArchery013.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

victory.jpg

elephantsandaframes008.jpg

He is my best good huntin' bud....

Todd

Great pics,love the coyote just got back from a weekend trip knocking down five between two of us.ruger 204 is unbelievable!
simo

Way to go Todd. I think I reconize the backround in them pictures.lol. Looks like yall had a great hunt this year. congrats.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom