Good year for my son

passthrough

Hunts with my two boys are by far my favorite and always the most memorable. 2022 was no different. My son had drawn a rifle elk tag, his first. To say that he was excited was an understatement. Bull elk have always been his weakness. Opening day found us hunting our ranch in hopes that some bulls that I had previously seen were still there. We glassed them up, but they were miles away with no reasonable way to get to them, his first day elk hunting turned into a ranching project as we ended up helping my uncle build a water drinker. Sunday and Monday came and went with little to no action. I located his bull after I dropped off his brother at school on Tuesday morning, Wes couldn't miss school because of football practice that afternoon so I knew that our window would be short. I watched his bull until he bedded down and then made my way to work. After a long day of waiting, I made my way to my glassing spot and glassed up his bull in the same spot I left him. As soon as Wes was out of football practice, he zoomed my way. As soon as he got there, he changed and we left his little brother on the glass to keep tabs on the bull. We cut the distance to 450 yards, as soon as we were set up the bull got up to feed. He took a few steps and stopped broadside. Wes sent the first one over his back but followed up with 2 and 3 in the boiler room! Big bull monkey officially off his back!
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3195.jpg
IMG_3210.jpg

He was beyond excited! His bull scored right at 340 broken. Super proud of that young man.

Dang the kids in New Mexico are killing it. Lots of good and big animals getting killed by the juniors. Congratulations to your son on an awesome bull.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom