goodale fire

sagebb

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-19 AT 05:09PM (MST)[p]fire is growing more and more every day,10-12,000 acres estimated, climbing up shingle and steckers and across the flats. hopefully our wintering deer can find feed this year. whats everyones opinion? fresh growth and bigger deer in the future?

I've read that burned areas produce better feed and bigger bucks, so hopefully thats the case here. This year was my second year putting in for G3.

keep putting in probably only got about 30-40 years to go to draw it }< but yeah I think the last time it burnt up was 06 or 07 right around the same area so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I live about 20 minutes from the unit, never been lucky enough to draw it but im there every year checkin out the hunts and watchin bucks what about you Hunter0527?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-19 AT 06:06PM (MST)[p]No I've never hunted g3, I've been trying to figure out d14 the last couple years.

I'm currently on the fire not a real big area burnt considering. Should be fine lots of green still around

If it's winter ground that's burning the new growth over the next couple years won't do any bucks good on the summer range when the horns are growing

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom