Goodale

sagebb

Whats the good word for g3? Whats everyone been seeing? This storm was a good one, what I wouldnt give to have that tag this year!

They canceled the season.....too much snow.

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

That hunt hasn't produced a big buck in almost 10 years. Average bucks, with too many tags distributed.

BOHNTR )))---------->

BOHNTR That 39 incher from last year was sure dandy!

Has nickman retired or is he still around? Haven?t heard from him in while

Width is everything when the mainbeams are 26 inches and the inside spread is 23 inches, and the buck scores 188 net.

It's NOTHING like it was.....and I'm with Homer......I don't believe ANY score unless it was officially measured anymore. I can't count how many critters I've measured after a ?know how to score? hunter/guide/outfitter measured something.......funny how the official score was always substantially less. Ha, and a few from this site. ?

BOHNTR )))---------->

Yeah everyone should just stop putting in for it and I'll be the sorry sucker that draws it and has to look over a 100 bucks a day?

Yep for sure. Its too bad it has to be that way but I guess were just going to have to deal with it or take matters into our own hands because you know California wont/isnt concerned about managing animals and i doubt we could ban together and not hunt the unit for a few years. But what do ya do???‍♂️

>Who knows... with the bob cat
>ban I'm sure hunting in
>general will be next...soon

....coyotes are next.....wait and see

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-19 AT 10:41PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-19 AT 10:41?PM (MST)

Figuring on how many points it takes to draw the tag, quality of bucks that can be expected, and how many less out of state points it would take to get on the same caliber ( or larger) bucks....In my opinion, this is hands down the most over rated tag in all of the western states! Simply a result of too many tags during the rut/migration. Having said that...if you just want to see a whole bunch of average/ish to decent/ish bucks every day, then this might be a pretty good tag.

Curious to see how the rest if you feel? If you received one of the California raffle tags...how many of you would choose this zone....or would it be in your - Top 5 list? - Top 10 list? - Top 15?

I guess I'll add to all the positivity in this thread. Ha!

G3 has been over-rated for a couple decades now. As to why, well that's another long thread. That said, there's always a buck or two around that has beaten unsurmountable odds. Hard part is finding it. Especially on years with very little or no snow. The two bucks taken last year were the best I've seen killed in many years. Gives future tag holders a little hope. The best part, I believe both hunters did it on their own and didn't hire a posse to comb the hills.

Sallaberry is 100% correct. If they shut the hunt down, it would never re-open. At least they cut the quota to 25 (from 35) a couple years ago.

It blows my mind, every year we get auction tag holders up here trying to find a 200? buck. It's laughable really. They waste time here while they could be up in northern Ca, say Modoc, where it's actually possible. The majority of bucks around here simply will not score well.

As for Nickman, he moved to Dallas, Texas. He has a lot of family back there. Works at Petsmart if I remember correctly.

>It blows my mind, every year
>we get auction tag holders
>up here trying to find
>a 200? buck. It's laughable
>really. They waste time here
>while they could be up
>in northern Ca, say Modoc,
>where it's actually possible. The
>majority of bucks around here
>simply will not score well.
>
>
You do know the reason they hold out for the G3 hunt is not because they are expecting a 200? buck it's because they have already hunted lassen,Modoc and the Anderson flat hunt and they haven't found a buck they feel is worth shooting so G3 is the last chance.

>You do know the reason they
>hold out for the G3
>hunt is not because they
>are expecting a 200? buck
>it's because they have already
>hunted lassen,Modoc and the Anderson
>flat hunt and they haven't
>found a buck they feel
>is worth shooting so G3
>is the last chance.

That's one scenario for sure. However, over the years I've ran into several governor's tag holders here searching the valley, well before the G3 opener.

Just Curious, with the Gov. Tag, can you hunt the entire state when ever you want? or can you just hunt any unit you want while that unit is open? For instance, could you hunt X2 in December if you held that tag? or would you be limited to zones that are open to hunting that late in the year.

You get to hunt when everything?s closed I'm not sure when the exact date of the close of the season is for the tag though

aren't there two kinds of aution tags?????....an open season tag and a golden state tag???

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>so....this is the auction tag buck
>killed in G3 this year????
>
>
>
7908865532f673a914a25812e6b351ee06dfc.jpeg

>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Yes. Right off Division creek. Paul was right.

>Beautiful buck. Looks to be 27"
>or so. I'd pop him.
>
I've shot quit a few 28?s and 29?s the last 10 years in Cali and that bucks right there with them I'd say

>>Beautiful buck. Looks to be 27"
>>or so. I'd pop him.
>>
>I've shot quit a few 28?s
>and 29?s the last 10
>years in Cali and that
>bucks right there with them
>I'd say

Oh yes you have and color me jealous. But, if this is a Goodale buck, those ears are probably about 19" as those are Inyo muleys. I've measured a few over the last couple years-not B&C measurement, just checking ear width and greatest spread on antlers.

Love that country.

>>so....this is the auction tag buck
>>killed in G3 this year????
>>
>>
>>
7908865532f673a914a25812e6b351ee06dfc.jpeg

>>
>>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>
>Yes. Right off Division creek. Paul
>was right.

just left there. that is not division creek! the gov. tag was guided by mossback. the guy killed a4pntr in g3. maybe 25".picture was text to me and I can't save it? pic might be protected. just saves as text?? g3 was a bad year this year saw 15 to 20 bucks a day. I got a 26".no country for old men. but for the young and in great shape it can produce a stud.

>According to our illustrious F &
>W these deer are burro
>mule deer. pc
>

D12 is burro mule deer....wtf said goodale bucks were???

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>According to our illustrious F &
>W these deer are burro
>mule deer. pc
>

Paul:

Put the Budweiser down.....it's affecting your senses. :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

>Thats one hell of a good
>buck but definitely not g3;).
>Close tho

which one??

the blonde looks good.....but not juniorish....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>Whats the good word for g3?
>Whats everyone been seeing? This
>storm was a good one,
>what I wouldnt give to
>have that tag this year!
>

was a bad year not many deer. i'll post up picks when I can

>great buck....and great photography....29-1/4"
>
>
>
>
yes it said just under 30

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-19 AT 11:04AM (MST)[p]PC
That picture is on Facebook California Hunting as well as a few other great bucks the past few days.
Congrats to your nephew. That's a great buck.

>That picture is on Facebook California
>Hunting as well as a
>few other great bucks the
>past few days.
>Congrats to your nephew. That's a
>great buck.

^^^^ this is the correct

>The blonde gal shot that in
>g6.

dang...no kidding?....G6 hasn't seen a buck like that in a few years.

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

You?d be surprised there was a GIANT 4x4 shot out of g6 back in ?12 I believe, Theres a monster or two that usually end up slippin under the radar every year in g6

So...does anyone have any more photos of bucks actually taken in G3 this year? So far, out of 70 ish posts, only one seems to be documented here.

-HS

Right? Lol seems how theres always a pissing contest when it come to goodale... Not where I intended my thread to go as i was just hoping to see some nice bucks and read some good huntin stories.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-19 AT 02:31PM (MST)[p]>Right? Lol seems how theres always
>a pissing contest when it
>come to goodale... Not where
>I intended my thread to
>go as i was just
>hoping to see some nice
>bucks and read some good
>huntin stories.

Here's some of the photos shared with me from Goodale this year...I don't "own" the images, but all have been posted on social media so I'll assume they're OK to share here...Admin please delete if not OK.

I have another(about the same caliber of buck as the other two) but the photo up loader doesn't seem to like it

-HS

92686goodale1.jpg

96357goodale2.jpg

>Ome heck of a GOV tag
>buck. 235"s?

You talking about tires or score? If the latter, you may need to go back to the eye doctor.

I hope to be hunting Goodale in the next few years. I have max points. I think it looks like beautiful country to hunt and I enjoy seeing lots of deer. I'd be happy with a 150'ish deer if the hunt is fun. Congrats to all the hunters that were successful. Too bad Nickman left. He was a good resource to have.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom