Got a hair cut Tuesday

eelgrass

Long Time Member
My last hair cut was in February so I was due. I was looking on line to find one open and I noticed one that opened at 7:30am. I'd never heard of it before but I figured what the heck.

I was the first one of the day and when I walked in he told me to take my stupid looking mask off. Right then I knew I made the right choice. He was about my age and said he'd been in business since 1974. He told me his name and I asked if he had a brother? Hell, I know his brother from way back. Then we both mentioned other people and we both knew all of them. Mostly old woods workers from way back. He's a full blood Yurok and I know most of them too. I spent about an hour after I got my hair cut just telling stories. It was pretty cool.
All these years and I never even heard of his shop.

Yeah I know, thanks for sharing....lol

My last hair cut was in February so I was due. I was looking on line to find one open and I noticed one that opened at 7:30am. I'd never heard of it before but I figured what the heck.

I was the first one of the day and when I walked in he told me to take my stupid looking mask off. Right then I knew I made the right choice. He was about my age and said he'd been in business since 1974. He told me his name and I asked if he had a brother? Hell, I know his brother from way back. Then we both mentioned other people and we both knew all of them. Mostly old woods workers from way back. He's a full blood Yurok and I know most of them too. I spent about an hour after I got my hair cut just telling stories. It was pretty cool.
All these years and I never even heard of his shop.

Yeah I know, thanks for sharing....lol

I can't believe you gave up Eel at this point I might need a sheering not a haircut. Hasn't been this long since I was young.
Do the Yurok have the nets in the river and smoking salmon? They make the best damn salmon candy I just don;t get up that far north too much anymore.

I can't believe you gave up Eel at this point I might need a sheering not a haircut. Hasn't been this long since I was young.
Do the Yurok have the nets in the river and smoking salmon? They make the best damn salmon candy I just don;t get up that far north too much anymore.

They do gill net the river and they're down river Indians so the fish are prime. I've eaten their salmon candy and it's excellent.

Damn I get mine cut every other Friday. I could not imagine that long. When my normal place was shut down I had my granddaughter use my beard trimmer. Turned out great.

I'M Not Sure that Ms Eel knows what kind of Trim Eel is really getting down at the Barber Shop?:D

barber shop.jpg

Got mine cut 2 day’s ago. It was WAY past due. The gal and I joked back and forth (I don’t really go for the haircut. LOL) and when she finished she said “There ya go little buddy”.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom