Got any shooting bench plans?

feddoc

Long Time Member
Yea, I know I can do a web search, but I'm more interested in what has already worked for you. Share those plans.

Thanks.

Everything from a Bench to the Super Model "LEAD SLED" is 100% G-A-R-B-A-G-E.
The Leadsled ='s making Men MORE STUPIDER... If that is a word.

Feddoc, I am not bugged by the idea. I just need to ask: Back in Hunter Safety etc... what are the various shooting Positions...?

Please guys, especially our NEW MEMBERS. React....

There were quite a few posts on shooters forum about building shooting benches. I've been reading some of those posts as I'm wanting to build one myself.

I've noticed that literally all shooting benches at the gun ranges I've been to require my 6'3" self to pretty much lay down on the GD things and then squirm interminably to get comfortable. I also, could use a good set of plans.

JimNv, most shooting benches at public ranges are built for the average guy of 5'-9" or 5'-10" in height. If you find a set of plans just add about 5-6 inches in height for your private shooting bench.

RELH

I built a concrete bench for me.....I'm 6'-5

I'll post pics and dimensions....tomorrow

It is at my house......I don't remember having much problem figuring dimensions....it is mirrored so lefties just have to move the sandbags and chair

X2 on the concrete. My buddies rotates on a collar/sleeve made of pipe. Thats what you want if you have multiple targets spread across a hillside. Its in the shade and is nice and cool to lay on in the summer. :)

That's one I've been looking at for a while and the reviews are awesome. I was hoping I could build one myself but I'm having trouble sourcing all the parts like they use.
Sometimes it's best to just pay the price and be done with it.

These are not plans but a shooting bench we use. My dad has a left handed one and I have a right handed. Folds up nicely and easy to carry. We use shooting bags don’t really like the feel of the led sled. https://www.doashootingbench.com/

These are not plans but a shooting bench we use. My dad has a left handed one and I have a right handed. Folds up nicely and easy to carry. We use shooting bags don’t really like the feel of the led sled. https://www.doashootingbench.com/

How solid does it feel when compared to one built out of lumber? I saw a few pictures, with measurements, built out of 2X6. I figured i could use 4X4. Maybe. The one you linked to looks pretty good.

Here's mine I like it quite well...
IMG_2470.jpg
IMG_2471.jpg

Oh Now I understand. I was thinking of this kind of Western Shooting....

If'n I had a Honda Trail 110, I would have a faster score in the course... Of Course :)

Jagerdad :)

No Tikka, no lead paint chips but I did chew a mouthful of lead shotgun pellets until I chewed/shaped them into a Lead 30 Cal Bullet. Best way to keep busy in class and not listen to the Teacher.

I could spit and break classroom windows at 40 Fee

If you guys are looking for a portable shooting bench, try looking at the link I posted above.
RELH

Dear Homer, You are highly intelligent but why not share your Life's Knowledge..?

For me, the everyday Hunter is very un-educated. here is a video where a nice looking kid is advertising and allowing his first words about hits termed as a PATTERN. Only Shotgun's show Patterns. Yikes.. !!!!!

American's are actually some of the poorest shooters on EARTH. Here may be a singular element (Outside of Lacking Knowledge).

If you see nothing incorrect then you need to Punch your Father in his Snoz.... No, Just kidding at the punching part. He didn't know. He likely killed endless game off a Trucks Hood or simply knowing how to shoot.

Jagerdad :-(

Dear Homer, You are highly intelligent but why not share your Life's Knowledge..?

For me, the everyday Hunter is very un-educated. here is a video where a nice looking kid is advertising and allowing his first words about hits termed as a PATTERN. Only Shotgun's show Patterns. Yikes.. !!!!!

American's are actually some of the poorest shooters on EARTH. Here may be a singular element (Outside of Lacking Knowledge).

If you see nothing incorrect then you need to Punch your Father in his Snoz.... No, Just kidding at the punching part. He didn't know. He likely killed endless game off a Trucks Hood or simply knowing how to shoot.

Jagerdad :-(
To bad you live in California Jagerdad, I’d like to go shooting with you!

Dear Tikka... "NOW" a local Bar Drunk could out shoot me. I have no ego. I can say the truth and never be worried. However Dear Tikka, it should be "OUR GOAL" to pass forward really good knowledge.

4 D Record: Tikka could out shoot Jagerdad in all Disciplines of Marksmanship held Nationally and Internationally.

Hey doc!

That Ain't a very Stable piece of Furniture there!

But I do believe it was Pioneered here in the Basin!:D

Too late, Bessie. I bought 10 of them, sold 4 to cover my cost. Each of the 6 I kept are in pretty good shape, with 5 metal rods in each used to tighten them up a bit. I'm gonna take one, and replace those threads with 5/8" all thread to put a bit of torque on 'em.

Dear Homer... You should never share such Pictures of WEALTH'S...

Bernie will see you as the TOP 1% and rain acid rain upon your Kingdom YOU EARNED. If'n you loosen up and be Positive + Friendly (as you are now) I will steal a Honda Trail 110 and drive it right into his "LEFT" Ankle... Well, over estimating the massive Power Torque, weight, mass ( {\displaystyle E=mc^{2}}) (*)
Yet, since I am a Kind OLD Guy, I would never bother Bernie.... especially after everyone in NEVADA Gave His Honda Trail 110, Jet Fuel.

Obfuscation 101 and Bernie accelerates... Not enough folks, YET, to stop Him.

Jagerdad :) See Below

(*) ='s { High School Data} This formula states that the equivalent energy (E) can be calculated as the mass (m) multiplied by the speed of light (c = ~3×108 m/s) squared. Similarly, anything having energy exhibits a corresponding mass m given by its energy E divided by the speed of light squared c2. Because the speed of light is a large number in everyday units, the formula implies that even an everyday object at rest with a modest amount of mass has a very large amount of energy intrinsically.

So Homer, do the holes in the poly tank "heal up" so all the sand doesn't leak out?
they do.....no sand leeks out and it has thousands of holes....in a 3 foot circle. I'll take a picture. no doubt it will eventually be done....but it has been shot at for 10+ years.

When we shoot pistols we shoot from the field at a different side to not prematurely ruin the rifle side.....I've had 22lr from pistols bounce off and come back and hit me....lol....not good

How solid does it feel when compared to one built out of lumber? I saw a few pictures, with measurements, built out of 2X6. I figured i could use 4X4. Maybe. The one you linked to looks pretty good.
Very solid ! Easy to put up and take down. I got tired of dinky around with other shooting arrangements. I use mine with shooting bags. Dog gone good shooting bags. https://www.dog-gone-good.com/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom