Got 'er done yesterday...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
...just in time for dinner -- meaty country-style pork ribs slathered with slightly doctored Sweet Baby Ray's Chipolte BBQ sauce. Naturally they were aided & abetted by two of my favs -- fries & an ear of fresh corn.

These are two of the $.97 lb. bone-in ribs after final processing, which began by smoking all 11 pounds for three hours at 225 with applewood. I then kept them in the fridge overnight because of time constraints.

Our crockpot wasn't big enough for all of them, so I decided to use the oven for finishing the job. I did six in one pan with the BBQ sauce. The rest -- about 10-12 -- went into a separate deep pan with a sauce I concocted similar to the last batch I made.

The sauce consisted of two cans of El Pato spicy hot sauce, one can of thicker tomato sauce & about two cans of water from rinsing the cans. I then added two chopped fresh jalapenos, four minced garlic cloves, a large chopped onion, a tbsp of Huy Fung garlic/chile concentrate & a few spices. Covered both pans with foil & popped them in the oven for another two hours at 200 deg.

I'll add a photo of the other type when I pack them for the freezer later.

ctrystyleBBQribs.JPG

ctrystyleBBQribs2.JPG

Last edited:
OW, I see you like your "fries". Are they homemade or store bought? If store bought what brand are they? They look good.
No, the ones in these photos are homemade. I also use frozen ones sometimes for expediency. I buy the latter by the case in Costco. You can tell the frozen ones I use when they are all the same size square cut like these:

BBQRIBS2.JPG

When I do homemade like last night, I soak the cut taters for at least 20 mins., changing the water in the middle. Then I 'double fry' them -- once in for a few minutes at 350, then out to drain on paper towels for 2 mins. and finally in again at 375 to a golden brown -- usually about 3-4 mins.

We have a deep fryer, so it's not a big deal to just slice & rinse. Sometimes I even leave the skins on. I've tried making them im the air fryer but don't care much for them. This is the Farberware deep fryer I use.

1634928730308.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom