Got my 2018 buck back!

HerdBull

Was fortunate enough to turn this buck up during the 2nd rifle season of 2018 in the Gunnison basin. Snagged the tag off of the leftover list after applying unsuccessfully for the same unit during the draw. We passed up a handful of smaller bucks before laying eyes on this guy. It was a no brainer and we quickly moved to get into position. We got busted by does on the stalk in and watched him blow out of the hidey hole we was in. I thought surely we’d never see him again. After hiking up and over the next hill, there he was. 80 yards, broadside looking right at us. I dropped to my knee to steady my shot as there was nothing close to rest on, and no time to mess around. 1 shot dropped him in his tracks. Incredibly blessed to have shared this experience with my oldest son. I’ve taken a handful of nice bucks from the basin over the past years, but this guy is by far my best. Hope the pics post!

ECAB07D2-FC87-4953-8D30-3664C4B9A98C.jpeg

B1EA9DA7-9017-4A3E-A64E-B9D3634E9D91.jpeg

190CB190-9CB7-4547-A117-944220DED1A5.jpeg

Congratulations for a terrific Gunnison buck and beautiful mount. Way to get it done during the second season. The anticipation finally getting mount after a long wait must have made it even sweeter. Care to share any of the measurements?

Thank you sir!! Yes, the wait killed me but totally worth it in the end. I green scored him @173” in the shop. 27 inches wide. First time ever scoring a deer so I probably screwed it up. We tried to follow the B&C instructions online. Either way my personal best and having my son with me was even better!

Thank you too sir! You’re not the 1st person that’s said that. Now that I’ve got him back I may contact an official B&C scorer and let them put a tape to him.

He's better than 173 but honestly the inches don't matter. Way cool buck and the kicker crab claws really add that special uniqueness to an already great buck.

Thank you guys! Truly blessed to have taken this buck. My son is hooked for sure, but he has been for awhile. He just turned 12 this month so he can finally apply in the Colorado draw, but he has taken a few deer and turkeys on our family ranch in Kansas. He took a beautiful 10 point Whitetail buck this past December, his first buck ever. Needless to say, that buck is also in the taxidermy shop. Thank you guys again, I’ll be reaching out to a B&C scorer soon and let you know what he officially tapes out at.

Great buck! And you got it on a turn back tag, can’t beat that! Congratulations! Who did the taxidermy work? Looks awesome!

Absolutely, he tackled me as he was so overwhelmed with excitement!! Thanks again guys. Super stoked to have gotten it done in the basin!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom