Got my apps in

I feel your pain. I am applying for my family of 7!!! They wont get my apps until the last second. They are sitting in my NMDGF cart

>Don't worry...you'll get almost all of
>it back! #nonresidentpain

Just wanted to mention that as a Resident that finally drew my home elk unit of choice after 13 years this year...don't hold your breath.

I keep hearing of people applying for sheep in every state. I dont think my nerves could handle it.

Since my divorce financial black hole finally ended, I was going to try some of the exotics this year, but the draw odds sure have plunged since my pre-divorce days. Would take a lot of coin for a very poor chance. Am doing elk though.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

Not that I want to encourage competition for exotics, but as I see it, you're really only out the interest your credit card will charge you for about 35 to 40 days:

$6,000 X 35 / 365 X 12% = approximately $70. So, depending on the interest rate of your individual card and how many hunts you apply for, you'll still be out less than a $100 if you don't draw anything...

Now if you're lucky enough to draw one of these tags, you get no sympathy from me.

I'm planning on NOT drawing. I'll be applying in Idaho also.

Also, I think its 20$/spp @ 80 bucks + the 70 bucks interest = 150.00.

Actually cheaper than Idaho.

That 6K is sticker shock though!!!

>Haven't even started!! :D

You are always welcome in on my app NMBoltripper.
I did my standard application of putting in for everything except javelina.

Fair enough--I didn't think about the app fee: $150 just to spite us resident hunters... ;-)

I'm in! But not for $6k. Dang
This is my year. I feel it!!

Good luck all

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Can't be your year, I'm putting in my app right now. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I'm all in... It's weird - I don't get my hopes up a bit. I'll check my draw status after the draw has happened, but I feel the odds are so terrible that I basically plan on NOT drawing. One of these years...my card will be up though!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-14 AT 11:14AM (MST)[p]I've got 6 apps in my cart plus the license and right now it is $7,950. :-(

Hopefully I don't get "almost all" of it back like I did in 2012, I would like to draw at least one tag.

This time of year I have to make early payments on my credit card to keep it from going over the limit with all the different draws in the different states.

I've got over $7K sitting on my card already for my Wyoming applications.

One of these days I'm going to draw one of these high dollar tags and be completely shocked!

Anyone else think it's CRAZY that Javelina ($66) costs more to apply for than Antelope ($61) and Cow elk ($61) as a resident!!! That's one reason I don't put in for Javelina anymore. IMO it's twice as much as it should be. Should be down around $30 bucks like Arizona.

TRC

Submitted elk app today. Gave 2nd thoughts to investing in some exotics or sheep, but Colorado is looming ahead. Had to sit out 2 years of sheep apps there due to the wretched parasitic ex, and I am not about to make it a 3rd. So I'll pass on everything else in NM. Good luck to all (except those who applied in my elk unit). :)

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom