GOUGING II !!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
A Few Days ago I was in one of Our Supply House/ Hardware Stores!

Each morning they get a New Pile of Price Stickers to Replace on Certain items!

2X4 Studs!

Old Sticker Price 6.99!

New Sticker Price 12.99!

With a Lowe's in the Same Town I Doubt they'll Move the Very Few Studs they Have!

But!

JUDAS!

F'N!

PRIEST!

Its crazy right now. I bought a few sheets of 5/8 cdx plywood at $28 then went back a week later for a couple more and they were over $40!

So...exactly where in the supply chain is the gouging occurring?

Well I doubt we are buying wood from trees that can't be harvested because of this year's fires....or last years.

They will raise the price again in 2 years to compensate for the fires taking timber. Even though much of the forests that burned were brush and the timber left, if they are allowed to log it, will be usable.

I realize that pricing for timber products has always been based on speculation of supply. Still fair to call it gouging.

Well I doubt we are buying wood from trees that can't be harvested because of this year's fires....or last years.

They will raise the price again in 2 years to compensate for the fires taking timber. Even though much of the forests that burned were brush and the timber left, if they are allowed to log it, will be usable.

I realize that pricing for timber products has always been based on speculation of supply. Still fair to call it gouging.
right....but who's getting the windfall from the gouging???...the final retailer??

Its always the middle man. Mill will kill themselves. Retailer will be at pricing whim.

Broker will be looking for his 3rd house.

Im seeing more and more livestock producers, seafood producers bypassing the middle. That's the future. Hopefully.

But with Pres Biden, construction will crash, so will the prices.

Ya I know Founder is watching

Glad I built my house 18 months ago when studs were $2 and OSB was $8!

I've got some clients I'm building for right now, foundation is just sitting, waiting for lumber to come down. They'd spend an extra 25k to do it right now!

As an example, I've witnessed housing construction happen along I-25 in Colorado. Never seen anything like it with multiple 1000 cookie cutter housing developments happening over a period of a few years with no end in sight. That's just Colorado. What's it like elsewhere? Our little NW Colorado rural town is lucky to see 3-5 new homes over 3 yrs. Nuts.

Kinda funny seeing that 6.00 price on a 2x4 over where I live!

when you look at the racks above the 2x4’s, there are upwards of a dozen brand new bundles of 2x4’s waiting to be sold!

Supply and demand huh?!!!

Gouging us when they’re just sitting at the store going nowhere???

But 12.99 a stick???!!!

that’s beyond Gouging!

Someone is trying to park a MAC Truck up someones a$$ and hope they don’t feel it!!!

Well Homer?

You Ever Wonder Why Prices are Too F'N High?

I'm Talking Middlemen of the Same Kind/AKA Doing nothing more than Moving the F'N Product through another Thieving F'N Company!

I was talking to a timber feller about a month ago and he told me the sawmill was paying close to $1000/per 1000 board foot for redwood. If he falls a redwood and it breaks the land owner gets all pissed off. Hey, it's redwood. They're pretty brittle and the ground isn't always level.

I just talked to my lumber supplier yesterday. They buy from a distributor and one of the local lumber yards. Pretty much June-September, treated lumber was MIA. Prices were through the roof and not even guaranteed. For example, he may have 6 bunks of OSB on backorder but until he receives a shipping notification that they shipped, the price was unknown. So ya have all this stuff on backorder and they can't even tell you what the price is because they won't know until it starts heading their way! Craziness!

On the plus side, everything's dropped like a rock in the last 3 weeks with the exception of OSB. This is in Ohio east of Cleveland. The manager thinks it'll continue to do so into the winter like it normally does but time will tell.

Im with Homer though.....wonder who was pushing the buttons on price???

I'm trying to replace the deck on my 18' flatbed trailer and couldn't find 2x6x18 boards anywhere but one place and they wanted $65.00 a board for yellow pine.

I Think the GOUGING is just beginning!

Hardly any New Pick-Ups on any Lots!

When People start Needing/Wanting them,what do You Think is gonna Happen?

They're already so High Priced it's Un-Believable!

But they'll get even More High Priced!

I Think the GOUGING is just beginning!

Hardly any New Pick-Ups on any Lots!

When People start Needing/Wanting them,what do You Think is gonna Happen?

They're already so High Priced it's Un-Believable!

But they'll get even More High Priced!

I drive a 2001 f350 powerstroke with 250,000 miles. I have done a ton of work to the drive train the last couple years. It needs injectors and it leaks a bit of oil. I worry about spending too much on it sometimes but I can't see spending the money they want for the new ones and don't even know if I trust any of them to run for the 200,000 miles plus that the old one has....but....

On my way to Idaho this year my water pump went out so I spent the first day I was supposed to hunt replacing it. Then it developed a squeak / ticking noise in the front drive train that i still haven't diagnosed that concerned me for much of the hunt as 4 wheel drive was needed and was a possible necessity for the return trip. We left a day early to avoid snow on the pass returning home.

These developments have me thinking it would sure be nice to drive something less than 20 years old.....

But oh boy the gouging is gonna hurt! Haven't had a truck payment in a LONG time.

Wow! Ouch!
I went through the exact same. Paid $300 for 4 2x8x22. I needed 18 footers and they wouldn't seel anything shorter. Ended up a special order for our small town lumber yard from SLC that special ordered from Idaho. I think a saw mill is in there somewhere too. Lots of fingers getting in there.

I’m building a house at Bear Lake (Utah). Ordered some tongue and groove (1,000 square feet). It was Doug fir and I was quoted $2k and it was scheduled for the d
the following Saturday delivery. They called back a few days later saying they were out of it. They said they had some more coming but the prices changed to $5k! Yeah, that’s not a typo.

I finally found some comparable material for $3,500. Still a lot but I bought it... Fortunately, I bought most of my material (framing) a few months back.

I’m building a house at Bear Lake (Utah). Ordered some tongue and groove (1,000 square feet). It was Doug fir and I was quoted $2k and it was scheduled for the d
the following Saturday delivery. They called back a few days later saying they were out of it. They said they had some more coming but the prices changed to $5k! Yeah, that’s not a typo.

I finally found some comparable material for $3,500. Still a lot but I bought it... Fortunately, I bought most of my material (framing) a few months back.

Wow! That sucks!

FB_IMG_1604379041762.jpg

There's a lot of democrat proofing having to be done, that's a lot of osb, plywood, and studs to protect from the peaceful protesters

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom