Graduation present

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
Got a question for the NM guys/gals. I have promised my son a hunting/fishing trip for a high school graduation present. He gets to choose. He is thinking about a mule deer hunt or a goose/pheasant hunt. We need a couple of options for mulies close to West Texas. The choices need to be of the DIY type due to Dad's funds. Any suggestions or ideas? I was thinking of unit 29, but don't know what the deer pop. there is. I know unit 30 has lots of deer but also thousands of hunters. Anyway I told him he had until the end of March to decide since if he needed to apply for a tag the deadline was early April.

Phantom Hunter

Well if it was me I would put in for unit 30. Seen lots of nice buck this year and all taged out 8 total first and second hunt. Biggest being 5x5 24 inch wide. And also did not see alot of hunters on either of the hunt they were all hunting low i was told. But good luck........

Spring Snow goose hunt in South Dakota, the limit is like 20 a day with a unlimited prossesion. End of april early may they should be pouring thru, a few hundred thousand of them, Please shoot straight and take a bunch home.

Gator , believe it or not the kind of goose hunt you just wrote about is a dream of mine.I love to watch good goose hunting shows and dvd's. I hunted geese here and our limit is four a day but I have to say that if a guy or girl loves to shoot , than goose hunting is about as much fun as can be had. I wished the limit was atleast 8 birds a day and the meat is very good as well...

We had thought about a conservation order goose hunt as well, but my son runs cross country and track. The track season is the same time as the conservation order goose hunts in Texas. I have heard the conservation order late seasons may not be renewed next year, don't know if that is true or not. My son is still interested in a mule deer DIY hunt as well a maybe a goose/pheasant combo hunt up in the Texas panhandle. I have to check on the cross county season to see if the end of it conflicts with mulie hunts.

Phantom Hunter

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom