Grand junction to divide rd question.

theox

Very Active Member
How far of a drive is it from grand junction up the divide to good hubtavle deer areas? On unit 62

We are trying to decide on staying in a hotel or bring a wall tent.

Stay on the Mountain! Hunt longer, get more sleep. Like Coloradoman said, about an hour of wasted time driving.

Hasbean

My buddy and I camped on the divide road a couple 3 times, We did make a run to Grand Junction once each time. By the time you drive (an hour or so each way) and also pay for gas and a hotel it is much better to have a wall tent and make camp and stay near where you are hunting. The hour drive was in good weather. I have kinda added up the cost it would have been of driving to a town, hotel costs, etc. for our hunts in Colo and Wyoming the last 12 to 15 years. It would have cost way way more than a good wall tent, cots, sleeping bags , stove, cooking set up, etc. Plus all the time we would have lost from out hunting time traveling.

Is 62 supposed to get a decent amount of snow then? I can't findmuch. I see GJ is supposed to get a few inches.

>Is 62 supposed to get a
>decent amount of snow then?
>I can't findmuch. I see
>GJ is supposed to get
>a few inches.

Junction isn't supposed to get a few inches and we won't .l hope it does up there.
Good luck!

>Is 62 supposed to get a
>decent amount of snow then?
>I can't findmuch. I see
>GJ is supposed to get
>a few inches.

I live out of Delta Colorado and got 2? last night in the valley
I can see the West Elks, Grand Mesa, and the Uncompagre from my house and they all got snow last night.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom