Grand Mesa

D

dutch

ANy of you guys live near or visit the Grand Mesa up near Junction? I'm heading up there first of week in June for a fishing trip with a buddy. Never been there, but curious if theres' any big ones up there? What is the average size of the fish and the lakes? My buddy says it is pretty awesome so he has me all hyped up!

Dutchlander
We are heading over there in mid June for 4-5 days... you can tell me the secret spots after you find them.

never fished there but i've hunted there, up on the mesa, nice country though..

Dutch,

My personal favorites are the Bull Creeks numbers 1 and 2. They are just a half hour drive from my house and you have to walk about 2 miles to get to them, keeps out most of the riff raff. The Cutts killed out 2 summers ago out of No. 2 when the water temperature got too high due to low water. The rainbow population is still nice.

The Granby's can be good too but since they improved the road they get a lot more pressure. Snowmobilers fishing through the ice have really impacted the fishing in recent years. I'd like to see a season for fishing on some of them.

I get to see the pictures my Wife's Grandfather took 60 years ago. They were third generation Cedaredge people. Back then it took a horse or a long gut bustin jeep ride to fish many of those lakes. Used to be some big fish.

Early June is a good time to go, later the Mosquitoes will suck you dry in a hurry.

And then there is Cabin Reservoir, but it's the town of Palisade's drinking water supply and they don't allow fishing except under a full moon.

BeanMan

>Early June is a good time
>to go, later the Mosquitoes
>will suck you dry in
>a hurry.

I second the skeeter issue. I damn sure wouldn't go there without a sack full of bug dope. Worst I have ever seen.

Beanman, Just curious. What was your wife's family name? I am also a third generation Cedaredge person. Still live here and remember some of those good old days. Cedar

Cedar,

My Wife's maiden name was Whittaker, her parents Bill and Kay live on north 1st. It is Kay's family that is a 3rd gen Cedaredge family (Grant). My Wife's Grandfather was Ken Grant who grew apples on S road. There is also a relation to the Wettricks in there but I'm not sure where.

BeanMan
Palisade

BeanMan, I remember the name Grant. I went to school with Jim and Marcia Wettrick. Their family had a dairy about 1/2 mile north of S Road. My wife is fourth generation Cedaredge. Her Greatgrandparents were Harry and Mary Felton. They lived up on Surface Creek. Thanks for the reply, Cedar

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom