Grand Slam award

Adventurewriter

Very Active Member
Been meaning to post this. I am the sculptor for the "Grand Slam" award through GSCO. As many know the "Grand Slam", an iconic achievement signifies taking all the north American wild sheep. There are two different versions. The bigger one is 36 inches long and the smaller one about 20 inches. They are both bronze. I have also done some customizations with the woodwork to fit peoples wants. The one in this batch of pictures with the more rugged woodwork was done for a man to match his 1800's bar motif.
As always picture never do sculpture justice as you lose in entire dimension and size and presence. My goal in the sculpture was to create a real sense of collision and movement that makes sense.
I wanted it to represent that pinnacle moment after all the struggle to reach this goal.

IMG_2878 - Copy - Copy.JPG

IMG_2882 - Copy.JPG

rrr.jpg

Schnack-small Grand Slam Close up.JPG

Schnack-small Grand Slam.JPG

thumbnail (30).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

IMG_2881.JPG

Nice. (y)

Back when I followed such things, the number of slams and the number of people who climbed Everest Was about the same. I suspect Everest is ahead now?

Thanks all Non Typ although this an award for the Grand Slam I have many others of the kind of wildlife us hunters love and Sporting scenes and also my Biblical art... just love doing it...

Do you recreate the persons rams as close as possible or are they a generic representation? Either way that is insane how much talent some people have.

Great sculptor, impressive, remember seeing this in Grand Slam magazine. Now an important Question . What is the cost?

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Deep Color....the ram skulls can be altered a bit...one guy had a double broomed dall and I was able to do that... Kilbuc the cost of the Big one is $4650 and the smaller one is $1450 with a portion going to GSCO. The larger one with the skulls it is designed if you have your slam or say a ram or two shy you keep those skulls off the wood pedestals reminding you they need to move up there... Doing one right now of a guy who is one ram shy the slam number can be added when you get it

Butts it is all walnut...the one with a more square finish is made at a high end wood work shop the others is made by me in my really low end garage ahahahah Hawkeye I will post some maybe on another thread if anyone wants to look my website is www.schnackfinearts.com...lots of cool critters we all love to hunt...

Been meaning to post this. I am the sculptor for the "Grand Slam" award through GSCO. As many know the "Grand Slam", an iconic achievement signifies taking all the north American wild sheep. There are two different versions. The bigger one is 36 inches long and the smaller one about 20 inches. They are both bronze. I have also done some customizations with the woodwork to fit peoples wants. The one in this batch of pictures with the more rugged woodwork was done for a man to match his 1800's bar motif.
As always picture never do sculpture justice as you lose in entire dimension and size and presence. My goal in the sculpture was to create a real sense of collision and movement that makes sense.
I wanted it to represent that pinnacle moment after all the struggle to reach this goal.

View attachment 35673

View attachment 35676

View attachment 35677

View attachment 35678

View attachment 35679

View attachment 35680

View attachment 35681

View attachment 35682
Do they have something like this for deer or elk or any other big game species.

What is the number of Grand Slammers up to now? I dropped out of the sheep hunting scene about a decade ago.

Spectacular bronze, Adventurewriter!

Thanks everyone. I think the Grand Slammers are in the mid 2000's . I just delivered one last night but the added custom feature is this guy is a 700 Club which mean the score total of their four best sheep total more than 700....there are not many of those. GSCO has several awards...I kinda have my eye on getting my super 10 I need either a musk ox or Bison to complete

Hey there you are COLO ELK my buddie is a really excited for the unit we talked about.... you get that deer tag let me know....love to help

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom