Grandpa's first buck (again)

Lymanhh

My dad and I are still on the search for my grandpa's first buck. It won ziniks sporting goods big buck contest in the 50s. ( See a summed up version of story in one of the photos). We know at some point the antlers left the store because the picture of the shoulder mount is after it hung on a plaque in ziniks. We believe it's in Utah somewhere. We also know it's a long shot but would love to get it back to our families possession. Willing to do what it'll take. If any known where about we would love to get any leads. Thanks for looking.

FB_IMG_1640387323977.jpg

IMG_20221219_091413.jpg

FB_IMG_1640387331628.jpg

IMG_20221219_091410.jpg

FB_IMG_1640387338248.jpg

FB_IMG_1671466562686.jpg

FB_IMG_1640387346653.jpg

That is really too bad..! I've thought on more than one occasion that some of these mounts we see in stores that have a name by them might just slip out a back door some day... I hope your attempt with amount to something this time around! Good luck!

Best of luck finding the buck. Neat buck.

I was wondering about the photo of the contest winner? Appears to be a female name that won and a different name. And won a new car??? Pretty awesome prize!

So?

It Was OK To Let Somebody-Else Take The Buck That Didn't Shoot It & Enter It & Win A Vehicle?
Funny you mentioned that. I know in the last few years my grandpa was alive that haunted him the way they did it. I have heard that the lady who took it for him always felt bad for doing so as well. I don't know the tiny details of it all but I do know I'd love to see this deer in person. I wore the pages out of the old orange cover Utah's biggest bucks books looking at it and all the others in when I was a little kid.

Funny you mentioned that. I know in the last few years my grandpa was alive that haunted him the way they did it. I have heard that the lady who took it for him always felt bad for doing so as well. I don't know the tiny details of it all but I do know I'd love to see this deer in person. I wore the pages out of the old orange cover Utah's biggest bucks books looking at it and all the others in when I was a little kid.
Sounds like karma came around ? beautiful buck tho!

Those early post war hunting years had to be incredible and I would guess lots of giant heads were just left on the mountain.
Even when I started tagging along with my Dad in the late 50's most big antler sets went in the trash or on a barn.
Hopefully that one didn't just get tossed!

So?

I'd Guess You're Related To Phil?

I Figured You Were!

Off Topic But?

How Did They Single 4-5 Guys Out For Citations On The Recapture ATV Ride?

I Know Phil Was One of Them!

I Know SM Was Another One!

I Don't Know Or Remember Who The Others Were?

But The Bundy Bunch Was Not Cited!

I Just Don't See How you Can Just Single A Few Of Them Out & Let The rest Of Them Walk?

The One Thing I've Always Laughed At Is The Sign The Bundy's Made & Were Sportin on The ATV Ride!

They're So Illiterate That Can't Even Spell!

Yes I am.

I Figured You Were!

Off Topic But?

How Did They Single 4-5 Guys Out For Citations On The Recapture ATV Ride?

I Know Phil Was One of Them!

I Know SM Was Another One!

I Don't Know Or Remember Who The Others Were?

But The Bundy Bunch Was Not Cited!

I Just Don't See How you Can Just Single A Few Of Them Out & Let The rest Of Them Walk?

The One Thing I've Always Laughed At Is The Sign The Bundy's Made & Were Sportin on The ATV Ride!

They're So Illiterate That Can't Even Spell!
I'm not even a 100 percent sure on alot of that. I think it was something to do with conspiracy something or other

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom