Gray Fox Calls to Buy a Dog

H

HoundDawg

The other night my phone rang and it was my 'ol buddy the Gray Fox, livin' large and just polishing off a bear claw and a cup 'o mud.

We chatted for a bit and then he got down to business, the reason for the phone call. "Dawg", he said, "I need to buy a dog off you. This is what I'm looking for. I need a dog that is broke off deer and elk, can drive a 2 day old track and stay with it all day long, or can jump on a hot track, jerk the slack out of it and run it down. The dog has to have hard feet that will hold up day in and day out in the rocks, and I need a cold nose that can rig a 2 day old bear track off the shale rock. It has to be a hard hard tree dog, never break tree and won't ever growl or fight with other dogs. I have $1,200 bucks in my pocket and I ain't afraid to spend it. Can you help me out?"

I thought for a minute and then told him, "Gray Fox, you are in luck. I have just the dog for you. He is broke off deer, elk, moose, skunks, porcupine, coyotes and monkeys. If he opens his mouth, you are either on a bear, lion or a bobcat. He will drive a 3 day old lion track on bare ground and you'll grow old waiting for him to quit the track. You better give all your other dogs a half mile head start on a hot track and tell 'em to wave at him as he comes past. He'll see 'em again when they get to the tree he's slobbering under. His feet are so hard he'll trail a lion across hot molten lava and not feel it. His feet will hold up for about 2 steady weeks of hunting, but then you'll probably have to rest him a day. He'll rig a bear out of the canyon they are in, and hell that dog will rig a bear in the canyons they are headed to and haven't even made it there yet!! You could tunnel through the mountain to the tree with a pick 'n shovel and he'll still be there slobbering and pounding it!! And cold nose? Hell, his nose is so cold other dogs sit down when he comes around!! Won't growl at another dog, but he'll latch onto a bears ass and hang on while the bear climbs the tree. You'll come into the tree and see a bear sitting up there with a hound dog hanging from it's ass. It's a nice dog and I'd probably let him go for $800 bucks."

"Wow", said the Gray Fox, "are you kidding me?"

I responded, "Ya, actually I am kidding but you started it."

;-) -Junkyard Dawg

One thing you can be sure of.... if a cur guy starts it... and a bluetick guy jumps in next...

you can bet the cur guy will finish it... stand by for fireworks !! (oh... and the plott and B&T guys are standing around scratchin their heads... going... huh ???)

LOL !

Steve Lithgow
http://www.waycoolkennels.com

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-03 AT 02:34PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-03 AT 02:31?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-03 AT 02:24?PM (MST)

Well...what a fine kettle of fish we have here! You can't even leave for a day for a little hunt without being falsely accused of some act of asininity and absurdity. The minute you turn your back, the Dawg will be nipping at your heels like the feisty little terrier he is! The Dawg always strikes out and kicks you, but only when you are down! Tsk! Tsk!

I really didn't want to expose the Dawg for what he is and where he came from, but he leaves absolutely me no choice. You have all, no doubt, heard the many stories about Lil' Johnny have you not? Well, guess what? Lil' Johnny was none other than the Dawg we all know. That's right, his real name was Johnny Azhul. Of course you all know that there are more Azhuls in Utah County than any other place on earth. The Dawg will probably soon be reigning as the King of the Azhul Clan of Utah County! ;-)

He started out pretty well actually, but the genetic weaknesses, worsened by the many gallons of Jos? Cuervo, wild women, and southwest hound camps have finally taken their toll. It's true and the predictions of all those doctors have ultimately come to fruition. The Notorious Dawg has recently reached the utmost degree of delusionalism!:-(

Check out the story. Lies, lies and more lies. :eek:

First, the only reason I might ever call his house is to talk with that pretty wife of his....makes you wonder...what was she thinkin' when she said "yes"??? :7 Was she blackmailed or did she really believe Dawg was a rich dude in disguise???....hard to figure...eh? :eek:

Second, as far as Ol' Sam is concerned, he is a pretty good dog and if he were a litle different color.... I just recently explained why Sam was OK . He is actually 3/4 Leopard Cur and only looks somewhat like a Bootick. Personally, I think most of the rest of that 1/4 non-Leopard blood was undoubtedly Walcur!
}>

Third, I must say that I have never been so embarrassed in my entire life as when I was hunting over in Arizona with the Dawg. (This is the part I really hate to admit, because my reputation will suffer.):-( Anyway, there I was hunting with the Dawg in his usual Jos? Cuervo induced stupor and he had Ol' Sam up riggin' with those Leopards of mine. Now before he passed out, the Dawg had faithfully promised to jump out quickly and hide Ol' Sam if anybody came along just to save me the obviously unbelieveable embarrassment of having a speckled dog on my Toyota! Alas, someone did come by, but by that time the notorious Dawg was passed out on the seat of my rice rocket! :'(

Fourth, when in heaven's name have you heard of the Gray Fox having more than about $3 in his pocket at one time??? Ridiculous, retired school teachers don't have that kind of money! :-(

The thing you must remember through all this is that the most beliebveable of all lies is one with a little dab of truth in it. You should also remember that the only classes the Dawg ever excelled in were Deception 101, Chicanery 1A and 1B...you get the picture! And don't forget that according to the Dawg, 64% on a test is "Kickin' Butt"! }>

"The scenery never changes unless you are the lead dog."

I'd love to be able to argue and refute the verbal abuse heaped upon me in this post above...

But anyone out here that knows me will quickly realize that the Gray Fox pretty much summed me up. It was like reading an authorized biography of my life.

Before I owned hounds I could have said, "Hey, I resent those remarks!!"

But now all I can muster is "Hey, I resemble that remark!!"

-Trashy, mangy, dirty, lowdown junkyard Dawg

PS. Thanks for blowing my cover Gray One. I think I had most of these guys fooled into thinking I was a pretty nice guy.

Naw, Dawg....you are the king here! You can really dish it out, but you can take it too. Without your wit and sense of humor, this board would be way less fun! Let's go chase something! You can even bring Ol' Sam! :D

"The scenery never changes unless you are the lead dog."

Me? A king? Hell buddy, I'm not the king in my own household. Let alone over a bunch of misfit hillbillies like this forum houses.

I wouldn't wish being king of this group on anyone, except maybe Bluehair!! ;-)

But Ed says if he can squeeze back into his one piece purple leotard, he'd like to be Queen!!!

-Dawg
Jack of all trades, master of none

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom