green desert?

D

DougW

Just thought i'd share some up-to-date info for anyone hunting central/SE WY this year. Just drove from Denver to yellowstone and back on a long weekend trip....
From west of laramie to at least Rawlins (it got dark on us there)....i've never seen it this green in late July. And the runoff from the Wind Rivers is still crankin.
On the way back....from about Glenrock to Cheyenne...same deal, a green oasis in general with water flowing in places I rarely see water from I-25 this time of year. This isn't just from recent thunderstorms either. Glenrock Res. is covering hundreds of acres of cottonwoods as of this week still....

Doug

About the same as last year when I went to WY during July to check out the area we drew to hunt...all green and it was the same thing in NEVADA too.

Brian
http://i48.tinypic.com/238eb6.jpg[/IMG]

Are the well and water leves back to pre-drought levels? For the last 10 years (excluding last and this year) it seems that all I heard was 'WY in a drought'

Bill

The reservoirs on the North Platte and Laramie rivers are all full and they will be releasing excess water into the winter to make some space for the 2011 runoff. Also, there's no Glenrock Reservoir, maybe Glendo is the one you were describing? Glendo is down about 6 feet from what it was a month ago, but it is still darned full.

And yes, the country looks great. Should be lots of healthy fawns and critters in good condition going into the fall.

icm-thx for the correction, yes Glendo.

simply amazing up there this year. And we're almost over the hump in terms of temps./sun this summer.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom