grizzly hunt

Have hunted all my life in Idaho and the west and have never seen a grizz. Wouldn?t know where to start looking. Driggs? Sand Point?

My friend has them on his deck all the time. Hard to keep them out of stuff. Yeah, I bought a chance. :)

Ya why not! Last I heard there were only 400 or so apps. Not bad odds. Besides with it still being in court there might not be a tag anyways. My luck would be I draw a once in a lifetime tag and they take it away lol. Good luck

I felt like they did a great job keeping the applications down. Paper only, checks, etc.

Honestly I never saw an application booklet until the Friday before the 15th when they were due (which was a Sunday? how does that work?)

I never did get put in...probably the best draw odds one will ever have for a griz hunt in the lower 48.

I would start up at Island Park or Victor.

it wasn't paper only and checks. you could have applied on line, at a vendor, or at IDFG offices with plastic too....

>Have hunted all my life in
>Idaho and the west and
>have never seen a grizz.
>Wouldn?t know where to start
>looking. Driggs? Sand Point?

Driggs? Naw. You'd be extremely lucky to find one between Driggs and the Wyo boarder which isn't very far.

Island Park. I've only seen a couple while hunting, I've seen more while fishing. Last May (2017) right at dark I saw a sow and a little cub cross the hwy heading west about a few hundred yards south of Riverside campground. They looked wet, I have know idea how that tiny little cub crossed that river.

I put in, I figure odds are it will be the one and only time I ever feel the urge to apply seeing as how it will be a pick your 1 OIL opportunity in future years. I'm guessing draw odds will be great next year and on into the future

>Have hunted all my life in
>Idaho and the west and
>have never seen a grizz.
>Wouldn?t know where to start
>looking. Driggs? Sand Point?

Only area that is open is near island park

>I put in, I figure odds
>are it will be the
>one and only time I
>ever feel the urge to
>apply seeing as how it
>will be a pick your
>1 OIL opportunity in future
>years. I'm guessing draw odds
>will be great next year
>and on into the future
>

agreed, I keep hoping it will help increase draw odds for sheep but I probably won't put my money on that hope.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-18 AT 09:10AM (MST)[p]Just saw that 7000 people applied in WY. Haven?t heard numbers yet for ID, but I would imagine much less.

I'm guessing less than 1000 for sure, but they also have 24 tags for their 7000 applicants. Will be interested to see the final numbers for sure

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-18 AT 04:59PM (MST)[p]I threw my name in the hat. Dont ever have luck drawing any other species so maybe Grizzlies are my thing?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom