Grizzly

ironhead

I killed this Bear a couple weeks ago on a guided hunt. We saw 12 Grzzlies on the trip and this Bear stood out like a sore thumb. We saw him 6 of the 10 days we were there. I killed him the evening of my last day to hunt. We were joking that he was part Panda,Polar Bear and Grizzly. Here are a couple pictures, he wasn't the biggest but he was the most unique.

98011img11672.jpg

20900img11682.jpg

I like his coloring, I believe I would taken him too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Bright Blonde Grizz are usually small, young bears, I wanted a super dark 9 foot plus toad.

I killed a blondie in '96 in unit 13, a
7 1/2 footer l after hinting 17 days, then realized that I needed to go where the real big bears live and booked a 14 day spring hunt on Kodiak and killed a 15 year old 10" 1" Booner.

Blondies are pretty, but usually small.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-18 AT 02:38PM (MST)[p]Nice bear. Those color of grizz are generally referred to as "Toklat" bears. They are actually somewhat common along the south side of the Alaska Range, and around the north side of Denali NP. I see a couple every year, although I will admit I see the same sow on a certain ridge about every year, and she has new cubs ever few years which are usually the light color. The sows tend to be more commonly the blond color, but not always. I've seen a number of other ones over the years.

Cool stuff, and a unique animal none the less.

>Cool looking bear for sure...congratulations!!!
>Headed to Alaska in May and
>I can't wait.

I am headed to AK in May as well for spring blackies on Kuprenauf island.
Stoked!

Congrats!
That is one beautiful bear. You made the right choice

Congrats again

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom